Buried Past

Entangled Web (The Spiderweb Of Love II)

 

Stupid! my mind screamed at me. How can I be so stupid? Out of all the rooms to hide in, I ended up in his room, in his closet.
 
“I. . .” I stuttered, slowly standing up. “I was just. . . just having. . . some inspection. Yes! That's right!”
 
“Inspection?” he asked, raising his brows. “In my closet?”
 
I chuckled awkwardly. “I. . .”
 
“We both know why you're here,” sighs, “CL, stop this. Just leave, I have a guest-”
 
The doorbell rang. He quickly went to get the door. As he did, I immediately stepped out of the closet and followed him to the door.
 
“Hey there handsome!” a girl's voice greeted him. I looked up and saw the guest was a girl. She had her hands linked on Seungri's hair as they were quickly got caught in a fierce lip lock. I gasped. The girl suddenly pulled back and looked at me.
 
“Oh, you didn't tell me the chambermaid's still here,” the girl said.
 
What did she just say? DO I LOOK LIKE A CHAMBERMAID?!?
 
Gaah! I wanted to scream at the girl that I'm not a freaking chambermaid but I didn't. I was kinda waiting for Seungri to do that for me.
 
“Don't mind her. She's on her way out already,” I heard Seungri said as he buried his face in the girl's neck, earning a soft moan from her. I felt the air knocked out from my chest. The girl giggled from delight as he started nibbling on her earlobe. I started feeling a big lump on my throat as he pushed her towards the bed. I bit my lower lip, trying to stop the sob that threatens to come out from my throat. But when he started undressing the girl that did it for me, I wasn't able to stop the sob. As I did, I quickly ran out of the room.
 
 
 
SEUNGRI's POV
 
I froze as I heard her sobbed and ran away. I pushed myself away from the girl.
 
“The show is over, I'm not in the mood anymore.”
 
“But we haven't started yet,” the girl protested.
 
“Leave,” I gritted.
 
“But-”
 
I grabbed her arm and dragged her towards the door. I pushed her outside, closing the door. I leaned my forehead on the closed door and pound on it. Darn it! It has always been like this with all the girls I've dated. I never really went all the way with them because that ugly girl's face would always pop into my mind. Majority of the boys I know envy me because I can easily get any girl I want eversince I made a name in the modeling industry. If they found out that I haven't really bedded any of those girls, they'll surely laugh at me.
 
I snorted. CL was right. I'm not just a loser, but a coward, too. I got so intimidated with Hyun Joong when he started talking about what he can give to CL at that party before that I ran away. I wanted to prove something, but I ended up in a different career. I know it still won't be enough for her mother. I'm just a model, I may be popular but I'm not as rich as the Kims. But of course, that's just one of the reasons why I can't be with her.
 
~o~
 
 
 
JIYONG's POV
 
Bom noona and TOP hyung's wedding went smoothly and more PEACEFUL than my wedding, except for the part where Bom noona got so emotional that she was choking her wedding vows out. Aside from that, the wedding was perfect.
 
Just like my wedding, everyone we know seemed present, except for Dae and Minzy, who are still in hiding. Hyun Joong was an addition, though. I hugged Dara from behind as we were now in the reception, watching the newly-weds dancing.
 
“Reminds me of our wedding,” I whispered in her ear. I tightened my hug and kissed the side of her neck. “Can't wait to get you home later and resume making some kuchi-kuchis,” I whispered, chuckling a little. Dara gave a delighted chuckle. She turned her head a little to the side to face me.
 
“We'll sneak out later,” she said.
 
After fifteen minutes, Dara decided that it's about time to sneak out. We were at the door already when Chaerin suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
 
“And where do you think are you going? You're not sneaking out again, are you? You already did that in your wedding! Have some respect to Bom unnie and TOP oppa!” she ranted.
 
“But CL-roo, we-”
 
“No buts! Get back inside!”
 
We turned to get back inside.
 
“She's so cranky lately,” I whispered.
 
“Tsk, we should have sneaked earlier when she wasn't looking,” she whispered back.
 
“Ya! What are you two whispering about?” Chaerin's voice appeared out of nowhere, making the both of us jump.
 
 
 
TOP's POV
 
I was caught between happiness and guilt.
 
Happiness. No words can amount to how happy I am to finally call her mine. Now that I thought of it, I'm actually grateful that she “intervened”. When I saw Dara walking to me with a smile in her face, I felt victorious, triumphant. But when I watched Bom coming to me a while ago, I felt numb because of the waves of emotions crashing over me. I felt happiness, contentment, peace, love, glorious and many more until it numbed me. My brain, my body and heart weren't able to take the overwhelming emotions that burst inside me that I went numb, in a good way. I gazed into her eyes, feeling the warmth and comfort that she always bring to me boiled up inside my heart. I can stay like this forever. I would never get tired of looking into her eyes. It's actually funny how it took me just a short time to fall in love with her. But maybe that's love. You can never measure it. Not in amount, in distance, in time, not in any ways.
 
“I know that look”, she said. “You don't have to feel guilty. At first, I got scared about losing my ability. But just by thinking that I got you in return is so much more than I could ask for.”
 
I tightened my hold on her waist, silently telling her that I'm never letting go.
 
“And besides, it would be nice to guess what gender our first baby would be,” she winked.
 
“I think it's a boy,” I said.
 
“I have a strong feeling it's a girl,” she beamed. “Hmm. Speaking of, I'm thinking. Remember Dara and Jiyong's wedding reception?” she asked.
 
“Neh. Why?” I slowly said.
 
“Remember when they suddenly disappeared?” she grinned.
 
“Oh, that!” he grinned back.
 
“I'm actually thinking of doing the same-”
 
“No one's sneaking out tonight!” a menacing voice said. We both jumped in surprise and looked at CL's dark face. “If you two dare to sneak out on me, you're gonna regret it!”
 
“She can really be scary when she wants to,” I said as I watched her walk away.
 
Bom sighed. “I guess this is one of the disadvantages of losing my sight. Oh well, I think I know what's going on here already. Remember what I told you about Dara and Jiyong? You and me? CL and-”
 
“-and Seungri,” I finished. “Are you sure you lost your ability to see? You're still giving me the creeps.”
 
She laughed. I chuckled at the sound of it. I leaned my forehead against hers.
 
“I'm yours,” she whispered. Yes, she is. After how many years of searching, I finally found her, no, I'm wrong. SHE found me.
 
 
 
CL's POV
 
“Hey!”
 
I looked up and smiled as I saw Dara unnie.
 
“Can we talk?” she asked.
 
“Sure. What about?”
 
“Hmm. A lot of people are noticing that you've been very cranky lately.”
 
I scowled. “They should mind their own business.”
 
I heard unnie sighed. “CL-roo, you can tell me, you know.”
 
“I don't have anything to-”
 
“Okay, I had enough of this. Tell me what's happening between you and Seungri.”
 
I looked at her again, then chuckled. “What are you talking about? There's-”
 
“CL-roo, stop pretending.”
 
Aish! Why is she like that? But then, I started telling her everything. After telling her, I felt the burden in my heart lightened. I saw unnie smile
 
“You're right about Seungri being a jerk but he's not totally heartless.”
 
I snorted. “That's very EASY to believe,” I sarcastically answered.
 
“Seungri might be angry with me for this but I have to tell you something,” she paused, then continued. “Have you ever wondered why he's not so into rich people?”
 
“Because he thinks we're brats?” I answered, chortling.
 
“That's what he always says. But the truth is, it's deeper than that.”
 
I frowned. “What do you mean?”
 
“Seungri's mother was rich like you while his father was a simple employee of Auntie's family's business. Cliché as it sounds but they fell in love. Of course, Auntie's family was against it. But she defied them and went marrying Uncle. They lived a simple life until Uncle was fired and got so sick. Auntie didn't take the hardship of working for their family so she gave up and went back to her parents, to the comfortable life she grew up with. A year or two after that, she remarried to someone as rich as her family. 'Til then, she never showed up to the Lees again.”
 
Silence.
 
I was speechless. Who would have thought that the loser had gone through something like that?
 
“What is it with you and your gang? Your lives are all tangled up,” I scowled, making unnie laugh.
 
“I guess, birds of the same feather flock together. Wanna know Taeyang and Hun Seung's life story, too?”
 
“No thanks,” I answered. “I've heard enough family drama from you, Jingyo oppa, TOP oppa and that. . .” I trailed.
 
“So, you see, he's not really that heartless,” she said.
 
Out of nowhere, something hit me. “He thinks I'm going to do what his mother did!” I said. It's not a question, but a fact. I quickly opened my phone and scrolled for the name I needed. I pressed the call button. After a few rings, someone answered.
 
“I've got another job for you.”