Chapter 9

Eternally Loved...

MINYOUNG’S POV

I was still shaken from the event before. ‘Take deep breaths...’ I told myself in my mind. I didn’t want to look like some weak girl in front of Sehun whom I just recently met. Although tears were gathered in my eyes, I blinked them away.

I turned to look at Sehun who had his eyes focused on the road. My eyes naturally started to scan his features. He had blonde hair, a sharp nose and he had a really nice sharp jaw line.

My eyes travelled down to his slightly plump lips- “It’s rude to check someone out like that you know.”

I immediately turned away but I was sure that a slight tint of rosy pink shaded my cheeks.

“Thank you.” I said, breaking the awkward silence. “You’re welcome.” He replied.

Before I turned away, I caught a really small smile playing on his lips. I smiled to myself before looking out the window but once in a while, glancing a little at Sehun.

He isn’t as cold as I thought he’d be…

SEHUN’S POV

“We’re here.” I said as I parked my car. I was unbuckling my seatbelt when I heard soft snoring. I turned to the girl next to me and chuckled. She had fallen asleep.

I sighed before I leaned back into my seat. Minyoung was indeed beautiful. She had long eyelashes, her nose was not as sharp as the girls whom paid money to get theirs done. It was natural which made her seem even prettier.

Her lips… They were red and slightly plump. Kissable.

I cleared my throat when I noticed that she was waking up. She let out a small yawn. Her eyes were still drooping with sleepiness.

“We’re here?” she asked softly. I hummed as a response before I got out of the car. I walked over to her side and opened the car door for her. I got down in front of her and I nearly laughed when she squeaked a soft “What?”

MINYOUNG’S POV

I was about to get down the car when Sehun opened the door for me. He suddenly crouched down which shocked me. “What?” I squeaked softly.

“Get on. I’ll carry you up.” He said as he turned around to glance at me. I stared at him, confused. Why would he need to carry me? I could walk perfectl- “Ouch.” Stupid ankle.

I heard a light chuckle coming from Sehun. “Yes, ouch. Now let’s go.” I slowly climbed onto his back. He slipped his arms under my thighs to carry me. Sehun slowly got up and closed the car door, before locking it.

He then started walking towards the lift and pressed the ‘UP’ button. The lift arrived with a small ‘ding’ before the doors opened. We stepped inside and pressed the level of his apartment.

I noticed that he had selected the highest level. Yeah, the highest.

Wait… Highest floor… A FREAKING PENTHOUSE?!

Oh well, as expected. Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting the Boss of the rich, fancy café I worked in.

He typed in his password when we reached his front door to unlock it. When we entered his penthouse, my jaw literally dropped. Not only was it a penthouse but it had a double storey.

I took off my shoes before allowing Sehun to lead me to one of the couches in the living room. “Wait here.” I heard him mutter and I nodded my head.

After a few minutes, he returned with a pair of boxers and a shirt. “It might be slightly big.” He said as he handed me a freshly washed towel along with the clothes.

I smiled and shook my head. “It’s okay. Thank you.” I replied and allowed Sehun to lead me to the bathroom. It seemed like he had already run a bubble bath for me.

I smiled gratefully at him before he returned the smile and headed outside. I locked the bathroom before I started stripping my clothes off.

AUTHOR’S POV

When Minyoung took off her shirt, her smile which was once playing on her lips disappeared. She noticed that small purplish bruise on her neck and she felt disgusted. She sighed shakily as she stepped into the bathtub and settled herself.

She started scrubbing that particular part on her neck. She didn’t even realize how hard she had been scrubbing until she felt the pain. A few tears trickled down her cheeks as she took in deep breaths to calm herself.

Although Sehun had managed to stop the guy in time, she still felt that she was violated in many ways.

This was Minyoung. The cheerful and bubbly girl? She let that image slip away for a while. After all, she’s only human. We cry and we break down. In the end, we had to let that fake appearance disappear for awhile.

We all never realize those who are in much deeper pain than us. Why? Because we’re human.

And humans are always selfish.

Minyoung grabbed the first aid box that was on the bathroom counter before tending to ankle. She applied some ointment and wrapped her ankle in a light blue bandage which was in the first aid box. She closed the box before placing it back on the counter.

Minyoung slowly unlocked the door before limping towards the living room where she found Sehun sleeping on the couch.

She smiled before getting a blanket which was on the corner of the sofa and draped it the sleeping figure. Somehow, Minyoung felt safe around Sehun. She was genuinely happy when she was around him.

And that was how Sehun gained Minyoung’s trust and maybe... Just maybe... He had earned that special place in her heart too.

SEHUN’S POV

I woke up to really pleasant aroma. I stretched before pushing the blanket off me and headed to the kitchen, felling really hungry. That’s where I found her. She was in my black apron, cooking.

“What are you cooking?” I asked her causing her to jump in surprise.

“Oh you’re up? I was just cooking some Kimchi Spaghetti for our dinner. I hope you’re okay with it?” She replied. I smiled before saying “Yes. That would be great.”

After a few minutes, I helped her bring the two plated of spaghetti to the table as she was still limping. We then sat down and started to dig in. The spaghetti was actually really really good.

“You have amazing cooking skills.” I said as I continued eating the delicious spaghetti in front of me.

She chuckled before saying thank you.

“Hey Sehun.” She called.

“Yeah?” I replied her. “Erm..” She hesitated for a while before saying, “Do you mind if I stayed over at your house tonight? I mean it’s okay if you don’t all-“

“Okay.” I said which she then looked at me with a grateful smile on her face.

“You can stay in the room beside mine. It’s the only guest room here.” I said as I took the dirty dishes and started washing them.

“Thanks a lot Sehun-sshi.” She said.

I chuckled softly before telling her to drop the formalities. After all, we’re the same age.

MINYOUNG’S POV

The room Sehun led me to was indeed beautiful. The walls of the room were painted white while the bed sheets were a light shade of baby blue.

“If you need anything, you can find me next door.” Sehun said and I nodded.

“Goodnight.” He said before closing the door.

I switched off the main lights and switched on the night lamp before snuggling into the soft covers of the bed. I pulled out my hand phone to see that I had 10 missed calls from Kai. What the- Is this guy crazy?

I then called him back.

“OH GOSH BABY GIRL ARE YOU OKAY? WHY HAVEN’T YOU BEEN ANSWERING MY CALLS? DO YOU NEED OPPA TO GO TO YOUR HOUSE NOW?”

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Typical Jongin.

“NOW YOU’RE SIGHING! OHMYGOD BABY GIRL ARE YOU SURE YOU’RE OKAY?”

“Oppa. I’m okay. Hello? Oppa? Jongin? JONGINNNNNN?”

“Yeah. Yeah I’m here and I’m actually outside your house now.” My eyes widened. .

I heard him entering my apartment unit before opening my bedroom door “AH-HAH!” He shouted but was soon replaced with an “EHHHHHH?”

I was trying to explain to him that I wasn’t at home but he just wouldn’t listen to me. I kept quiet and listened to him shouting “Come out come out wherever you are~”

Yes. That ding dong thought I was playing Hide and Seek with him.

“OPPA!” I screamed which finally managed to get his attention.

“Oh baby girl where are you?” He said.

“At Sehun’s house.” I replied him, grinning.

“Oh okay. I see so when are you- wait. Did you say Sehun?” He asked me.

“Yeah.” I said and I swear I heard him shriek.

“OHMYGOD ARE YOU CRAZY?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A RAGING HORMONAL TEENAGER’S HOUSE?”

“Well, about that..” I chuckled nervously. “ I kinda twisted my ankle today.”

“YOU WHAT?!” Kai screamed from the other side of the line.

I took in a deep breath before saying “Okay I’ll be safe now go to sleep love you bye!”

I dropped the phone before Kai could say anything else. I yawned as I went to sleep. I was feeling very tired. It was a long day after all.

AUTHOR’S POV

Sehun was sleeping soundly when he suddenly heard screaming coming from next door. Without wasting any more time, he rushed next door.

He then came face to face with the poor girl who was now sweating and thrashing in bed.

“Minyoung? Minyoung? Wake up. Look at me Wake up.” Sehun cupped her face as he patted her cheeks.

The poor girl woke up with a tear stained face and was trembling. Sehun pulled her into a tight hug as he ran his fingers through the girl’s hair.

“Sehun.. My parents.. Fire..” She sobbed.

“It’s okay. I’m here.” He repeated until the girl’s sobs died down and had fallen asleep again. He laid her down on the bed again and was about to leave when a hand held onto his wrist.

He then turned around to see the girl with a pleading look and he immediately understood that she wanted him to stay.

He smiled and sat on her bed as she closed her eyes again, slowly she started to drift top sleep. Sehun sighed as he brushed a few stray strands of hair from her face and slept next to her.

He made sure to leave a gap in between them in case she’d feel that he violated her.

That night was the night where Minyoung started to show her hidden side of her.

Yes, that night. Sehun was up thinking. Why was his heart beating so fast every time he was with her?