Chapter 1

Eternally Loved...

CHAPTER 1

“Thanks Jongin oppa.” You said as Kai dropped you at the front of your apartment after having dinner with you. “Bye Minyoung.” Kai waved back to you and gave you his signature smile which made you smile in return. When Kai saw you entering the apartment gates safely, he zoomed off in his Red Ferrari. Kai would send you and fetch you back from school whenever he had the chance.

***

You and Kai were best friends as you knew each other since both of you were in diapers. Both of your families live next to each other. That was before Kai’s parents business gained attention and succeeded which made their family very rich. They moved out when Kai was only 5.

“Don’t cry… I’ll still see you every day in school.” Little Kai told the younger girl next to him who was already in tears. “Promise me we’re still best friends.” Little Minyoung said and lifted her pinkie finger up only to be hooked with Kai’s pinkie finger, sealing the promise.

And that promise was never broken. Although Kai wouldn’t be able to attend classes, he would still spend time with you every day. Be it coming over for lunch or dinner and leaving right after that for business. You would also help Kai in getting the notes he needs for school. Sometimes, you feel bit sympathy for Kai as he was only a High School Student and has to go through all of this pressure.

Sometimes, you feel that you’re burdening Kai and would tell him not to come if he’s busy but getting a big fat NO to your face. You could not feel more than grateful for Kai as he even bought a unit in the apartment for you and is supporting you which you did not like very much. Every summer, you would work in a High Class Bakery also known as Café de la Nouvelle Mairie. Since the summer holidays are coming up, you’ll be working there again. Every end of the summer, you’d secretly transfer your pay into Kai’s bank account only to have the money returned by the next day. Kai would never accept your money. Never.

The bakery was actually owned by one of Kai’s close friend who goes by the name of Oh Sehun. You have never met him before as Sehun only works in the main office and not the outlet. He does not attend the same school as you and Kai. He attends an academy for very rich students. Yes, Sehun is indeed far more way richer than Kai. Why does Kai not attend the same academy as Sehun? This is because Kai wants to spend time with you and Kai does not like the stuck-up attitude of the rich students. He hated it.

But… Sometimes… Without Kai… No one is there for you. Surely you have friends but all of them only befriended you for the sake of Kai. Well, it’s Kai we’re talking about. The hottest and richest guy in the school. Which girl would not fall head over heels over for him. You do have some true friends, but they were not close with you. A few sentences were exchanged and the ‘Bye, see ya later’ sentence comes.

Sitting next to the window alone, sitting at a table alone during recess… What a sad life it was for you. But you were happy, as long as Kai stayed your best friend. You didn’t need anyone else. Kai was always there for you. During your saddest times and also your happiest times. Kai was always next to you, supporting you.

Actually, you lost your parents when your house caught fire and that was only when you’re 7. You managed to escape but unfortunately, your parents didn’t make it. The memories of you screaming for your dad and mom to come out and the cries which were from you are still fresh in your mind. During that time, there was only one person next to you. It was… Kai.

“APPA!!!! OMMA!!!! COME OUT!!!!” The little Minyoung screamed as she sobbed on her knees. Her cries and shouts were heard by everyone who could only return pitiful and sad eyes. “MINYOUNG-AH!!!!” Suddenly a cry was heard from the crowd of people which only took a millisecond for the 7 year old Minyoung to realize who it was. “JONGIN OPPA!!!!” she shouted back with her tears face stained with tears, her clothes torn and messy hair. The little Kai immediately pulled Minyoung into a tight hug and started comforting her. Telling her it was all gonna be okay and he was there.

Ever since then, Kai’s parents took you in and raised you as their own child but let you live independently when you turned 15 which was then when Kai bought you a unit in an apartment with his own allowance. Although his parents said they could buy it for you, Kai refused and said that this was like a present for you.

***

You took off your shoes and placed them into your shoe cupboard. You had a variety of shoes all thanks to Kai. Kai always loves to buy you clothes, shoes and accessories even though you told him that your cupboard could not contain any more and he shouldn’t waste so much money on you. He would only reply with “We can always get a bigger cupboard or another cupboard.” This only made you sigh and give up as you knew Kai would never listen.

You went to your room and hung your school bag behind your bedroom door and went into the toilet to have a refreshing shower. After you were done showering, you put on an oversized T-Shirt and comfortable shorts then headed to the living room with your homework and your stationary. You placed them on the table in front of the television before heading to the kitchen to make some green tea. You shuffled back into the living room with your cup of green tea and sat down crossed leg at the table. You put on your reading glasses and got to work.

After 2 hours, you were finally done with your homework. You stretched and took off your glasses then sat on the sofa. You hugged a pillow then switched on the TV. You were flipping through channels and stopped at a certain channel which was playing ‘You Who Came From The Star’ starring Kim Soo Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun.

You yawned and your eyelids were closing by themselves. Soon, you reached dreamland. Not realizing someone entered your apartment to give you a surprise visit. He switched off the television and arranged your books properly then placed your stationary back into your pencil box . He looked at you and chuckled before carrying the sleeping you into your bedroom and tucked you in. He gave you a light kiss on your forehead before switching off the lights.

“Sweet dreams Minyoung-ah…” Kai whispered and closed the door behind him. He then made sure the lights were off then exited the apartment.

Kai then got into his Ferrari and zoomed off to the club him and Sehun owned. The black Porsche was already parked at the VIP parking. Kai reversed into the parking space beside it before getting down from the car. The blasting music was already heard even from outside.

As soon as Kai entered the club, the bartenders, waiter and waitresses bowed to him which made Kai return a smile back. He headed up to the second floor where Sehun was standing with a glass of Tequila in his hand.

“What’s Up Sehunnie!” Kai hollered loudly on purpose making the latter glare at him. “Don’t call me that and hello to you too Kai.” Sehun replied. “How’s life?” Kai asked Sehun. “Same old… Nothing new…” Sehun replied with a emotionless face. “No new pastries for me to try?” Kai asked before laughing. Sehun laughed together with him before replying “Thanks for reminding me. There’s a new pastry which actually has custard in it and sugar powder as the topping. I’ll bring some for you tomorrow.” “For free?” Kai asked with a grin before getting the glass of tequila the waiter handed him. “In your wildest dreams.” Sehun answered which made Kai grumble.

***

A/N Hi everyone~ This is the first chapter to my story ‘Eternally Loved...’. Sorry for the boring chapter as this is only the first one so it is more like an introduction.  Anyway, I do hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Subscribe, Comment and Upvote^^ Till next time then~