CHAPTER 9

Guardian Angel

Yong Guk shook his head at the lifeless body of Lee.

“Weakling.” He muttered before walking back to the bar.

 

Soo Jin went straight to the restroom. She made sure she was alone in there before locking the door and ripping the mask off her face. She started washing her hands as tears started blurring her vision.

“No. No. No.” she muttered to herself, “Not now.” Tears escaped her eyes as she continued rubbing her hands with water, cleansing them from the crime she’d done.

Her breath quickened and she shut the faucet, gripping the edges of the sink. She struggled to regain composure, taking in deep shaky breaths. She closed her eyes and images of her past victims flashed in her head.

Their body, lifeless on the ground; her hand tainted with their blood; and their every look of desperation a second before she ends their life.

She opened her eyes and growled. She turned around and kicked the cubicle’s door, it now had a hole in it.

She ran both her hands past her hair and stared at her reflection. She smirked, “I’m pathetic.” She snickered and relaxed.

Her breath normal and her tears gone, she washed her face before leaving. *I can’t let my panic attacks happen in a place like this, ever again.* she noted.

 

Yong Guk eyed his glass of Whiskey, even though he was nowhere near the restroom he knew exactly what was going in there.

*Here I thought you were a complete heartless being,* He shook his head, *but here you are, having a panic attack in the middle of all the chaos.* he smirked and took a sip, “Isanghae.”

“What’s weird?”

Yong Guk smirked at Zico’s presence, “That Sparrow chic.”

Zico ordered another drink, “Tell me about it.”

Yong Guk placed his arms on the table and eyed Zico, “How are you holding up, supernatural being that got beaten by a human.”

Zico snickered, “I see you’re enjoying my suffering,” he thanked the bartender for his drink, “very cynical.”

 

Soo Jin stepped out of the restroom, her facade back in place. She eyed Yong Guk and Zico at the bar.

*Why are those two always together?* she sighed, "Whatever." And decided to go home.

 

"So what are you delaying for Zico?" Yong Guk asked.

"You know me well, Guk," Zico smirked, "I watch my prey, study my prey, then eat my prey."

"How long do you watch and study?" Yong Guk played with his empty glass, "A year?"

Zico snickered, "Ah, so curious my arch enemy."

Yong Guk snickered.

"I will move my pawns tomorrow." Zico said, "You see, I've done a fair share of research about this pathetic yet entertaining cage of death." He looked around before leaning in, "Kim Jae Joong, the owner, has a bratt of a daughter."

"And school starts at 7:45 am tomorrow." Yong Guk said, finally piecing the puzzle together.

"Reliving my glorious high school days again," Zico smiled, excited, "I reckon if I met you back then we'd be the best of friends."

Yong Guk snickered, "I was a trouble maker back then."

"And so was I!" Zico chuckled in joy, downed the remaining liquor in his glass before getting off his seat, "I now bid you,” he then did a double take at the bartender, “EY BARTENDER, a glass of the finest scotch for this .” Zico pointed at Yong Guk.

The bartender eyed Yong Guk, he raised his glass in approval, “I’m the .”

Zico gave the bartender some bills before leaving. He gave Yong Guk a final salute before disappearing. Yong Guk finished the scotch before heading out.

*,* Yong Guk went into Angel mode and was immediately in Soo Jin’s room, *Soo Jin?* he looked for her, only to see her knocked out on her bed.

“At least you get to peacefully sleep tonight.” Yong Guk sighed before heading for the balcony, “Another long night of thinking… plotting.” He sat on the rails, his feet dangling over the edge as he looked down at the city.

 

 

Soo Jin placed the bowl in the sink, finished with her breakfast. Taking one last look at the mirror, she grabbed her bag and keys. Unlocking the door she stepped out.

*Wonder if the creeper’s going to school today.* Soo Jin smirked, amused. She locked the door and went for the stairs.

 

“Soo Jin-ah~!”

 

She looked up to see a messy haired Yong Guk, wearing a dark gray hoodie with matching sweats.

“Why aren’t you in uniform?” She eyed him.

“School doesn’t sound that good right now.” Yong Guk smirked, “Come on, skip school and let’s catch some Z’s.”

Soo Jin pinched the bridge of her nose, “For someone who likes watching people at night, you seem to not understand why I have to go to school every day.”

“Come on, one day of absence won’t mess up your nerd character.” Yong Guk chuckled.

“And what makes you think I’d rather stay in with you than go to school?” Soo Jin arched brow, her temper slowly rising, “After what you said to me yesterday? Leaving me hanging after shocking me that you know more than you should.”

Yong Guk sighed, knowing she’d bring that up, “Alright, alright. I was stupid for not explaining the I know,” so he walked to Soo Jin, grabbed her wrist and started dragging her up the stairs, “that’s why we’re staying at my place so I can tell you how I learned all this stuff, ara?” he flashed her a crooked smile.

Soo Jin blinked at Yong Guk’s smile, dismissing the fact that her heart almost faltered at that look.

“Don’t drag me around I’m not your pet.” Soo Jin yanked her hand out of his, wanting to regain composure.

YA CAN YOU GET YOUR COUPLE FIGHTS OUT OF THE HALLWAY~!!!” An old lady yelled before slamming her door, shaking the calm aura.

Yong Guk placed a hand over his mouth, biting in a laugh.
Soo Jin’s blood boiled, “AHJUMMA WE AIN’T NO COUPLE~!”

The old lady’s door opened, “YOU AIN’T FOOLIN NO ONE!!!” she slammed her door again.

Soo Jin was about to answer back when Yong Guk raised a hand, “Ya, stop messing the ahjumma’s already ruined morning.”

“But she-“
“It’s not true anyway, right? So why bother, psh.” Yong Guk nonchalantly shrugged before opening his door, “Now, breakfast?”

“I already ate.” Soo Jin flatly answered.

“Sourpuss.” Yong Guk muttered.

 

 

 “I have a twin.”

Soo Jin eyed Yong Guk, not the slightest bit believing him, “I’m leaving.” She got up with her stuff.

“Remember what I said to you, before you went up against Reaper?” Yong Guk asked, still sitting on the chair.

Soo Jin stopped, “What about it?”

“I’m serious about you learning to watch the people that surround you in every moment.”

“Why do you keep saying that?” Soo Jin turned to look at him.

“Because my twin was killed by Kim Jae Joong.” Yong Guk stared at the empty plate in front of him, “Like you, I tried avenging his death…”

Soo Jin’s agitation was then replaced with curiosity.

“I was stupid and rash back then,” Yong Guk smirked, “next thing I knew,” he gulped, “I was too close to death.”

Soo Jin’s eyes widened, “How’d you get out?”

“I can’t tell you that now,” Yong Guk met eyes with Soo Jin, “point is, I got that close cause I wasn’t watching the people around me. Little did I know I had someone tailing me everywhere, a friend was a spy and a teacher was another spy.”

Soo Jin scrutinized him, “How do I know you’re not a spy?”

“Cause you would’ve been dead the first day I ran into you.”

Soo Jin looked away, “Whatever.” Dismissing the fact that he was telling the truth, “I’m going to school.”

“Reaper’s in school.”

Soo Jin's hand tightened around the doorknob.

"Be careful."

"Why aren't you going to school?" Soo Jin let go of the doorknob and eyed him, "It looks like you and Reaper are really tight, why you hiding from him?"

"We ain't friends," Yong Guk shook his head, "it just so happens we both know too much of each other, but are not friends."

"Still doesn't answer why you're not going to school." Soo Jin snapped.

"It's complicated."

"What an odd couple." Soo Jin looked away and walked out the door.

Yong Guk went to Angel mode and started following her, "Aigoo..." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I am back~!!! woooh sorry for having not being around for 1234145112343124 years... huhuhu hope ya'll still up with this fic though :(