The Coward

Entangled Web (The Spiderweb Of Love II)

 

Seungri came with two gorgeous, y women flanked by his side, arms resting on both their shoulders.
 
“Ladies, these are my friends,” I heard him say.
 
“Hi!” the women chorused.
 
“Hello,” the others answered politely.
 
“Oh, before we go, I have to ask you two something,” Seungri turned to the two ladies. “Are you, by any chance rich?”
 
The two women looked at each other, surprised with the question.
 
“Does that matter?” the girl in red asked.
 
“Well, kind of. I hate rich people, you see. They're nothing but selfish brats.”
 
The two chuckled in relief. “No, I'm not rich.”
 
“Neither am I.”
 
“Good,” Seungri grinned. He then turned to the others. “Sorry to cut our reunion short guys. But I'm, uh, gonna head somewhere more private,” Seungri winked. “I'll be seeing you in the wedding anyways.”
 
The others were too surprised to speak. I saw Dara unnie was about to open but Jingyo oppa stopped her. I curled my fists as the loser started walking away. I grabbed the tray and sent it flying to his head. Then, I ran out.
 
I didn't notice I was crying as I was running my way out of the club. I felt a hand on my arm and pulled me over a dark alley.
 
“What was that for?”
 
“That's for your stupid brain!” I heated up.
 
“Do you know what you did? You just embarrassed me!” he gritted.
 
“Huh! Embarrassed? Wow! That's new!” I sarcastically remarked. “You seemed unaware of the word EMBARRASS before. What now? Is it because you're popular now?”
 
“What's going on with you?” he asked. How dare he ask what's going on?! My throat constricted, thinking that he really forgot everything already.
 
“Two days,” I said, staring straight at him. I saw him frown, a confused look in his eyes. “It took you two days to win my heart. But it only took you two seconds to rip it apart.”
 
He was silent. “Y-you. . .?” he stammered.
 
“Oh, yes. Congratulations! You won. You must be SO PROUD of yourself right now!” I said in an almost sobbing voice. I took a step away from him, planning to leave. But he stopped me again.
 
“CL,” he quietly said. “We can't be together. Just think of what I did as a favor.”
 
“A favor?” I snapped.
 
“You were better of with Hyun Joong”, he said. My hand went straight into his face.
 
“Who do you think you are to decide who's better for me?”
 
“You don't get it, do you?” he fired up, too. “He's handsome, and charming. He's rich and intelligent. Your mother likes him for you. He can maintain your comfortable life. What more can you ask for? He got everything already!”
 
“I don't need anything of that!” I shouted. “I just want one thing from you. I want this!” I said, burying my finger in his chest, where his heart is.
 
He sighed. “It still won't work, Chaerin. I'll stick with what I said. You and Hyun Joong are better off together.”
 
“Then you shouldn't have made that bet in the first place! You perfectly knew you were going to win. You shouldn't have made me fall for you if you were planning to give me away all along! You're not just a loser, but a coward, too!”
 
~o~
 
“Hey, are you alright?”
 
“Ha?” I blinked.
 
“You're spacing out. Are you okay?” Hyun Joong sunbae asked.
 
“Oh, sorry about that. I just got a lot of things in mind. Work, studies and the wedding.”
 
“You're organizing it, right?”
 
“Neh,” I answered.
 
“Maybe you should drop some luggage off,” he shrugged.
 
“I can't do that,” I said. “My parents would definitely go berserk if I drop my studies and work.”
 
“Then drop the wedding off,” he suggested. I didn't answer. How am I going to say that the wedding is actually the most important thing for me?
 
He wouldn't understand. Sunbaenim is just too focused on work, so goal-oriented and driven to reach his ambitions. I am, too. But this is not my world.
 
Aside from Dara unnie, Jingyo oppa, and my parents, Seungri was only the other person among my friends who knew about my dream of being an event organizer. I flinched a little at the word friend. I can't really call him friend anymore, can I? During the time when I told him about it and he didn't laugh at me, I felt a strong desire to fight for what I want. But when he walked out on me from that dinner party and never showed up again, it's like the fire in me was extinguished.
 
I bitterly smiled, only secretly. Who would have thought that I'd involve myself in another complicated situation? Everything was supposed to be simple if only he's not a player. It was all a game for him, I realized that now. Too bad for me, I fell into his game, even losing my heart along the way before I realize everything. I sighed. Everyone seems to get their happy endings. When will I get mine?
 
My phone rang.
 
“Hello?”
 
“CL-roo!” I heard Dara unnie's voice. “Have you, uh, heard from Minzy?”
 
“No. Why?” I asked.
 
“Her parents are here, looking for her. They said they haven't seen her for two days already.”
 
I frowned. This is so not Minzy. “Have you asked Dae? Among us, she's closest to him.”
 
“Oh, no. Not yet. Aigoo! I forgot, ke. Okay, I'll call him. Err, Minkki's umma is becoming hysterical already, got to go. Bye!”
 
“Something wrong?” sunbae asked.
 
“I'm not really sure,” I answered, biting my lower lip. Come to think of it, I haven't seen her lately.
 
My phone rang a while later. “Dae's missing, too,” unnie said.
 
 
 
SEUNGRI's POV
 
I shouldn't be involving myself in this, but Dara noona beat the hell out of me. So here I am with the gang, Dara and Bom noona, waiting for CL and Hyun Joong.
 
“Aigoo! Is that Seungri oppa?” I heard a girl asked. I looked up and gave the two girls a lazy smile. As I did, they screamed and ran towards me.
 
“Oppa! Can we have a photo with you?”
 
“Sure,” I answered. They took turns in taking the photo. After that, they asked for an autograph. Jeez, I'm really popular already.
 
“I hope we can put your popularity to good use,” TOP hyung said.
 
I smirked. “Jealous, hyung?”
 
Out of nowhere, a car stopped in front of us. Hyun Joong came out first and went to open the other door. I saw CL stepped out. I snorted as I saw her.
 
“Finally!” I loudly said. “I thought I'd grow old waiting.”
 
CL glared at me, then turned to Dara noona. “I'm sorry we're late, unnie. You see, Hyun Joong OPPA called some people to help us look for Dae and Minzy.”
 
“Thanks for your help, man,” I heard Jiyong hyung said.
 
“It's nothing. I'm just using all the sources I have,” the guy answered.
 
“Seems like we're already useless here, Dara noona. Why don't we just let Hyun Joong and HIS SOURCES go look for Minzy and Dae?” I loudly inserted.
 
“Seungri,” Taeyang hyung warningly said.
 
“What?” I innocently asked.
 
“Why don't you go home already? You obviously don't care about Minzy and Dae. Why would you, right? They're not your friends in the first place and they obviously don't have a place in your already crowded popular life,” CL heated up, eyes on fire.
 
“Ok, if you say so,” I shrugged and turned to leave.