Chap 9

Code Name T.R.U.T.H.

Sung Jae’s P.O.V

‘What happens to her right there? Will ___ ___ be alright? Is she having a nightmare again?’ Those thoughts were spinning in my head as I ate my breakfast. ‘Why I left her behind like that? If I don’t do it, she will be here. She will be eating with me right now, she will shop the groceries with me, she will...’ I thought as I stood up although I haven’t finished eating.

“Hey Jae, what’s wrong?” Eun Kwang as the leader of the group asked me as the others looked at me suspiciously.

“Nothing. Just lost my appetite,” I said as I walked to ___ ___’s bedroom instead of my own and sat on her bed. Seeing the blue wall that all of us painted together, her comfy white bed where she sleeps every night, made me miss her every presence. ‘What’s wrong with me? The others feel okay when she’s not here, but why I’m the only one who don’t?’

Then I felt a light touch on my shoulder as I looked up, seeing Eun Kwang and Peniel behind me. “Now,now, put yourself on your feet, young man,” Eun Kwang said as I stood up and we walked to my bedroom that I shared with Eun Kwang. He told me to sit on my bed as he sat on his own, facing me. Peniel sat on my left as he looked at me in worry.

“Sung Jae, it’s not your fault that ___ ___ isn’t here in these two weeks,” Eun Kwang said as I breathed uncontrolled.

“But... if...if I didn’t leave her there...”

“I’ve already told you. It’s not your fault, it is just a coincidence. No one can guess what will happen next in our life. Maybe we can still breathing on the next day, maybe we don’t,” Eun Kwang explained as I stabilized my breathing.

“We miss her too, you know. We can actually take her back here now but when we do, that ‘Dark Angel’ will track her and she’s not fully recovered right now. Please, at least think about her safety,” Peniel added as I cleared my mind that filled with anxiety and changed it into more rational thoughts.

“Okay, we’ll wait but I want you guys to track the ‘Dark Angel’ and do it fast,” I said as Eun Kwang nodded. “Now, go back and finish what you’ve started,” he said as I nodded and wanted to walk to the dining room. “Wait, hyung?”

“Yes, Sung Jae?” Eun Kwang and Peniel said at the same moment as their looking at me. I rotated my head so I could see them and said, “Please track where ___ ___ is right now. I just want to make sure that she’s not living with ‘Dark Angel’.”


At CUBE office...

Peniel’s P.O.V

“Yo Min Hyuk, have you found your card yet?” Hyun Sik asked as he leaned himself onto the wall, seeing Min Hyuk searching for his card in his bag. We were in front of the database room, where we were about to search about Dark Angel, and maybe, his or her sidekicks. Apparently, we couldn’t start because Min Hyuk oppa right here forgot where he put his card

“It must be here somewhere...” he mumbled as he kept searching for his card.

“Don’t say that you put it on the night table,” Chang Sub blurted as Min Hyuk shocked and face palmed himself. “Maybe. Guys sorry, guess we can’t enter the database...” Min Hyuk stopped talking as those three dorks saw the door opened.

“Wait, how...” Hyun Sik said as he saw a card in my hand. “Whose card is that? Only IT members are allowed to enter the room”

“Il Hoon’s. I took it from his wallet before we go. Come on,” I said as I entered the database room and the remaining three still jaws dropped. ‘Those three hyungs...’ I thought as we took a seat and sitting in front of the computer there.

“Password please, Mr. IT,” Chang Sub and Hyun Sik said in unison as Min Hyuk typed the password into his own computer. Guess it’s actually his because the menu immediately opened after he’s done typing the password.

“Now, where should we start?” Min Hyuk asked me because I’m the only one who is given the list of what we have to search.

“Hmm... let’s start with Dark Angel in the agent database,” I said as Min Hyuk typed the name of whoever wants to take ___ ___’s life. Then after Min Hyuk pressed the ‘enter’ button, this showed up.

Error 404: not found

“Great, now what?” Chang Sub said as he leaned on Hyun Sik’s shoulder. Hyun Sik who noticed that immediately banned Chang Sub from using his shoulder.

“Let’s try the same keyword in the whole database,” Min Hyuk said as he typed ‘Dark Angel’ again and put it on search. Then we saw some results, although they were not many.

“Let’s open this one,” Hyun Sik suggested as he pointed at one of the results. Min Hyuk opened it and it said that ‘Dark Angel’ is working at NH Company right now and only that. The real information about our secret target is still uncovered.

“The rest of the results go the same,” Min Hyuk said after he scrolled all the results, earning the same information.

“Let’s put a search to this ‘NH Company’. Probably we have a clue,” I gave an idea as the rest of them nodded. ‘Guess it needs more that one day to have all the information about this person,’ I thought as we continued the search.


Meanwhile, at U-KISS’ dorm...

Kevin’s P.O.V

I walked out from ___ ___’s room fully dressed because Soo Hyun took my clothes first before he gave me a long father-son lecture. Well, to be honest, it’s not my entire fault that I have to take a bath in her bathroom. When I came out, I saw those two accompanied bathroom were empty. ‘Those two guys... they really want to tease me, are they?’ I thought as I saw two individuals in the living room. I noticed that one of them was ___ ___ because I saw her beautiful medium-length black hair, but who was talking to her?

“Hey Kev,” that person called me as I passed the living room. It turned out to be AJ, the smartest of the group.

“H-hey,” I answered awkwardly because of the sudden call. I was thinking about why ___ ___ and the mystery person who turned out to be AJ talked happily as if nothing bothering their lives. ‘I never seen her cheerful before... wait, what was I thinking? She’s only staying here because of her wounds,’ I thought furiously as I sat on the chair which is still warm. Guess Soo Hyun sat there before he gave me a good scold.

“What’s happen with you? You never sound like that before” ___ ___ asked me as she leaned toward me, making me leaned on my back. “No-nothing,” I said as I stumbled with my own words. ‘Now my mouth is against me for making a cool entrance.’

“___ ___, are you finished?” AJ asked her as he pointed at her dish and she nodded. Then he walked to the kitchen bringing two plates with him, not to mention that he gave me a wink beforehand.

“So... what should we talk about today?” I said as I mentally face palmed myself. ‘Not a cool entrance, Kevin Woo.’

“Hmm... how about what happened few days ago?” ___ ___ said as she looked down. I saw pink tints started to reappear on her cheeks and so did mine.

“___ ___, I’m so sorry about all the teasing part. You see, there are only guys here and if I tease one of them, they will tease me back double time. So that’s why...”

“You tease me because you actually miss teasing people,” she completed my sentence as I nodded. “I’m sorry,” I said as I looked at her face, searching for her gazing eyes.

“Well, to be honest, you were wrong in one thing,” ___ ___ said as she looked at me. “What’s that?” I asked as I got confused.

“Well, you have to go to your room to find out,” she said as a sly smirk formed on her face. ‘This can’t be good,” I thought as I immediately ran to my room, opened the door and found it... nicely tidied, just like the way I left it this morning. “Okay, This. Is. Strange,” I said to myself as I walked back to the living room, wanted to scold ___ ___ for good.

“Hey ___ ___, there’s nothing happened in my...” I was about to said the word ‘room’ when I heard a fart sound and I felt like I was sitting on something. I immediately got up and realized that I’ve sit on a... you know, this cushion that used to make people who sit on it think that they farting. How could I forget the English name at this moment?

“Kev, did you do it?” AJ shouted from the kitchen as I blushed because of embarrassment. “No, it’s not me. It’s...” I said as I saw ___ ___ trying to hold her chuckle because of this incident. ‘Now I know who the culprit is.’

“Come here you,” I said as ___ ___ squealed and tried to move to another chair as I hugged her waist in order to not letting her go at the moment. When she knew there’s no means of escape, I immediately tickled her, making her head laid on the other chair beside her and making her laughed nonstop. I guess I forgot to tell you that she’s actually sitting on the couch.

“Kevin... haha.. Stop,”___ ___ whined as I stopped tickling her and she lied on her side, controlling her unsteady breath. As she did that, I crawled onto her body and whispered at her exposed ear. “I’m waiting for your next move, dear.”

“We’ll see about that,” she said as she looked at me with those challenging eyes of hers. “But now...” she continued as she pointed at my right.

“What’s wrong, my love?” I asked as I touched her face with my right hand, admiring her beautiful features. “Is there a problem?” I asked again as I looked at my right, only to be seen in an awkward position by AJ and Soo Hyun.

“I guess there is a problem, Kevin,” AJ answered as he pointed at Soo Hyun who is already boiling. “KEVIN WOO, COME WITH ME IN THIS INSTANCE,” Soo Hyun shouted as he literally dragged me into his room. ‘Not another scold...’ I thought as I sigh.

Hi, long time (a very long one indeed) no see guys ^^. Sorry I've just updated now because I don't have time to post it although I've typed this chap like... few weeks ago? Yeah, I guess around that moment.

For KISSmes (which most of you are), have you heard 'Playground'? If you haven't, you have to hear it >w<~~

Now for the recap: BtoB is starting to take a search of 'Dark Angel' right now. Will they found 'Dark Angel'? And what will happen to ___ ___ if they don't? And talking about ___ ___, will her wound heal in time before 'Dark Angel' strikes?

For comment answer part and also the subbies intro part, I guess I have to skip it for a while because the multimedia is closing. Bye~~