Hide-and-Seek

Entangled Web (The Spiderweb Of Love II)

 

“Seungri, this isn’t the time for this,” TOP hyung said. I stopped and turned to them.
 
“I’m a very busy person, hyung. I don’t have time to search for two people who obviously don’t want to be found. Bom noona, you can SEE, right? Why don’t you ju-?”
 
“Her ability has been blocked,” TOPhyung interjected with some tightness in his voice.
 
“Then ask Auntie Mi,” I said.
 
“Aunti Mi has a lot of-“ Bom noona started but got cut off by CL.
 
“Don’t bother explaining to him. We don’t need his help anyways.”
 
“She’s right, you know. Who would need the help of someone like me? It’s as-“
 
“ENOUGH!” Jiyong hyung and Dara noona chorused. Jeez, that’s weird.
 
“Dae and Minzy are missing! This is not the right time for petty fights. We need the both of you. We need as many people as we can pull off to search for those two. Save your bickering after we find them!” Jiyong hyung burst out.
 
“Ooh, very good, Ji!” Dara noona chuckled, hugging her husband.
 
“He’s right,” Hyun Joong said. “We need everyone’s help.”
 
Eh? Why is he being kind to me all of a sudden? As far as I can remember, he’s not aware of the word “HUMBLE”. I raised my brows at him questioningly.
 
A loud shrilling tone suddenly broke into our senses. I saw Dara unnie took her phone. Her eyes went wide.
 
“It’s Daesung,” she said and quickly answered the call.
 
“Where are you? Have you seen Minzy? We- she’s with you? Wha-? You ran- WHAT?!? YA! Bring her back-! You’ll call- no! I- hello? Ya!”
 
All of us looked at her in anticipation. She swallowed hard then started laughing awkwardly.
 
“What did he say?” TOP hyung asked.
 
“He he,” Dara noona answered.
 
“Dara,” Hyun Seung urged.
 
“Ah, I think we should all go home now. I mean, we-“
 
“SANDARA PARK!” we all shouted making her winced a little.
 
“Ahm, they uh, hehe. Eloped.”
 
“WHHHAAAATTTT?!?!”
 
 
 
DARA’s POV
 
“Dara, please stop smiling,” Ji groaned. We were already heading home. Dae said he’ll be calling their parents to assure them of their safety.
 
“I can’t believe it. Dae and Minzy? Who would have thought?” I said.
 
“Minzy’s still young,” Ji pointed out.
 
“She already turned 18,” I insisted. “Besides, you seemed not to care how young we were when you first kissed me. Reminds me of something, though,” I added, grinning at him. He frowned in return.
 
“What?” he asked.
 
“Remember our wedding reception?”
 
His face brightened, then he chuckled. “How could I forget? You lured me to sneak out in the middle of the party. But I’m the one who got blamed for it. Ah, I can still remember Chaerin’s shouting voice on the phone, calling me a ert for being so impatient for the honeymoon. If she only knew that it was you!”
 
I laughed. Well, it was true. I convinced Ji to leave the reception and just head for the honeymoon already. Haha! Good thing CL-roo called Ji and not me. ‘Coz if it was me, we could have ended up in a fight. She would scream at me for leaving the reception and I would shriek at her for disturbing my honeymoon.
 
“I’m worried about Minzy, though,” Ji suddenly said. “Her family is well-known for being perfectionist and always abiding with the laws they created themselves.”
 
“Minzy might be young but she’s an independent girl. And besides, we’ll always be there for her.”
 
Silence.
 
“So, uh, I’ve been thinking,” I broke the silence.
 
“About what?” he asked. “About me, I hope.”
 
“Well, partly,” I slowly said, then choose to stay quiet for a while.
 
“Ugh, what is it?” he asked again.
 
“I’ve been thinking. Now that we’re, you know, almost over with our studies, maybe we could, uh, start making some kuchi-kuchi,” I mumbled, feeling myself go red.
 
“Make some what?” he blurted out, totally confused.
 
I pouted and started rumbling. “For someone intelligent, you can really be stupid sometimes.”
 
He stopped the car as we reached our home. I stepped out, still rambling.
 
“Ya, little rabbit!” he called. I ignored him. I dropped myself on the sofa, crossing my arms across my chest, pouting. He sat beside me.
 
“Hmph!” I looked away from him, sticking my nose up.
 
“Come on, give me some clue. I don’t really have any idea what the ‘kuchi-kuchi’ means!”
 
I angrily stood up and faced him, hands on my waist. “I’m talking about babies, Ji! BABIES!”
 
Silence.
 
“Oh!” he mumbled blankly.
 
 
 
CL’s POV
 
Beep.
 
I took my phone and opened a message from an unknown number. It says: open your window
 
I frowned as I looked outside at my window. I went to it and pushed it open. I looked outside, but saw nothing. I shook my head, scolding myself for thinking that I’ll see him. I sighed. I was about to close my window when something caught my eye. I gasped. I slowly took the three roses. I ran out of my room and went down. I quickly went for the main door and ran outside. I circled the whole area, searching.
 
But I found no one.
 
“Stop being a coward! Show yourself!” I frustratedly shouted. But no answer came.
 
After a while, I went back to my room. Here I am again, still hoping. Hoping the flowers came from him. I should stop being like this. He already changed. He’s not the person I used to know. He may be arrogant and stupid before but right now, he’s a complete jerk.
 
~o~
 
It turned out Seungri’s the best man. What a COINCIDENCE, right? No wonder they won’t let me see the invitations. Ugh! As much as I want to back out as the bridesmaid, I can’t. The wedding’s just a few days from now. I can’t just leave my responsibilities like that.
 
Truth be told, I’m hurting. Oh yes, I am. No matter how hard I try to tell myself to just forget him and just agree with Mom’s plan in taking the Kims’ and Lees’ partnership to the next level by engaging me with Hyun Joong sunbae, I can’t. Dad said I shouldn’t be forced; I should make my own decision. But I can’t help myself to feel a twinge of pain everytime I see Seungri. He would just walked pass by me like I don’t exist. It’s not much help that he’s staying over our hotel, too.
 
I held my breath as I stood in front of his door. I raised one arm and was about to ring for him but I chickened out. I dropped my arm to my side weakly and quickly walked away. What the hell am I thinking? Aish! I shouldn’t be doing this! I started hearing footsteps. I looked up and saw HIM coming from the opposite direction with his head bowed as he was busy fiddling with his phone.
 
Omo! He’s going to see me! Of course he’ll think that I’ve been standing in front of his door. What should I do? I can’t definitely hide, there’s no place to hide. Then, my eyes darted to the keys dangling in my belt. I looked up again and saw that he still had his head bowed so I quickly took a key and inserted it in the hole. I pushed the door open and closed it. I quickly hid myself in a closet. I heard the door opened and closed again. I held my breath.
 
After a very, very long time, I started dozing off.
 
 
Later. . .
 
Someone was poking my forehead. I groaned, irritated. Can’t that person see I’m trying to sleep here? Aish! But the poking didn’t stop. I opened my eyes, having no choice. My eyes went wide as I felt my heart dropped to the floor.
 
“What are you doing inside MY hotel room and in MY closet?” Seungri asked.