The Great Threat

Home Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girls and I couldn’t stop talking about the encounter we had with Won Bin at the supermarket.

“Gawd! You’re so lucky Dara! I think he’s got a crush on you!” Bom excitedly said.

“What do you mean? That’s a silly thought Bommie!” I said as I smiled inwardly at the thought of such a gorgeous guy like Won Bin having a crush on me.

“Of course it’s no such, Unnie. I saw how he eyed you.” Minzy rebutted.

“You guys are way over board on this.” I nonchalantly said.

“If he’s not the least interested in you, then how come he asked for your number?” Bommie asked trying to trap me.

Well I didn’t have an answer to that.

“Yeah, tell us. It’s a good thing that I took the liberty to give him your number. As I can recall you were too dumbfounded to say anything.” Minzy said.

“I was not. I was just..” I tried to search for the right word.

“Just what?” Bommie asked.

“I was just shy. That’s it!” Shy? Bommie and Minzy were right of course. I was too dumbfounded to say anything.

The two shook their heads in disbelief.

“I swear later in the day he’d call you.” Bommie told me.

“And we’ll be at bay when that call comes through.” Minzy assured me.

“Whatever!” I said as I started to pull my car inside the driveway of  Jiyong’s beach house.

***

“They’re here!” I heard Seungri called announcing the arrival of the girls. Seunghyun, Daesung, Youngbae  and I hurriedly went outside to meet them.

“What took you girls so long? We’re famished?” Seunghyun asked obviously annoyed.

“Do you know how hard it is to think of any food that would suit you royal stomach?” Bommie bellowed at her fiancée

“Daesung oppa! You’re here!” Minzy hurriedly ran towards her boyfriend and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Nice to see that everyone’s here.” Dara happily said.

“Well not everybody. Chaerin’s not here.” Seungri said and pouted.

“Oh yeah. Sorry Seungri yah.” Dara immediately said and went towards Seungri to comfort him.

“When is she coming back anyway?” I asked.

“She’ll be back on Tuesday.”  Seungri answered.

“Well, you just have to bear our company then for the time being.” I joked at Seungri.

“So, what have you girls been food shopping or us?” I asked as I tried to rummage through the grocery bags that the girls brought.

“For lunch, we thought you guys would be kind enough to spend time on the grill. We’re having barbeque.” Bommie announced.

“What?” Seunghyun asked in protest.

“But that will take ages to cook. And I’m hungry.” Seunghyun added.

“Come on now, Hyunnie. Just hold on a while. I bought you something to nibble on while you guys cook.” Bom answered.

Seunghyun sulked like a child knowing that there was no other way out of the situation.

“Why don’t you guys start now? Us, girls will fix the rest.” Minzy suggested.

Just as we were about to start doing our chore, I heard someone’s mobile phone ringing. So I turned around to see who it was. Surprisingly, it was Dara’s.

“Who was calling her?” I couldn’t help asking in my thoughts.

Then I saw Minzy and Bom gathered around Dara in absolute excitement.

“Oh Gawd! Dara it’s him! Go on and answer it!” Bom prodded.

Him? Who’s him? I surprisingly jetted myself towards the three girls trying to know who her caller was.

"Yoboseyo?” Dara answered.

I saw her placing her pointer finger against her lips to shush the two girls beside her who were already squealing with excitement.

I did the next best thing and took Minzy by the hand and led her a few feet away from Bom and Dara.

“Who’s calling her?” I simply asked.

Then I noticed that Seunghyun hyung, Seungri, Youngbae and  Daesung were also waiting close by to hear Minzy’s answer.

“Well you guys will never believe it. We met Won Bin at the grocery earlier.” Minzy answered excitedly.

“Won Bin who?” I couldn’t help asking. I didn’t have any idea whoever the guy is.

“Who was that again?” Seunghyun asked.

“Won Bin.” Minzy repeated.

“Who the hell is he?” I asked.

“He’s an actor.” Seungri answered for Minzy.

“You know him?” I asked Seungri as I looked at him.

“I’ve heard of him yeah. And I often see him on entertainment pages.  Seungri supplied.

“Fine. But why is he calling Dara?” I can’t stop myself from asking.

“He asked for Unnie’s number.” Minzy answered.

“And she readily gave it to him?” I continued to ask.

“Actually, no. I gave it to him.” Minzy replied.

“What?!” My voice hitched a little in disbelief.

“I think he likes Unnie. You should have seen him staring at her. He even said Unnie’s beautiful. Not that I’m saying that she isn’t cause we all know that she is. But, it came from Won Bin. That’s a different thing.” Minzy said rapidly which made her catch her breath as she finished her statement.

I turned back to look at Dara.

“Ask him if he wants to have barbeque with us, Dara.”  I heard Bom suggest to Dara.

Then I saw Dara hesitate a little but with Bom’s prodding at her side, she gave in.

“My friend Bommie wants me to ask if you could come join us for a late lunch. My friends and I are having barbeque.” I heard Dara say.

After a few seconds, I sawDara do the thumbs up sign towards Bom.

***

“Minzy! He’s coming over!!!” Bom squealed happily.

“Ei you! What are you so excited about?” Seunghyun asked with his brow slightly arched.

Bom started gathering herself up and controlled her giddiness.

“Well, we asked Won Bin to join us for our barbeque thing this afternoon. I hope you guys don’t mind.”  answered.

“Oh the actor.” Seunghyun said.

“Yes!” Bom couldn’t help replying dreamily.

“Stop acting like that, okay?” Seunghyun told her.

“Sorry, can’t help it.” Bom said.

“Dara Unnie! Fill us in. What did he say?” Minzy asked.

“Well for one thing, I found out that he just lives next to us.” I told the group.

“Wow! That’s good!” Minzy said.

“Apparently, he saw my pink beetle as he passed by. And then that’s when he called me up.”  I said casually.

“He said he’ll be here in an hour.”  I added.

“Dara! You’re so lucky. Won Bin is a price catch.” I heard Bommie said.

I just smiled trying to hide my own excitement. And then I caught Jiyong at the corner of my eye. He was just listening on our conversation with an obvious frown on his face.

“So, you invited him over, huh?” He asked.

“Yup. I hope you don’t mind.” I said.

“Of course he doesn’t. Why would he, huh?” It was Seungri who answered for Jiyong.

“That’s good then. I guess I have to freshen up now. I’ll see you half an hour from now.” I said as I grabbed my bag and went towards the stairs.

“Your room is the one to your left. It’s the second one.” I heard Seungri called from behind.

“Ok, thanks.” I called back.

***

An hour later, the barbeque was almost done and we were about to have our late lunch when I heard Dara’s mobile phone ring again.

I need not ask who it was for I somehow knew it was the Won Bin guy.

“He’s here!” I heard Dara said.

“Bommie, Minzy! Come on let’s meet him out front.” Dara said.

After a few minutes, the girls appeared with a tall guy behind them dressed in his casual jeans and plain white crew neck shirt.

”Bommie, I brought something for desert. It’s just cake.” The Won Bin guy said.

“You shouldn’t have bothered bringing something. But thanks anyway.” Bom said happily.

“So, this is Won Bin.” I told myself.

“Guys, I’d like you all to meet Won Bin.” I heard Dara introduce the guy.

“Won Bin, meet Choi Seunghyun, Bommie’s  fiancée, Kang Daesung, Minzy’s boyfriend, Dong Youngbae, Lee Seungri and Kwon Jiyong my best friend.” Dara continued.

As Dara did the introduction, my four best buds shook hands with him. As for me,  well I just gave him a curt nod to acknowledge his presence.

“It’s nice that you could join us in such short notice, Won Bin ssi.” Minzy said politely.

“Well, I’m glad to be invited.” He replied with a smile.

“So, can we now start eating?” Seunghyun couldn’t help asking.

“Yes, yes of course.” Bom said.

Everybody took a seat on the long table that the girls set. Won Bin took the seat between me and Dara. And this made an awful annoyance in my part.

“Well, I hope you’ll enjoy the meal.” I heard Dara said to Won Bin.

“I’m sure I will. Thanks for inviting me.” Won Bin said and touched Dara’s hand that was rested on the table.

I saw that!!! My head started to throb wildly.

“Ummm, Dara, could you pass the sauce please?” I knew I had to say something to catch her attention.

“Oh sure, here you go.” She said as she handed me the sauce.

“Thanks. And the corn please.” I said. Then she handed me the platter of corn.

“If I’m not mistaken, you’re an actor, right?” Seungri asked our guest trying to break the ice.

“Yes, I am.” Won Bin answered quietly.

“So, what brings you here?” I calmly asked.

“Well, I just bought a house here and I thought of taking a weekend break from my schedule so, here I am.” He answered.

“Really? It’s your first time here?” Youngbae asked.

“Ummm, no. I’ve been here a couple of times now in which I stayed at my agent’s house before I considered buying the lot beside this.” He informed us.

“Oh I see, are you here alone?”  Daesung asked this time.

“Well, it’s just me and my dog Baxter.” He answered.

“I’m really glad that I met you girls at the supermarket. I mean, it was kinda getting pretty lonely by myself.” Won Bin said.

“Well for sure some of your fans are just lurking around waiting to have a glimpse of you.” Bom said timidly blushing.

“Actually, that’s what I’m really trying to avoid. I made it a point that I took off as quietly as I can when I went here.” He replied.

“I suppose sooner or later some of them will find out where you’ve been hiding out.” Dara told him.

“Maybe. But I hope not.” He said and just smiled.

Won Bin, as I’ve gathered was some sort of a nice guy. But I just can’t help being annoyed at the mere sight of him. I can’t believe that Bom, Minzy and Dara are getting giddy over the guy.

I mean, who needs him when Bigbang are already with them? If it’s just the looks, well, I’d have to say that we’re better looking than him.

I’m better looking than him.

Popularity? Bigbang’s more popular than him.

I’m more popular than him.

Thankfully, lunch was over within an hour. I was so glad that I even offered to help clean up the table. I thought that the Won Bin guy was on his way back to his home after having lunch with us. But then I was wrong. Dara offered him a piece of the cake that he brought for desert. Well, almost everyone took a piece except for myself. I didn’t feel like eating anymore. As a matter of fact, I didn’t eat muc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter