Suspicious

Unexpected You ~ The Sequel

Sorry for been a little late recently to write the next following chap. A bit tightly at work tho. But nevertheless here goes the next saga in this story...


~ Joohyun ~

"There is no need for you to me home, oppa." I said again to the man who walking briskly beside me, not only he had decided to be my chaperone but he too had willingly volunteer to carry my luggage. Luckily it is not that heavy for him to carry, along with his own travel bag which seems rather light from her opinion.

"It's ok, Joohyun. I want to meet your father too. It has been such a long time since the last time I've met him. And I had missed his last visit to Seoul last month. Damn what a waste!!"

I nodded. Immediately my mind travels back to that particular day when he had come to visit, not only me, but also Jiyong. So to see for himself of how my life with Jiyong is like. Well he had makes himself clear to me that he had been worried with my relationship with the Big Bang leader. He is afraid that Jiyong might just wants to fool around with me.

"He is famous, baby. He could have anyone out there and I heard he is a playboy. He change girlfriends like he change his clothes." He express his many worries over a bowl of hot Ramen at the restaurant where I had visited him last month. He had help out in one of his pal restaurant which he happens to co-own the striving Ramen shop in Hongdae. 

"I love him, appa. And I know he felt the same too." I just keeps reminding myself that my appa simply do not know the real Jiyong and when he will gotten the chance to know Jiyong, surely appa will understand how special Jiyong is for me. Appa had look at me a bit sadden to my liking. I could just watch him heaving a long and heavy sigh.

"I hope you are right this time, baby. And I do hope that he is a big eater." He smiled at me with his signature jovial smile, just the way I like it. I know what he will said next and so I had prepared to say it together with him: "A big eater just like father and daughter!!" Both of us breakout in hearty laughter. And so on that particular day, he did inform me that he will be stopping by his partner restauran in Hongdae and he would like both Jiyong and me to come down to the restuarant for a family dinner, minus the presence of my mother who needs to run our family restaurant back in Busan since my appa had to travel to Seoul.

"Come down to uncle Kim restuarant this Saturday, together with Jiyong. I'll cook a hearty meal that fit for a King and Jiyong will surely feels full for a week!!" He barked out in a hearty laughter, laughing at his own jokes.

At that time, things had already turn awry between us and I don't want my appa to notice it. Well, the man could easily spotted trouble in paradise with the way Jiyong had been behaving at that time. Appa will surely make matters worse by confronting Jiyong. I don't want any unnecessary fight to occur between the 2 most important men in my life. To avoid such occurance, I quickly think of some excuses which is believeable where Jiyong could not make it to the dinner invitation. During dinner that night, I could see how disappointed my appa is. I tried my best to cheer him up with sharing a few jokes and praising his many delicious food that he had specially cooked for us.

"You're sure that he is the one for you, baby?" My appa never doubt my decision that I have make in everything I do, but this time, he begins to questioning my own judgement. Well, it is making me to doubt myself too.

I could only nod my head in reply to his question.

And since then, appa never broach any subject concerning my relationship with Jiyong or even expressing his desire to meet Jiyong too. As if Jiyong never exist in my life and my relationship with Jiyong seems like an illusion.

Out of sudden, I felt someone poking my back. It is Seungri who trying to tell me that we had reached my family house.

~~~

"Hahaha...!! Try this one, Seungri. This is a very unique North Korean dish that I have the chance to learn it. Lucky for me, I've met this jovial man who are so kind enough to teach me and let in to their secret of this wonderful recipe." I watch appa stood up and hover over to Seungri who had finish his food on plate, and scoop the new dish that he had quickly prepared for the young man to try. I glance at the mentioned food. It looks almost similar with Tteokbokki but the smell of the hot simmering dish are way very much different.

"Can you imagine a North Korean teaching us, South Korean their delicacy?? Hark!!" He barked out happily to the beaming Seungri who seems sincere with his response to my appa delightful with food. 

"Omo!! Ahjussi...oh wow!! This really taste so wonderful!!" 

"I know right. Hahaha...help yourself for more. Don't be shy, Seungri." Appa pat his back lovingly, as if he is patting a son that he never have. Then he stood up, as if he wanting to leave Seungri and me alone again. I tried to call him out but it is either he could not hear me or purposely ignoring me.

Awkward. 

With me and Seungri had been left alone again. And I never felt like this before. Normally, I always have something to say to him along with his occassionally teasing me now and then. There is a certain awkwardness between us, with Seungri seems to be acting strange lately. With his sudden appearance at the train, and travelling with me, keeping me company throughout the whole journey. The unusual thing that I dictate which seems to be peculiar to me is him being so suddenly acting totally gentlemen. Long gone the silly old maknae who always the source of bulliness amongst his hyungs in Big Bang.

I watch the man busy swallowing his food, not eating but swallow. Did he wants to take the opportunity to talk to me since my appa had left us alone? Seriously I don't want to be alone with him but my curiousity gets better than me. Something nagging me that Seungri had his own agenda and I don't think he is here on behalf of Jiyong which I really be hoping so. Although as I think back again, again I don't think so Jiyong would want him to be acting on behalf of him and furthermore, my boyfriend still clueless of my whereabouts, unless my TOP oppa and Young Bae oppa finds the heart to forgive him and inform him that I am back home in Busan. 

How I wish that is the case. 

As I ponder for more, and maybe gathering courage to start asking Seungri of his true motive of being here, I heard the man had push away his now empty plate. I frowned, as I take a long breathe and shoot away with my curiousity. "Why are you here, oppa?" 

Seungri who is wiping the remnant of food that might stuck at the side of his lip, before glancing at me. He smirked. And I don't like the way his smirked. It tells a different Seungri oppa that sitting in front of me. My frowning deepen.

"Do you think Jiyong might be sending me here to fetch you home, isn't it?"

I shook my head. "Initially yes. But when I think again why should he? Because he will be here himself. Afterall, he is jealous of you."

"Let me guess. He think that I'm out to steal you away from him, right?"

How I wish my mom is not away to my grandparent house and taking Taemin with her. Because I know my mom wouldn't like Seungri to be here, seeing how uncomfortable I am having him around me. My mom could easily dictate her daughter emotion, unlike my appa.

I stiffen to Seungri bulleyes' guess. Well, it is true that's what Jiyong had felt and I always ignore his worries which for me seems ridiculous. But now I've learnt the truth and Jiyong is right to feel threaten with Seungri. Is this his secret agenda of being here? What is his next move? But I know right away that it is to win the heart of my appa since Jiyong had failed to impress my appa. 

Well, let's not be too cocky, Seungri oppa. I know that when Jiyong had put his mind into one task, the result will always be in his favor. I don't think Jiyong, the leader. could be easily defeated by the maknae.

I watch him leaning forward to me. I flinch back, scowling at him. 

"Like I said, I miss my family out here. And it does give me the golden opportunity to be close to you." He did not wait for my comeback which is at the tip of my tongue. And Seungri did not even bother to wait for my appa to come back from whatever he is doing in the kitchen either. How rude.

I did not comply to go after him so that I could let him know a piece of my mind to his meaningless effort of winning my heart because it is only belongs to Jiyong alone. But then again, somewhere deep in my heart I wish he is just joking with his attempt. All the times I thought he is only, nothing serious with his few teasing and his pretending to be jealous of Jiyong and me, who he caught cuddling and snuggling when everyone's not watching us. But somehow it is not. His feeling for me is real although he is doom for failure. I will never be with him, even if I will have to break-up with Jiyong, I will never involve with someone who are closely related with my former boyfriend.

"Here Seungri, you've got to taste this..." I watched the disappointment face of my appa when he realised that Seungri is no longer in the dining room. He tries to search him in any other part of the house, even when I tried to tell him that he had long gone, my appa ignore me.

"He didn't get to taste this delicious dish that I've cook. Why he left so soon, baby?" He asked me as he takes the nearest seat to me. I just shrugged my shoulder, not fully trusting myself if my voice will lace with anger or sadness after what had happen previously. But I need to try hard to stay compose because from the way my appa glassy eyes staring at me, he is waiting for a certain answer from me.

"Well, I'm sure he will come back tomorrow. You don't think he will stay the night here appa. He is not my boyfriend." And never will be. Without waiting for my appa reply, I push away my almost empty plate away before standing up from my seat and making my way out of the dining hall. 

As I walk past my appa chair, faintly I could here him saying, "I wish you have choose him instead of that dragon dude."