The unlikely helper.

Unexpected You ~ The Sequel

Sorry for being MIA this past few weeks. I've been tight down with work and could not find the spare time to publish all my written works. Mianhe!!

Here goes the next chapter... 

Enjoyz!!


~~ Jiyong ~~

"Thanks for coming, Yuri." I watched her taking the seat in front of me. She looks worried while giving me a tight smile. A cold distant smile that send shiver to my skin. I know the only reason she had agreed to this meet up because of how worried my voice was when I had called her earlier. But I didn't mean to have her fool with my desperation to find my still missing lover. Well, it had only been a day with no news or phone call from Hyunnie. And all that I could think of the possibilities of loosing her as my times to find her is fast running out. The chances still there - one part of me said whereby Hyunnie love for me is deep and strong, but the other part of me is raging on that everything could still change therefore I should not be too confident with the situation.

Hyunnie could just decide to not be with me, leaving me as what I deserve to be treated. Just like me. I had changed from being a supportive boyfriend to a jackass one who only think of his own needs than all the sacrifices that Hyunnie had made for me. And let's not forgetting of being a coward. A coward who refuse to be responsible of their own action. Well, I know that Hyunnie had always want to start a family with little ones filling in our house. With the rate of our numerous lovemaking, as a result, I'm sure she will definitely get pregnant. And because of the fear for that, which eventually disrupt my career, I had literaly stop touching her and even avoiding her altogether.

How could I deny her only happiness with my selfishness whilst she always wanting to make me happy.

"You look terrible, Jiyong."

I just nodded my head but could not care less of how terrible I might look. It is totally irrelevant with the problem that I am facing currently.

"I could not get a wink of sleep lately." My hands tremble. I don't know why. I clasp my hands and push it in-between my thighs to make it stop trembling. I tried to crack a smile at the still hard-face Yuri, just to lighten the tension swimming between us.

"Because of Joohyun?" She asked with sarcasm lace in her voice.

I shook my head with a scowled on my face. For some hidden reason, I begin to regret this meeting. "Why would you  think that?"

Yuri just shrugged her shoulder. But what comes out from her lip really give me a great shocked. 

Smirking, she lash out, "I could understand if Prin-cess Joohyun could be overbearing most of the time. And she could be very demanding in a way that she could also be labelled selfish . Afterall, she is indeed the only child coming from a well-to-do family, so yes if you facing trouble to meet with all her stupid demand, I could definitely understand you...Kwon Ji-yong."

My hand trembled that cause my hands to shake with anger. I felt like slapping Yuri pretty face. I could not believe that I heard all these bull from Joohyun so-call 'bestie' that she adore so much and think of her so highly than necessary. But then again, as I recalled that Joohyun had cease any contact with the rest of the SNSD girls, even Yoona. And I guess I should not be surprise with this lashing. However, Joohyun did not deserve such torment from Yuri or any of the SNSD girls. 

"Well, she is not that kind of person, Yuri. And I did not ask you out so that we could bad mouth my girlfriend!!" I growled. And I seriously feel like strangling her neck with the dirty look she thrown at me. But I able to control my rising temper, reminding myself that I need to bear with all these just to grasp any information so that I could use to look for my missing lover. 'Stay calm and steady, Jiyong.' I remind myself.

Yuri face expression did not deter from the moment she was seated in front of me. Her face remain hard and full of anger. Then it hit me. She could not be that angry with Joohyun to remain so cold and distant from our current situation. Did she already know about the real truth of my situation with the missing Joohyun? I don't think she is in a talking term with Young Bae since the latter had choose to be with Ji-Eun instead of choosing Yuri. The wound is still raw for her. Somehow I felt pity for Yuri. I could see how she adore Young Bae and try her best to adapt to Young Bae lifestyle but unfortunately, they are not meant to be together. With their busy schedules, Young Bae did not see the point of staying in a relationship with Yuri which according to him again that both of them had become stranger with each time they lived away from each other.

I was been dragged back to the presence time when Yuri purposely slam her palm on the table in front of us.

SMACK!

"Well, it is BLOODY GOOD THAT YOU NOTICED THAT OF HER!! But WHAT THE DID YOU DO TO HER, RETARD!!"

To say that I was shocked by Yuri outburst is understatement. I did not expect to face such outburst from her and let alone in public area, even though our table is much situated in a VIP area but still, with the loudness of Yuri screaming at me, I'm sure all the diners nearby could able to hear her. I felt hot tears b at the lid of my eyes but I could not let her see my weakness. Remember, I need to be strong for my dire mission to search my Hyunnie. I was not prepared for this situation and could not think of a nice comeback. No. Not a comeback that will be fueled to her anger but more to make her stay calm. I don't want to end up with her killing me with the bread knife, though. I could see she is indeed grabbing the knife in her hand.

"Do you not think I will not know how miserable she is with you this passing weeks! She looks miserable when she should be the happiest girl HAPPIEST girl on the surface of the earth, Kwon Jiyong!!" She heave an angry sigh with her nose flaring. I could not help myself but cringe to her words. I felt so low like a dirt when my recall to how I had treated Hyunnie with my indifferent to her happiness. I had totally mistaken about Yuri. Here I thought she had forgotten Joohyun and chided her with her decision to leave SNSD and choose me instead. But the rest of the SNSD girls still and I am pretty sure, will always love Joohyun like forever. They will always be there for her no matter what had happen between in term of career wise. They even seem willing to murder anyone who dare hurt their maknae. Well, that must be me, most definitely.

Bravely I tried to find my voices as to so-call defend my stan.

"I'm scared...Yuri..." I dare to gaze up at her. I quickly look away as the woman still giving me her death glare. Ouch!

But I did not expect to hear the calmness of her voice when she asked me: "What are you afraid of, Jiyong?" Although her voice still sounds dull with pure annoyance.

"That she will leave me...eventually." I confessed. Yuri will be the first female friend of mine to know about my painful past but I am not willing to allow her to fully know about Ji-Soo and me. I could still feel the pain from the wound that she had inflicted to me. I bow my head, praying for strength to carry on with my confession.

"Do you think Joohyun will treat you the same like that Ji-Soo ever did to you? How stupid can you be? Or blind to Joohyun love for you?" I know she tried her best to stay calm and I thanks her silently for not bashing me now. But then again, something caught me off guard. What did she just mentioned? Ji-Soo name? How did she knows about her? I did not even tell Joohyun yet about my darkest hour in my life. However, deep in my heart, I did not intend to breathe a word about my past with Joohyun.

What is past shall remain in the past.

"How did you know about Ji-Soo...?"

She arch her well trimmed eyebrow to succession. "I got informant."

I frowned. "That motherer maknae!!"

"Well, you can't blame him for being concern for you. You were pretty badass during those period, Jiyong. It seems like we have our own bad boy Eminem who could not stop being an to the people surrounding him. I don't know how the rest of the Big Bang boys could tolerate you." She shook her head in disbelieve to that ugly period of my life. I don't want to recall all those time again. I do admit that I really hate myself too at that time, just like the rest of my friends. I did lost a few of my friends along the way and the people who remain friend with me have been my Big Bang brothers and the rest of YG family.

And the person who dragged me out from that darkest period in my life has been Seo Joohyun. My Hyunnie. Not only she has been the only one dragging me out from my misery, well she had been the only person who painstakingly with all her sincerity to pull me out and return my lost sunshine in my life.

"I know I was pretty badass at that time. Damn I could not believe that I could be that to all of you. Mianhe...Yuri-ah!" I bowed my head to show her how sincere I am with my apologies.

"You doubt her didn't you? Her love for you." Yuri open up. Her voice started to crack but just for a mere second before she pull it back. I know she is pretty strong girl and proud to boot.

"I am a bad boyfriend and selfish , Yuri, for treating her the way that I had. Not only I had been selfish, but I am coward too." All the while I did not look up at her as I lament. "Now, in my mind, it keeps on telling me that I would lost her and my time is running up with every minute that she is away from me." Nothing hold such an important place in my heart, than to find my Hyunnie, even if I had to cast my pride aside, and I will not be afraid to cry in front of Yuri. And if she ask me to kiss her feet, well I will do it in exchange of information to find my Hyunnie.

"You are not a bad boyfriend, let alone a bad person. You just need a little more faith in yourself and stop with your paranoid in loosing her. Joohyun could never be in love with anyone else than you. She love you way too much than she allow herself."

I nodded with this new revelation. I could not hope more than what Yuri had told me now.

"But I guess this is not what you want to hear, am I right?"

"Yuri, please help me."

She nodded her head. But I am not sure to which she choose - to help me or turn her back on me, just like the rest of my Big Bang boys. Mainly TOP hyung and Young Bae. I know how disappointed they are of me but somehow I felt double the pain with them refuse to even hear me out. 

"You know, you are her first love. And with the situation that both of you are currently facing, she needs to be around that could give her great comfort and transquility. If you think, that person happens to be TOP hyung or Young Bae, well you are wrong. Both those guys are the brothers that she never have in her life and how much she wish she had. They gives her a sense of protectiveness and they do dote on Joohyun. But no, Joohyun will not go to them."

I nodded. "Well, if she indeed hide in one of their homes, they will never let it out. I agreed with you that they can be a little over protective when it comes on Joohyun."

"Are you jealous?"

I frowned but remain silence.

"You know, if she is with them, it will be easier for you rather than not." I frowned, not liking a bit of what will comes out next from . I thought that I might have an easy ride if Joohyun will not be hiding in any one of the boys places. And is there anything worse than having to face those 2?

"When she is facing problem like this, she will find comfort with food and the only food that she finds comfort with is the food that..."

Together, both Yuri and I said the exact same sentences as to finish her sentence. "....being cook by her appa."

Silence.

"And she is in Busan, wanting her appa to comfort her and telling her that everything's just alright." Only then, I look up at Yuri. She gave me her sincere smile. I know she has just help me out and true to her words, with Joohyun finding comfort with her appa is not a small problem, but promise me a flood of big obstacles awaiting for me to venture. Yes, I rather wish Joohyun is with either TOP hyung or Young Bae than her appa.

Because her appa as for now, pose the biggest threat for me to unite again with my Hyunnie.

How could I be stupid enough to not think the possiblities of Joohyun going back home to Busan, seeking comfort from her Chef appa. The big man had adore his only child so much that he offer to fight for her case against SM Entertainment back then. But Joohyun always wanting to be an independent woman in anything she do, so she reassure her appa that everything's under control and her appa should not worry a wink about her problem with the agency. And of course, during that period all her appa could do was cook Joohyun favourite dishes and have it send to my place while the food is still hot.

"He deliver it all the way from Busan?"

"No oppa. My appa had a small restaurant here in Seoul where he shared it with his friend. He cooked all this delicious dishes in that restaurant and have it deliver to our place."

"Why can't he just stop by our house and cook it from here?" I asked at that time as I recalled. I had become so hungry when the smell of the delicious fried chicken reach my nostril. Without waiting for Joohyun's replies, I just went ahead to taste the food that her appa had cooked for us.

And yes, now I wonder why Joohyun appa never broach the subject, or rather me, to meet up? Maybe he object of our relationship but too scared to make Joohyun sad. Even Joohyun never once suggest or arrange to meet her parent. I recalled how excited I am if I could only bring Joohyun back to my family home where I could introduce her to my parent. I'm sure my umma and appa will be happy with my choice for their daughter-in-law. However, with the problem arise, the idea just slipped away from my mind.

"How is he like? Joohyun's appa..." I asked Yuri with lots of worrieness in my voice agaon.

"Well, he is a lovely man who love and adore his wife and daughter. And he really like seriously love food. So I guess the only way for you to win his heart is through food, Jiyong."

I chuckled. "I don't even know how to fry a decent omelette, Yuri. What chances is there for me."

"Well, the only plus point that you have in your grasp is Joohyun's undying love for you." I watched she stood up and walk by my chair. She patted the back of my shoulder before she continue, "He can't said no to that. And like I said before, Jiyong."

"What is it?" I frowned.

"Have faith with yourself." And then she left, walking straight towards the exit. I did not stop her. Because I have already got the information for me to find my Hyunnie and Yuri had been a great helper. The unlikely person who willingly helping me, without turning her back on me.

My mind now flew through the city of Busan. The place that I intended to be heading now in this instant.