CHAPTER 7

Guardian Angel

Lunch came and Soo Jin rushed out of the classroom.

*I gotta get away from him.* Soo Jin hurried pass the people.

*We playing hide and seek now?* Yong Guk smirked, watching Soo Jin leave while packing his stuff.

“It’s so rude for her to leave without saying goodbye.” Yeon Hee appeared in front of Yong Guk, batting her eyes at him.

Without looking at her, Yong Guk stepped to the side and left. Yeon Hee huffed and stomped her feet, *He ignored me again!!*

 

Yong Guk coolly poured water on his ramen before leaving the cafeteria. Ignoring the greetings from different students, he pursued his search for Soo Jin.

*Now where is that weirdo.* He smirked, using his abilities to search the grounds for Soo Jin. In a flash Yong Guk was by the soccer field, eyeing Soo Jin who was sitting on the bleachers.

“You read books?” Yong Guk arched a brow, reading books seemed to not fit her profile.

In the middle of her reading Soo Jin heard footsteps. She looked up and wished she hadn’t.

“You read books now?” Yong Guk questioned as he started climbing the bleachers.

“Aw, it’s like you don’t know me,” Soo Jin mocked, “I’ve always been the bookworm type.”

Yong Guk put down his ramen before throwing his bag up in the air. Upon reflex, Soo Jin caught the bag and eyed Yong Guk.

“Is this throw your bag in the air day?” Soo Jin arched a brow and dropped his bag.

“Why’d you catch it then, sourpuss?” Yong Guk asked as he sat down beside her and ripped the lid off his ramen.

Soo Jin narrowed her eyes at Yong Guk, unable to answer, “Whatever.” *What the are you even doing here, Guk.*

Yong Guk devoured his ramen while Soo Jin ate her fried rice. There was silence.

“Don’t be shy,” Yong Guk broke the silence, “ask away.”

*Can this freak read minds too?* Soo Jin arched a brow at Yong Guk, “What will I ask?”

Yong Guk tilted his head to the side, *I swear I read your thoughts, you have so many questions.* “Come on, one or two questions wouldn’t hurt.”

“Questions about what?” Soo Jin placed her topper wear down a bit too aggressively, growing defensive. *What is he up to now?*

“Hey,” Yong Guk sensed her discomfort and raised a hand in the air, “I meant questions for me. Come on, don’t get too defensive.”

Soo Jin took a deep breath before pushing her glasses back up her nose, “Sorry, I’m just-“ she took another deep breath, “why are you here?”

Yong Guk smirked, “Nice question, but I won’t answer that one so pass. Next?” he smirked.

She arched a brow, “How’d you know where I live?”

“Cause I live there too, babo.” Yong Guk snickered, “I live on the same floor.”

“Still doesn’t explain how you happen to know which door was mine.”

“Okay fine you caught me,” Yong Guk rolled his eyes, “I asked around, big deal?”

“Creep.” Soo Jin smirked before opening her book “Won’t you leave?”
“Nope.” Yong Guk nonchalantly answered.

“Why?”

“Just like you first question, I can’t answer that one.”

The two met eyes and Yong Guk swore he saw a new emotion in Soo Jin’s eyes, something in between anticipation and fear. Soo Jin rolled her eyes before looking away.

“So does this mean we’re friends?” Yong Guk asked.

“Nope.”

“Wae?” Yong Guk shoved her shoulder.

Soo Jin glared at her, “And no touching me.”

“As if you scare me,” Yong Guk chuckled, “now come on,” he shook her shoulder, “why can’t we be friends.”

“Cause I don’t do friends.” Soo Jin shoved his hand away from her.

“I saved your life,” Yong Guk started counting, “I’ve seen what you do outside of school, I know where you live,” he looked at her, “and I’m the only person who actually looks for you. Can’t that pass as friend material?”

Soo Jin pinched the bridge of her nose, slamming her book shut, “I hate you.”

“Tell me something I don’t know.” Yong Guk snickered, knowing that Soo Jin gave into his request of friendship.

Her mind was like an open book for him, since she made a habit of analyzing things before acting upon it. He always knew what question to ask for her to give him the right answer.

Soo Jin eyed Yong Guk, “Kay fine, we’re friends. But there are rules.”

“Something I love destroying.” Yong Guk nodded.

“Shut up,” Soo Jin snapped, “now, rule one: you do not just go to my house anytime you want, most especially for your stupid sleeping disorder.”

“I can’t be liable for actually doing the exact opposite.” Yong Guk smirked.

Soo Jin rolled her eyes, “Rule two: when we crash into each other at night, keep a safe distance.”

“That I understand.”

“And lastly: don’t you ever, ever…” Soo Jin stopped half-way, *Risk your life for me.*

Yong Guk closed his eyes, *That’s my mission Soo Jin, I can’t do that.*

“Ever?” Yong Guk hung on her last word.

“Blow my cover in school.” She recovered.

“I am gonna need an explanation for why you’re doing all this in the first place.” Yong Guk demanded.

“And you’re not gonna get any.”

“It wasn’t a request,” Yong Guk snickered, “it was a demand.”

Soo Jin looked away from him, remembering what he said that night: “It’s not pity, it’s ing concern. Be damn careful around Reaper and start watching the people that move around you. If something goes wrong, I won’t think twice bout getting you permanently out of this livelihood.”

*What did you mean about permanently getting me out of this livelihood?* Soo Jin looked at Yong Guk, *Why do I feel like you’re… supposed to be doing something else other than this?*

Yong Guk felt her stare but decided to focus on his phone, *You are a very smart girl, Soo Jin. I can’t answer any of your questions of my existence, but you’ll find out soon.* 

 

The last class ended and everyone piled out of the classroom. Yong Guk had to let Soo Jin leave first before heading out.

*Who are you hiding from in this school?* Yong Guk scanned the eyes of the students, wondering. He ended up at his locker and opened it, stuffing all his stuff in.

“Aren’t you gonna bring home the history book for homework?”

Yong Guk closed his eyes, sighing, *Can’t this girl take a hint?* he closed his locker, not looking back at Yeon Hee, and left.

“Oh no, you are not walking away from me, again.” Yeon Hee marched after him, her two friends following with fear.

“YA~!” Yeon Hee reached for Yong Guk’s hand.

Before her hand could touch his, Yong Guk stepped to the side, letting Yeon Hee fall forward.

“YEON HEE-AH~!” Her two friends rushing over to catch her just in time before she could’ve landed on her face.

Yong Guk smirked at her before turning around to leave.

“YA BANG YONG GUK~!” Yeon Hee pushed her friends off her and rushed after him, “I AM TALKING TO YOU~!”

Yong Guk sighed before stopping, his back still facing her, “Let this be the last time I ever talk to you.” He faced her, “I do not under any circumstance talk too or hang around pathetic children like you.”

Yeon Hee scoffed, “Bwoya? For a new student you got a lot of nerve to be talking to me like that.”

The students around them eyed Yong Guk.

“I never thought that the student body would’ve chosen you, a little kid, as the one who made the rules here.” Yong Guk snickered.

“I actually am the one who makes the rules.” Yeon Hee smirked.

“So you’re accepting you’re a pathetic child?” Yong Guk snapped.

The students around them snickered.

“Again,” Yong Guk eyed her up and down, “this will be the last time I’m ever gonna look at you, talk to you or even be around you. I do not hang around children like you who thinks they can step on other people’s shoulders.” He turned around and started walking, “God pities people like you.”

Yeon Hee’s jaw dropped and tears threatened to trail down her cheeks, “How dare he.”

“Let’s go Yeon Hee, forget him.” Her friend Da Som comforted her.

“Yeah, just go find some other guy.” Her other friend, Lia, flattened her hair.

“Finally someone stood up to you.” A student from the crowd yelled.

“Yeah, if he didn’t say anything I wouldn’t have realized how delusional you really were.” Another added, making everyone laugh.

“SHUT UP~!” Yeon Hee yelled, tears trailing down her cheeks.

“Let’s get out of here.” Lia and Da Som pushed pass the people, leading Yeon Hee away from the crowd.

 

Yong Guk was walking to his “home” when he felt someone following him. Smirking he turned around to see a frowning Soo Jin.

“I heard what you did in school today.” Soo Jin eyed him.

Yong Guk raised his brow, “Why am I getting the impression that I shouldn’t have done that?”

“You really should choose the people you speak your mind to.” Soo Jin walked pass him, “Come on.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


 


KEKEKEKEKE I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT THE SNEEZING BANG