CHAPTER 10

Guardian Angel

In school, Zico's presence shook the student body. Girls were swooning, teachers were frowning and of course the guys were unamused.

 

Soo Jin eyed Zico's head from the back of the class. Thanks to fate's hands, they were classmates. Zico was doing his game right, up to Yeon Hee.

 

Being the attention seeker she is, Yeon Hee loved the attention she was getting from the school's new bad boy.

Zico passed a note to Yeon Hee. Yeon Hee read the note:

 

Lunch, you and me?

 

Yeon Hee flashed him a crooked smile before looking away.

Zico relaxed on his seat, *Secured a spot with the school's ? CHECK.* he looked around, observing his classmates.

 

Zico smirked at the sight of Soo Jin, *Even until now, nerds still look the same.* he snickered and looked away.

*in rookie, up to Yeon Hee.* Soo Jin rolled her eyes at him. She definitely saw how he looked at her. 

 

Lunch came and Zico pulled Yeon Hee out of the classroom.

"W-wait, what about my stuff?" Yeon Hee panicked.

"Let your friends worry about that." Zico smirked and led her to the cafeteria.

 

Soo Jin was at her usual spot, at the soccer field.

*Wonder where the creep is now?* she smirked, *Still catching some Z's?* she snickered to herself and started eating.

 

She knew that she was growing fond of Yong Guk, she was just too stubborn to admit it. More over, she was afraid to trust him. I mean, any normal person wouldn't just open up to a random guy who saved your life, right? 

 

"Oh, she's smiling," Yong Guk appeared at the bottom of the bleachers and went into human mode, "not thinking about me are you?"

Soo Jin jumped at his sudden presence *Where the did he come from?*, her eyes narrowed at Yong Guk, "Conceited bastard."

Yong Guk smiled and climbed his way up to Soo Jin, "Come on, you missed me."

Soo Jin arched a brow, "Don't you understand what conceited means?"

 

 

 

 

Yeon Hee watched Zico devour his lunch. He was eating so fast and was still able to throw some comments about the food.

"I've never eaten school food like this in a long time." Zico said, finished, laying his utensils at the side of his plate.

"Food at your old school was that terrible?" Yeon Hee smirked, resting her arms on the table, leaning forward.

Zico wiped his mouth with the back of his hand before smirking, “Now, let’s get down to business.”

Yeon Hee’s eyes glittered with excitement, “Business?”

“What do you know of Bang Yong Guk?”

 

 

“Oh yeah, Reaper’s my classmate.” Soo Jin said, as a matter of fact, “Oh I mean, our classmate.”

“Smart .” Yong Guk muttered under his breath.

“Mwo?” Soo Jin eyed him.

“Did you get his real name?”

“Yeah, Zico.”

“Did he recognize you?”

“I don’t think so,” Soo Jin recalled the incident earlier, “but he smirked at me earlier,“ rolling her eyes, “probably thinking how pathetic I looked.”

Then Yong Guk remembered that Zico loved nerds.  He loves having them around since they’re people who fear him.

 

“He knows you’re a nerd.” Yong Guk concluded and smiled, “He knows you’re a nerd!” he chuckled.

“What the hell are you saying??” Soo Jin threw her hands up, frustrated with not understanding where he was coming from.

“Reaper, back in-“ Yong Guk hesitated first, “his other school, loved having nerds around. He would tease them or humiliate them and would never suspect they’d have the guts to stand up to him.”

 Soo Jin nodded, finally understanding, “So, I don’t have to do much than what I’ve already been doing.”

*Yeah, only now I have to be careful around him.* Yong Guk bit his lip, "Yeah, he'll never see you as Sparrow or whatever, to him you're just the suicidal nerd."



“Yong Guk?” Yeon Hee frowned, “Why would you want to know about him?”

“Cause there can only be one badass Kingka in this school,” Zico smoothly covered up the truth, leaning back on his seat, “I gotta know my competition.”

Yeon Hee thought about it before smirking, “Well, he hangs out with the school’s nerd.”

“School’s nerd?” Zico arched a brow, *His human, is a nerd?*

“Yeah, that freak is our classmate,” Yeon Hee rolled her eyes, “she commits suicide every once in a while and talks to no one but him. She’s a total nerd, low life and no guts.”

*Suicidal cases, huh?* Zico smirked, “I love having nerds around.”

“Bwoya?” Yeon Hee’s eyes widened.

“I have people who’ll always fear me,” Zico locked his hands at the back of his head, “I love it when low life beings fear me.”

Yeon Hee her lips, “You are so y when you’re cocky.”

“ those lips again and you won’t be able to walk to the next class.” Zico smirked, *A little fun with Mr. Kim Jae Joong’s of a daughter would be fun.*

Yeon Hee got on her feet and leaned forward, her uniform ed, purposely showing her cleavage. She grabbed Zico’s necktie and locked eyes with him, “I dare you.” And slowly her lips.

 

Yong Guk and Soo Jin were walking back to class when a janitor’s door burst open and out came Zico with a messy uniform.

“Well, well,” Zico wiped his swollen lips and smirked at Yong Guk, “my favorite person on earth.”

Wind blew pass Soo Jin and Yong Guk, the after smell of reeking in the air.

“Oh god.” Soo Jin covered her nose and made a run for the classroom.

Yong Guk chuckled, “I see you’ve just had your fun.”

Zico smiled and straightened out his wrinkled uniform, “Yeah, but she wasn’t tight. She has a of a , big and loose.”

“T-M-I bro.” Yong Guk held up his hands, “I did not need to know that.”

Zico snickered, “Mian.” He looked back at the direction where Soo Jin ran off to, “She the one?”

Yong Guk nodded, “Suicidal case.”

“They’re giving you cases like that now?” Zico chuckled, “Seems like you’ve been demoted.”

“Zico who-“ Yeon Hee stumbled into a stop at the sight of Yong Guk, “Oh, you.” She smirked and fixed herself.

Yong Guk chuckled, “I’ll leave you s together now.” And walked away.

 

Yeon Hee furrowed her brows, she's still frustrated that she could never get more attention from Yong Guk. Well, now she has Zico, she should be happy right?

 

*Whatever.* she rolled her eyes and faced Zico, "What were you guys talking about?"

"Oh you know," Zico shrugged his shoulder, "typical I'm the new kingka now, ." 

 

Yeon Hee watched Yong Guk's retreating figure, *I'll let you walk away now, while you still can.*

 

Zico arched a brow at Yeon Hee, "Ya, why are you watching him that way?"

Yeon Hee snapped out of her daze, "Mworago?"

"You me but look at him with longing?" Zico scoffed, *Yeah, I should show her that I'm a bit interested.*

Yeon Hee blinked at Zico, "What did you say?"

Zico shrugged it off and walked away, " it."

 

Yeon Hee blinked at his retreating figure, *What's with the sudden jealousy?*

*Kim Yeon Hee, when I've claimed your heart and trust, you'll wish you were never born.* Zico grinned as he disappeared to class.

 

The minute the teacher walked out of the classroom, the students got up and packed their things. Soo Jin was already gone and Yong Guk was left behind. The students whispered as he passed. Since he didn't show up for the morning classes, the principal called him to his office after lunch.

 

"See, now that's a badass."

"All I thought he was just faking it, didn't know he actually was one."

"Still hot though."

 

Yong Guk gave Zico a knowing look before walking out the school doors.

Zico smirked, *Like I said, if we met back then we'd be the best of friends.*

 

Yong Guk was just a block away when Soo Jin appeared in front of him.

"Omo." He blinked at her, "Were you waiting for me?"

"Look, I don't have a scheduled match tonight," Soo Jin started, "and I have feeling you're gonna stick around so, we gotta get things clear."

Yong Guk nodded, "Alright, you wanna know my story and I wanna know yours."

Soo Jin bit her lip, "I'm still hesitant about it so you gotta be patient with me tonight."

"How bout we talk at my place?" He suggested, "Since I'm telling first and I'm sure it'll be long, why don't we have dinner at the same time?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


ANNYEONG THIS IS MY CHRISTMAS GIFT TO YOU MY DEAR READERS, silent and not silent, :* HOPE YOU'RE STILL INTERESTED HUHUHU SEE YA SOON. I'LL SEE IF I CAN UPDATE BY THE NEW YEAR KEKEKE