An Angel in Disguise

Home Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one of those non-working holidays in Seoul.

“Dara! Will you just slow down? My feet are killing me already.” Bommie started to complain after a few hours (Fine! Not just a few-say about four hours?) of walking around the mall (actually, this would be our third mall for the day.) a month after the incident that I had with Won Bin.

“Bommie! We haven’t covered much yet of this place. And I have to get to that shoe store at the other end of this mall.” I was starting to get frustrated as I saw the time on my watch. It was nearing closing time. Well, at least an hour before the mall closes down for the day. But then no girl can pick a nice pair of shoes within that short span of time. I know I won’t.

“Shoes again? But you’ve already bought 3 pairs. How many pairs of shoes do you really need? I only have..” I saw Bommie looked up to the ceiling thinking, or maybe counting.

“Seven.” She added right after another second or two.

“Well then maybe you need to start buying more. You wouldn’t know when they’d come useful.” I tried to reason with her.

“I’m a smart buyer, you know. I don’t spend money on unnecessary things. I’m good with seven. I can even wear one for each day of the week.” Her reason was better than mine, I know. But, It’s my waterloo.

So kill me if I’m such a shoe . I know I should have taken a job as a shoe designer for a shoe label. Maybe then I could get shoes for free.

“So tell me, what’s it about shoes?” Bommie asked as soon as she caught up with me.

“I just simply adore them.” I simply stated.

“I know. But aside from that?” She pried some more answers from me.

“Well, I know that all of my shoes look good on my feet.” It’s enough reason for me for buying shoes.

“But do you ever get to wear all of them?” Bommie asked in wonder.

“Of course. I mean I can’t wear my stilettos when I’m jogging, right? I have choices so that’s really what’s important.” I explained.

“But don’t you get pissed off for having too much choices at hand?” My best girl friend asked me.

Now that was one of my dilemmas actually. So many choices and nothing would feel just right. But, I have a solution to that.

“Honestly, it used to give me a headache just having so many choices and not finding the right shoe to wear. But you know what?” I carefully held onto Bommie’s hand meaning her to listen to me.

“What?”She sighed.

“Before I even get myself hyped with that dilemma, I make sure that I just buy myself a new pair of shoes. In that case, I wouldn’t be pissed off anymore.” I told her.

“You know what?” Bommie stared at me intently.

“What?” I almost asked with a smile.

“You’re nuts!!!” Bommie sounded worried.

“But,” I tried to protest just before I heard my mobile phone ringing.

“Yoboseyo? Ji!!” I said.

“Bought enough shoes already?” He asked with a soft laugh.

“Yah! I only bought 3 pairs. And how come you know I was shopping for shoes, anyway?” I had to ask. I can’t seem to remember telling him that I’ll be shopping for shoes with Bommie.

“I know you enough, Dee.” He said stifling his laughter.

“Oh anyway, why’d you call?” I asked wanting to change the topic immediately.

“Nothing really. I just thought of checking on you and Bom.”

Awwwwwwwwww!!! That was so sweet of him. I couldn’t help stopping from my pace and gave out an inward sigh.

“Hey, are you still there?” I heard him ask.

“Oh yes, I’m still here.” I answered him quickly.

“Anyway, may I just remind you that today is Friday and it’s Club NB night tonight.” Jiyong said.

“I know.” I said impatiently.

“So, I’ll just pick you up at your place tonight?” He asked.

“Uh, I don’t think there’s any need for you to pick me up at my flat tonight. Since I’m already with Bommie. Well she and I will be going there together.” I said to Jiyong.

“Alright. So I’ll just see you both there tonight, okay?” Jiyong said.

I somehow heard a slight disappointment in his tone. Or was I just imagining it? Whatever!!!

“But you can have the honor of taking me back home tonight.” I quickly said.

“Sure, no problem. Didn’t you bring with you your car?” He asked.

“No. We brought Bommie’s car.”I explained.

“So, I’ll just see you both then.”

“See yah. Bye.” I said and hang up.

***

Later that night at Club NB.

I quietly sat on the booth that us Bigbang occupied. On my left hand, I held on to the bottle of beer and on my right, I was impatiently toying with my car keys.

“Yah! Jiyong ah! You seem awfully quiet tonight. What’s with you?” Youngbae asked.

“I just don’t feel like talking. Why?” I answered.

“Aw come on now Youngbae hyung! As if you don’t have an idea what’s keeping our brother here speechless.” Seungri quickly replied.

“Shut up maknae and mind your own damned business.” I listlessly threw at me.

“Well what do you know, Jiyong hyung’s not only suddenly turned silent. My, aren’t we touchy tonight, huh?” Seungri asked teasing me further.

“Shut up!” I darted at him.

“What happened? Not good a week for you, huh? Who was the lucky girl this week that had your full service?” Youngbae asked.

I paused to think for a while as to how I could break them the news that for the past 3 weeks, I have not been with any other girl than Bommie, Minzy, Chaerin and Dara. As to how come they had not known this, well it’s quite simple. No one asked. And the thing is, I’ve been really busy with things at the office.

Should I tell them or should I not?

“Could you just quit it? Work’s just been bothering me, that’s why.”I told them.

“Man! You need to loosen up a bit. You already have the businessman of the year title under your name for a few times now. Why don’t you just take it slow? You’re still young hyung!” Seungri said, as he suddenly turned soft on me.

“Plus the fact that you need to get laid!” Seungri quickly added with a silly grin on his face.

“What?” I surprisingly askedSeungri giving him a glare.

“Come on now, hyung. There’s no need to hide it from us.” Seungri said.

Now what Jiyong? You’re obviously busted. How could I ever think that I actually can hide such things from my brothers? I swiftly brushed back my hair using my fingers.

“You mean you haven’t had a girl again? Since when, Jiyong?” Seunghyun obtusely asked.

“Since the Won Bon Guy came into picture.” Seungri supplied for me.

“That’s new! I didn’t know that you could stand without a girl that long.” Seunghyun hyung said.

I just kept silent all throughout this ranting about my ual life that my brothers are exposing.

“You indeed need to get laid, Ji.” Youngbae pondered as he took a closer look at me.

“Oh shut up will you guys!? And oh hyung, what’s taking Bom so long? Where are they?” I said wanting to take the limelight off me.

“Well, there’s your answer.” Seunghyun said pointing out towards the entrance of the pub where Bom and Dara appeared.

“Sorry guys to keep you waiting.” Dara said with a smile.

“What kept you two so long? The malls already closed for the last two hours.” Seunghyun inquired heatedly.

“Blame it all on Dara!” Bom bellowed.

Dara only gave Seunghyun one of her innocent smiles.

***

“So I bet that you are happy with all that you bought at the mall?” I heard Jiyong asked as he moved up to sit right next to me.

“Of course she is. She bought 5 pairs of shoes.” It was Bom who answered for me.

“Five pairs? What? Are you an octopus?” Seunghyun asked which elicited laughter from the group.

“Can we just order up now and enough talking about me? Please?” I heard myself asked the whole group and then I turned to face Jiyong.

“Please?” I asked him softly. And then I pouted. I knew he can never resist me whenever I’m acting like such.

Then I saw him give out a breathless sigh before calling the waiter’s attention.

“My, my. You really can’t resist Dara noona huh?” I heard Daesung asked Jiyong.

“Who can stand this girl’s look? She’s hungry.” Jiyong reasoned as he shook his head.

“Come on admit it, hyung!” Seungri pushed his teasing further.

“What’s there to admit, Seungri yah? Ji and I are just friends.” I rescued my dear best friend from his other best friend’s teasing.

“Whatever!!!” Seungri shrugged what I just said.

“Anyway, before I entirely forget, here are your invitations.” Seungri said as he reached inside his jacket pocket and revealed 5 white envelopes.

“What’s this? Your wedding invitations?” I had to ask as I coupled it with an arched brow.

“Chaerinnie!! You didn’t tell us that this guy over here finally had the nerve to ask you to be his life time partner.” Bommie’s voice rang piercingly into my ears. She then launched herself towards Chaerin who was seated next to Seungri.

I swear! My eardrums are probably damaged for sure!

“Bommie noona! Of course that’s not our wedding invitation. I have yet to propose to her, right jagiya?” Seungri said.

“And when’s that?” I heard Jiyong asked trying to put Seungri on the spot.

“Sooner than you!” Seungri prodded.

“So what’s this, really?” I asked as I opened the envelope.

“That’s the invitation for the Halloween ball that would be happening next Saturday. It’ll be a double event actually. That’ll be the release date of our Coca Cola commercial. That’ll be in Hong Kong, mind you. We had already provided you with your tickets. Timely, it’ll be a costume party so we’re expecting you to dress accordingly.” Seungri explained.

“Wow! I’m going to Hong Kong!!!” Bom said merrily.

“And you will be dressed as the Warriors, huh?” I asked giving them an evil smile.

“Yes! Perhaps you can go dressed as an evil witch with that evil grin on your face!” Seungri teased silencing me up.

“Yah!, Dee’s no evil witch!” Jiyong rescued me.

“See! At least one of you thinks I’m not!” I hollered at Seungri as I take comfort in Jiyong’s arms. More like I’m taking cover than comfort, I should say.

Jiyong unnervingly placed his arms about my shoulders.

“Well I’m not going.” I carefully announced.

“What?” I knew that everybody’s eyes were on me now so I chose to close my eyes. I could just feel them darting me their angry stares. Then I slowly opened my eyes, one after the other.

“Well? Why are you telling us that you’re not going?” Jiyong asked.

“You see, that's next Saturday, right?” I asked.

“Uhuh.” I heard Seungri mocked.

“I’m going to visit my parents in Canada. I wasn’t sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter