X. Catch a Falling Star and Put It In Your Heart

To See Her Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

X. Catch a Falling Star and Put It In Your Heart

 

“I will protect you and respect you

And be all you need

And when you reach for love

You'll only need to reach for me.”

 

~From The Heart (Another Level)

 

Past

 

 

If there was something that could satisfy my ual frustrations aside from , it would be any strenuous physical workout. And that was exactly what I got after taking my shower and deciding to hit the beach for a good old run.  After the icy cold shower, I found her sleeping so deeply that she didn’t even stir when I joined her and attempted to snuggle beside her. The snuggle was just an attempt since seeing her only reminded me of how much I wanted her so carelessly and the willpower I was trying to uphold.

 

I decided to channel my need elsewhere and on something entirely different.  Hence, I found myself kicking soccer ball on the beach after running for a few minutes. Five local teens were having a friendly beach soccer match and they needed to even the players up so I decided to jump in. We have been playing for hours and every single muscle in my body felt like throbbing and aching but I welcomed this kind of distraction.

 

Well-aware that I entered a meaningless battle and every angle pointed towards that knowledge that this will leave me with nothing but a ripped heart, I couldn’t seem to just walk away. I am not all together wired to be a fixer or charge in a battle that does not really concern me but there was just something about Seohyun that pulled me to her. Not to sound too conceited, I know it couldn’t be just because I could get that anywhere and anytime. The only credible reason would be because she had captured my heart.

 

I sighed and banished the rest of the thoughts until one of the kids whistled and we all turned towards the direction he was signaling. I groaned out loud at the boys when my damsel appeared in view but deep inside I was already having that mini-heart attack. Seohyun moved with fluid effortless grace and was totally unaware of her effect to the opposite . The soft waves of her hair fluttered with the wind as well as the hem of her cottony dress made her look like a goddess— desirable yet unattainable.

 

She smiled and waved at me but the younger boys didn’t see it that way so they pushed each other like, well, like teenagers so I started to jog towards her. That earned me a loud holler from my new playmates so I bowed at them animatedly then mouthed ‘wife’ pointing at her.

 

They cheered some more and my ego soared high.

 

Seohyun’s smile widened when we met a few good feet away from hearing distance of our newly formed fandom. Without saying anything, she took one of the empty beach chairs and I sat beside her.

 

“Finally, sleeping beauty has awoken…” I started as I took off my shirt and used it to wipe my upper body. She gave me another small smile and took the shirt from me and wiped my back. I felt even happier with the gesture but I decided not to say anything about it. I opted for the most mundane thought, “Do you know how long you slept?”

 

“How long?” she leaned dropping her chin on my shoulder as she continuously dabbed my sweaty skin. 

 

“Almost three hours, damsel…” I grinned and kissed her forehead, “Three hours.”

 

“Hmmm…” her lips pouted as if in deep thought then gave me a toothy smile, “I had a good night sleep…”

 

“My bedtime story was effective…” I alluded at her indulgence and she nodded biting my shoulder lightly. I sneered smugly, “We should do that more often.”

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes, “I don’t have sleeping disorder but whatever, you’re right… I slept like a baby.”

 

“Baby…” I repeated and pecked a kiss on her lips when she lifted her face closer to mine. I was about to give her another mind-blowing kiss when the ball landed close to our feet. Chuckling, I threw it back to the kids but they were gesturing me to join again. I shook my head and pointed at her that they scowled and each gave me a thumb’s down.

 

I turned to her frowning because of the distraction but she just waved her hand at my face and smiled. “So you have new friends… I’m jealous, Oppa.”

 

Cupping her jaw, I brushed my lips lightly on hers, “Don’t be, you’re my favorite… remember?”

 

Seohyun nodded with that tiny curve on her lips. This time, it was her who moved closer and kissed me fully. “I got scared when I woke up and found you gone…” She confessed once our lips parted.

 

“I’m right here…” I managed to say despite the pain I saw in her eyes. I kissed her again unhurriedly and sighed on , “I just needed to take a walk…”

 

She looked at me while entangling her fingers on mine, “Hmmm, Oppa… do you want to talk?”

 

My free hand soothed her cool cheek as we gazed at each other. I wanted so much to do that, to talk to her—to tell her that I would keep her safe, that I would never do anything to hurt her. I wanted so much to assure her that I would make her happy for the rest of her life. But I shook my head because I know that those words were said to her by that person who hurt her, the same one who was the reason why she created that protective wall around her.

 

I don’t want to give her words; I want to show her how. If only she would give me a chance—longer than this.

 

I smiled and dropped another peck on her lips, “Let’s eat… I need to recharge. You out all my energy.”

 

Her eyes narrowed then wrinkled her nose, “I beg to differ. It was you who all my energy!” Laughing out loud, I pulled her close and kissed her hard then felt her push me soft enough for her to speak, “But, is that good or bad? You… needing to recharge?”

 

“Good… all good, damsel…” We kissed again, wrapped up in our own world until I realized that the kids might be watching so I tilted away from and muttered regretfully, “We may have unwanted audience…”

 

She giggled looking past my shoulder and nodded as if confirming my thoughts, “Yeah… let’s go somewhere without minors.”

 

Surprisingly, she was becoming more and more amusing.

 

~~~

 

We found an almost deserted restaurant in the resort. Because it was way past lunch time, we were the only ones who occupied that tiny corner away from the prying eyes of strangers. Anyway, whoever could see us would definitely think that we were honeymooners. The thought made me smile silly.

 

Our lunch consisted mostly of sea foods, salads and fresh fruits that we devoured wholeheartedly after hours of self-imposed fasting. She whined endlessly when I decided to get dessert but stopped after I declared out loud, and in front of the waiter, that I have all the intentions of helping her burn all the calories. After much deliberation, we both agreed on the blueberry cheesecake just because it looked too enticing on the menu. We shared one plate and had that little tag-of-war spooning after the other while giving a playful deathly glare.

 

 “Hey, you have some on your lips—”

 

I clicked my tongue and raised a finger as I ducked from her touch. She glowered at me so I grinned, “You’re not doing it right. Here, let me show you…” I smudged the side of with blueberry and bent close. With the tip of my tongue, I the jelly ever so ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter