Surprise!

Home Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I smiled as I realize that I was closely sleeping within the proximity of her.

My best friend.

Dara.

So I snuggled closer and embraced her tighter. She was cradling me like a baby. I was securely tucked in her embrace.

I smiled again. I soon began to take in her fresh scent.

I felt heavenly.

And so, I closed my eyes and tried to lull myself back to sleep hoping to prolong the heavenly feeling of being locked in her arms.

Just then, my bedroom door opened.

“What the?” I heard Seunghyun hyung’s voice trailed from a booming voice to almost a whisper.

Of course, if hyung is around, couldn’t Bom be far behind?

“Seunghyun, let me in!” Bom’s voice squealed as she pushed Seunghyun’s body aside to give her the access to what he had just seen.

I didn’t want to be hollered on and so I continued to act as if I was still sleeping.

Then I felt Seungri stirred from his sleep.

“How come Jiyong is snuggled close with Dara?” Bom asked. Surprisingly she sounded calm.

“I don’t know. As far as I know noona slept in between me and hyung.” Seungri said amid his sleepiness.

“Well we better wake them up.” Seunghyun said.

“What for? Can’t you see that they’re still snuggled close?” Seungri quipped as silent as he could.

I knew then that I had to thank Seungri for that rebuttal. Maybe he was just making up for his teasing last night.

“I really think that they look good together.” Seungri commented.

“Arasseo! You better wake that Jiyong up. I think Dara would have a fit if she wakes up in that position.” Bom was back to her usual self. And so I started to stir and faked them again that I was about to wake up.

“Good, you’re awake!” Bom mused.

“Why are you guys here anyway?” Seungri asked Seunghyun and his girl friend as he pushed himself up from the bed.

“Well we came to deliver something for Jiyong.”  Seunghyun said quietly.

Oh gosh! I almost forgot! And so I started to break free from Dara’s embrace. As much as I still wanted to be cradled in her arms for a while longer, I took a sitting position and motioned to stand up from the bed.

“Thanks hyung.” I said and patted him on the shoulder.

“What exactly did you deliver?” Seungri asked.

“It’s already outside. Come and take a look.” Seunghyun said and led them towards the window.

“Pink?” Was all Seungri could utter.

I knew he was now questioning my uality due to my color preference.

“Not for me, dummy.” I briefly said and smiled at him.

“Oh, for her. Well, if that’s so. It’s cute then.” Seungri blabbered containing his laughter.

“Why don’t you guys go down now and I’ll just try to wake our princess here.” Bom suggested and tried to drive us guys away.

“I’ll do it.” I calmly said.

“Not in this lifetime, Jiyong. By the way we caught you earlier, I don’t trust you anymore.” Bom beamed at me.

“But..”

“ No buts mister. Now go. I know this is your house and all, still..” Bom continued to say.

“Arasseo!!! Let’s go and leave Bom with your princess,  Jiyong.” Seunghyun quipped.

“Okay. But be in a hurry to go down as well. I’ll ask the maids to prepare some breakfast for us.”

***

His mouth was already inches away from mine.

I could feel his breath hitching as he lowered his head. I knew I should stop him but to my surprise, I couldn’t make myself move a muscle.

When Jiyong closed the gap and was only a hairsbreadth away from my lips, I could only utter.

“No!” My hands suddenly pushed him away from me.

“Dara!!! What the hell are you doing?” I was expecting a man’s voice rather than the squealing voice of my girl best friend, Bommie.

I immediately propped myself from the bed and positioned to sit.

“Bommie! What are you doing on the floor?” I asked as I saw her sprawled on the bedroom floor and was rubbing her .

“Well you pushed me!” She angrily eyed at me.

“Mian. Mian. I was, Oh never mind.” I almost told Bommie that I had dreamt of  Jiyong. I hurriedly sat on the bed and reached out my hand to help Bommie up from the floor.

“What were you thinking, huh? I bet you were dreaming.” Bommie prodded. But I didn’t mind her statement.

“I’m really sorry, Bommie. Anyway, what brings you here this early in the day?” I asked trying to switch the topic.

“Oh. Well, you see, Seunghyun picked me up and said that he had to see Jiyong.” Bommie answered with a little hesitation on answering my question.

“Where is he now? And Jiyong and Seungri?” I asked as I searched the entire room for the guys. Then I headed towards Jiyong’s bathroom to change and freshen up.

“They’re already downstairs waiting for us for breakfast.” I heard Bommie eagerly answered.

“You better hurry up so we could join them.” She added.

“Ok, I won’t be long. Just wait for me ok? Don’t go anywhere.” I called back.

In another few minutes, Bom and I were already headed downstairs. We found the guys gathered in the living room downstairs.

“Hey, good morning Lady Dara!” Seungri started to tease me again.

“Well good morning to you too.” I equaled his teasing.

“Did you know that you sleep like a log?” Seungri continued to tease.

“Oh no!” My mind shouted. I panicked as I remembered that I snore. I suddenly felt my cheeks burn and I wondered if Seungri heard any of my snores. That’ll be more reasons for him to tease me.

“Breakfast will be ready in 20 minutes.” I heard Jiyong announce.

“Oh goodie! I’m hungry.” I said.

“But before anything else, Dara, I have a surprise for you.” Jiyong continued to say.

“Surprise? What surprise?” I couldn’t help asking him.

Jiyong didn’t answer my question instead he led me out of the mansion and onto their vast driveway. Just as we were stepping out to the driveway, Jiyong went behind me and covered my eyes with the use of his hands.

“What’s this, Jiyong?” I said as I felt my heart race against my chest.

“It’s a surprise. Just let me lead you ok?” He said.

“I swear Jiyong, if this is some kind of a prank, I’ll kill you!” I knew I was over reacting. But still I couldn’t help feel a little excited about his surprise. We then continue to walk further forward.

“A few more steps.” He said softly.

“I swear, Jiyong. I’ll..” My screaming started to falter when Jiyong took his hands off from covering my eyes.

I really didn’t know what to say upon seeing/knowing his surprise as I took a closer look. I was marveled at the beauty that was in front of me. Then I turned back to face Jiyong.

“What? Are you still going to kill me?” He asked mocking me.

“Is this mine?” I had to ask looking back and forth at him and his surprise.

As I see the Pink colored VW beetle in front of us, I knew that I was smiling like crazy. Who wouldn’t be? For someone like me who could barely afford to make ends meet, I was overwhelmed by this surprise.

“Yup! All yours!” He happily said and handed me the keys to my new car.

“This is too much Jiyong! I,  I can’t take this.” I said and handed him back the keys all the while my eyes were settled on the car.

“What do you mean you can’t? Of course you can. And one more thing, pink is not my color. Can’t take it back.” Jiyong said and gave me back the keys.

“But, how, how can I pay you back for this?” I asked as I sighed.

“How about taking this as an early Christmas gift from me?” He said.

“By the way this thing costs, I’d ran out of Christmases in my lifetime before I’d receive another one from you!” I joked at him.

“A simple thanks would be fine with me.” Jiyong sweetly requested.

I faced him again and smiled at him. I surely didn’t know what possessed me because soon enough I launched myself onto him and gave him a tight hug and then kissed his cheeks. Both cheeks.

“Thank you!” I said still holding onto him.

“Now you owe me a spin.” He said still not releasing me from his hold.

Just then the rest of the group appeared behind us.

“I assume that you liked hyung’s surprise, huh?” Seungri asked with a silly grin on his face.

I jerked away from Jiyong as soon as I heard Seungri’s comment.

“Thanks, Seunghyun hyung for bringing it here this morning.” Jiyong said.

“No problem, bro.”  Seunghyun said.

“Bommie, you knew about this, didn’t you?” I asked as I saw Bommie smiling.

“Well yeah, I really thought that Jiyong is over doing it this time but the thought of your beat up old car. Well, I just have to give in to this.” Bommie explained.

“Speaking of my old beat up car. Where is it Jiyong?” I asked.

“Junk yard. Where it really belongs, Dara.” He answered.

“Oh, well, I didn’t even had the chance to say good bye.” I started to feel down and sorry for my old car. That old car of mine had a lot of good times together.

“Come on now, Dara. I bet its thanking hyung for doing this. Think of it this way, he’ll be able to rest peacefully.” Seungri just couldn’t run out of a silly joke to say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter