It's Time

Until The End of Time

The sunlight shone through the thin translucent fabric of the curtains in the couple's bedroom. Ryeowook groaned and covered his eyes with the back of his hand while turning his body to face the other side of the room where sunlight won't be disrupting his sleep.

"Wakey wakey my baby Wookie and my other baby Hana." Kyuhyun whispered lovingly at his husband's ear before going down to whisper at the latter's huge belly. Four months passed by in a flash and before they knew it Ryeowook's due date is any day now and the couple is anxiously waiting for the arrival for their little angel. The both of them have been busy with the preparation of their baby's nursery and they were more than relieved when the room was finally ready to welcome their new baby. Ryeowook especially chose violet-coloured theme for the room and he decorated it with little giraffe wall stickers. He also took the time to buy numerous of soft toys with most of them being giraffe soft toys for his little girl and he even already bought some adorable baby outfits for Hana despite Kyuhyun's objections since they still don't have any idea how big or how small their baby would be.

"Hmm Kyu, let me sleep a little longer. I went to the toilet atleast ten times last night." Ryeowook whined in his cute sleepy voice that Kyuhyun loved so much. "Oh please babe, whenever you have to go to the toilet I had to wake up too, to help you get up." Kyuhyun said teasing his little husband, well it was true everytime Ryeowook had to get up from the bed, he needs Kyuhyun to help him up since it was more difficult now with his now huge belly. "Well whose fault was it in the first place that I'm like this now. It was your little that got me pregnant, so that's the least you could do mister." Ryeowook glared at Kyuhyun, forgetting all about his sleepiness and lack of sleep. "Ugh Kyu. Help me up I need to pee again." Kyuhyun chuckled before getting up from the bed to help Ryeowook up.

Kyuhyun was flipping the pancake he was frying on the pan when he heard the familiar footsteps behind him. "Hey Kyu, you know Dr Kim said I should be giving birth around 13th or 14th right? Well it's already the 14th today and I still feel no contractions, do you think we should go and see her?" Ryeowook asked as he was scanning through his phone checking the calendar. "Just be patient babe, I'm sure Hana will come out when she wants to come out." Kyuhyun said turning off the stove, serving the pancakes on the table before walking towards his petite husband and bend down until he was facing Ryeowook's potruded belly.

"Hana, you have to come out soon okay...Your Wookie appa can't wait to see you and have his slim body back. Kyukyu appa also can't wait to see you and sing to you." Kyuhyun giggled kissing Ryeowook's belly while the other just chuckled, Kyuhyun's fluffy hair. The two soon proceed to the dining table and start eating their breakfast.

"Kyu, can we please go to that restaurant that we went to on our first date? I have a sudden craving for the jajangmyun there." Ryeowook said looking at Kyuhyun with his round brown eyes and pouty lips. "No Wookie. You are nine months pregnant for goodness sake and you are suppose to give birth today. So I'm not taking the risk bringing you out of the house other than the hospital. We'll just order takeout for lunch and dinner okay baby." Ryeowook pouted even more, disappointed at his husband's reply. Ryeowook really miss the jajangmyun at that particular restaurant especially that restaurant was the restaurant that they went to on their first date when they were in high school.

After breakfast, the couple decided to just laze around the house and they decided to have a movie marathon. Ryeowook was sitting on the couch cuddled up in Kyuhyun's warm embrace. They were watching tear-jerker movies together, Ryeowook busy munching the chocolate chips cookies his mom baked for him the other day. Of course at the end the two movies they watched so far Ryeowook ended up sobbing his heart out, tissues all over the couch and Kyuhyun was stuck comforting his overly emotional husband. Ryeowook has always been an emotional person and it's totally nothing new for Kyuhyun to see his husband cry at the end of a movie but now with him being pregnant the tears just kept on coming.

While the couple was half way watching their third movie, Kyuhyun could hear Ryeowook's soft snores indicating he was asleep. The latter chuckled to himself watching his husband asleep, probably exhausted from all the crying. Kyuhyun carefully placed his arms around Ryeowook's body so that he could carry him bridal style to their bedroom. He then gently placed Ryeowook on the bed, trying har not to wake his husband up. He kissed Ryeowook's forehead gently before pulling the cover up to his chin. Kyuhyun then grab his wallet and car keys and head out leaving his sleeping husband alone after writing a short note on a post-it and pasting it on the fridge.

*****

"K-kyu? Kyuhyun?" Ryeowook stirred in his sleep feeling slight pain on his stomach. He pushed himself up with great difficulty and get up from the bed before walking arpund the house looking for his husband who was nowhere in sight. Ryeowook winced when he felt another wave of pain. "Hana baby, I'm sorry but please be patient. Your Kyukyu appa is not at home." He took a deep breaths and soon the pain went away so he proceed to the living room looking for his phone. When Ryeowook was about to call Kyuhyun he heard the sound of car engine outside the house indicating the Kyuhyun just got back from wherever he came from.

"Oh hey babe, I see you are awake!" Kyuhyun said carrying plastic bags with both his hands. "Oh my god Kyu, where did you go! I was looking for you and I had- wait. Isn't this the smell of jajangmyun?" Ryeowook suddenly distracted by the appetizing smell of jajangmyun while he was trying to tell Kyuhyun about his contractions.

"Yep. I went to buy the one and only jajangmyun that my Wookie wants to eat." Kyuhyun said as he took out the bowls from the plastic bags with a proud smile. Kyuhyun giggled when he saw how Ryeowook's eyes sparkled and  the way he his lips so seductively just because of a bowl of jajangmyun. "Oh! My Kyukyu is definitely the best!!! Come on open it up! I'm starving." Ryeowook said excitedly clapping his hand hurrying his husband up. As soon as the bowl of jajangmyun was served Ryeowook immediately tucked in, enjoying the delicious noodles forgetting all about the contractions he had a few minutes ago.

Ryeowook winced again when the pain came back and it was stronger this time. "Wookie are you alright? You've been wincing in pain while eating." Kyuhyun put down his chopstick when he noticed the pained look on his husband's face. "K-Kyu I think it's-ah!" Ryeowook stopped halfway clutching his belly from the pain. "Oh my god it's time Wookie! It's time. Wait here I'm getting the bag and the car keys and my wallet and my phone and what else do we need? Oh my god oh my we are not ready we are not ready." Kyuhyun started aimlessly pacing back and forth around the house grabbing every little necessities he needed. "CHO KYUHYUN! Breathe in breathe out. You need to calm down you are stressing me out." Ryeowook screamed at his panicked husband before wincing again from the pain that was getting a little too much for him to bear.

The drive to the hospital was a blur, most of it was filled with Ryeowook wincing and screaming a little while Kyuhyun was trying all his might to stay focused on the road while calming down his husband who was in huge amount of pain. Before Ryeowook knows it the nurses are trying to change him into the hospital gown before letting him lie down on the bed while the nurses are trying to hook up the necessary equipments on him and putting in his IV drip. Kyuhyun on the other hand was busy with the admin stuff.

Kyuhyun was there the whole time holding onto Ryeowook's hand, whispering words of encouragements. It's been a few hours since Ryeowook was admitted and the contractions are closer together and they are getting stronger every single time.

"It's okay baby, you can do it. I know you can do it. For our baby, Hana. I promise you this is all going to be worth it. Just imagine her growing up, you will teach her how to play piano and I can help her with her school homework. We can go to the park every weekend to cycle together or we can go to the our holiday mansion and play by the beach together." Kyuhyun said to his husband gently while rubbing soothing circles on Ryeowook's back gently. Ryeowook's scrunched his face from the endless pain. Although it was really comforting to have Kyuhyun always being by his side telling his stories and encouraging him trying to distract him from the pain, he can still feel the pain. Ryeowook couldn't wait for all of this to be over. He just wanted to see his little girl already.

******

"Mr Cho, I think it is best that your husband deliver this baby through caesarean. He's been having contractions for six hours now and his body is weak. Like I said before, male pregnancy is very sensitive since they don't have the same amount of the hormones needed to deliver a baby like women. If he were to go through natural delivery I'm afraid it may endanger himself." Dr Kim spoke to Kyuhyun in an assuring manner.

"I leave it all to you doctor. Just please do the best for my husband and my baby." Kyuhyun said, Dr Kim nodded and then she proceed to tell the nurses on what to do.

"K-kyu...." Ryeowook managed to whimper when the nurses were pushing his bed into the operating room. "It's okay baby, I just need to change. I'll be in there in a minute okay. Be strong. I love you." Kyuhyun squeezed his husband's hand before kissing his forehead.

"I'm scared Kyu." Ryeowook said. They were already in the operating room and Dr Kim is doing her job trying to deliver the baby. Although Kyuhyun had the choice to watch everything himself, he refuse to watch since he is not the best person when it comes to seeing blood. "Don't worry baby everything will be fine." Kyuhyun reassures his husband, squeezing his hold on Ryeowook's hand. Little did he know Ryeowook's vision was getting blurry and Kyuhyun's voice sounded distant to him, it was as if he was losing consiousness.

Not long after the sound of cries from their little girl was heard loud and clear. Ryeowook smiled weakly with his half-closed eyes, "Hana is here..." he could feel tears on his cheek before his grip on Kyuhyun's hand loosen and then everything turned black.

"Doctor, his heart rate is slowing down. He is losing too much blood." Kyuhyun heard one of the nurses said in panic. Kyuhyun snapped out from his little amazement looking at his daughter for the first time, hearing the sound of her cries to realise that Ryeowook's grip on his hand loosen and his husband's eyes were closed. "DR KIM WHAT'S HAPPENING?! HE IS UNCONSIOUS!" Just then the heart monitor started going crazy before the sound of a flat beep filled the room.


Okay this is probably the longest chapter I ever written. Just to make up for the long wait. I'll try to update tomorrow since it's a holiday tomorrow! :) Sorry if this chapter is kinda weird... idk >,<