Meet Your Match

Home Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As far as I’m concerned, it should be one of the least things that should be bothering me. But what can I do? Ever since we left the beach house last Sunday afternoon, the Won Bin guy had been the topic of these three insane women that I know. And it has been 3 whole days now.

I sat on my swivel office chair and forced myself to at least review some of the documents for my afternoon meeting today. I was honestly seeing words, phrases, sentences, paragraphs but I just couldn’t make some sense out of them. It started to irritate me and so I placed back the document on top of my desk and took out my mobile phone from my suit pocket.

“Yoboseyo? Jiyong!” As I heard her singsong voice at the other end of the line, I suddenly felt happy.

“Hi! How’re things at your end?” I just asked.

“Fine. Not much work. How about you?” She asked back.

“Same. Loads of work to be done.” I answered.

“Hey, how about catching a movie with me tonight?” I didn’t know what made me ask her that for in fact we’re not that fond of watching movies at movie houses. We usually watch DVDs at the comfort of my place.

“Sorry. I can’t.” I heard her say.

“You can’t? Why? Are you doing something else tonight?” I felt my brows began lacing.

“Ummm, I’m going out tonight.”

“So where are you and the girls going this time, huh?” I was quick to ask.

“I’m not going with the girls tonight.” She answered.

“What? What do you mean?” I asked in much curiosity.

“I’m going out with Won Bin tonight.”

“On a date?” I was now furious.

“He asked me last night. So, yes. It’s a real date this time.” She said almost dreamily.

“But you barely know the guy.”I protested.

“Well, tonight I’ll get to know him better.” She said.

“What do you mean by getting to know him better?” I was more than furious this time.

“Kwon Jiyong! Stop acting like my dad, okay? I’m quite of age now. So please.”  Dara must have sensed panic in me.

“Ok, fine. I’m sorry. So where did he say he’s taking you?” I really needed to know.

“I’m not sure. Actually I don’t have an idea.” She answered.

“Look, Jiyong.I need to go. I have a deadline to catch.” I heard her say. I wanted to ask her more questions but I knew she didn’t want me to fuzz about her date more.

“Okay.” I uttered.

“I’ll see you sometime soon, okay?” She said.

“Okay. When?” I didn’t know what possessed me to ask her but I just needed to know.

“Maybe when we both have free time. That ok with you?” She asked.

“I could drop by later tonight.” I said.

“Kwon Jiyong! I have a date, remember?” She said feeling a little annoyed.

“Oh yeah, I forgot.” I answered.

“Bye, Jiyong!” She bade.

“Bye!” She had hang up even before I could say good-bye to her.

I can’t believe she’s really going out with that Won Bin guy.

“It isn’t her.  He’s not even her type.” I slowly ran a hand on my hair to keep it out of my face.

“So what exactly does Dara look for in a guy if it’s not that Won Bin guy?” I started to ask myself with much wonder.

“Hmmm.” I tapped a finger against my chin and continued to think.

For one thing, she liked me before.  I mean, she did profess her love to me once. I started to smile as I recalled the past, thinking that she offered herself to me wanting to have my full service that I was, I mean, I am noted for. And honestly speaking, I am not near like that Won Bin guy that she’ll be dating tonight. I’m better than him. I mean I look much better than him. So what if he’s an actor? I bet he could hardly act. He’s just another wallpaper on the screen.

Then something got me worried.

Is he a playboy like I am? What if he turns out to be one? And treats Dara good at first and then after a few dates, he’d just forget about her. What then?

I know right there and then that I need to do something to at least protect her. I had to do something.

“But what?” So I continued to think and had actually forgotten that I still need to review a document that would be our topic of discussion with my afternoon meeting.

***

I honestly didn’t think that it’d be such a hard task choosing the right thing to wear for a date. I glanced at my bedroom clock and found that I have a little less than an hour left to prepare myself before my date arrives.

Before Won Bin arrives.

Well, in case of emergencies like this, there’s only one person I had in mind that would surely help me in my dilemma. So, I called for reinforcements.

Gong Minzy.

She arrived at my flat an hour ago with my other best friend in tow.

“Here, why don’t you try this one? He did say that you two would be dining somewhere fancy right?” Minzy asked after she handed me one of her dresses that she brought with her. The dress was really gorgeous in velvety black. It was long and really y. But it wasn’t me.

“I really think that it’s gorgeous Minzy, but it may be too much for me. I mean it isn’t me. If you know what I mean.” I was getting really frustrated about this because the black dress was the third dress that she had shown me that I didn’t feel like wearing.

“Don’t worry Unnie I still have two more dresses for you.” She must have seen my frustration for her to console me like such.

“Maybe I should just cancel.” I heard myself say.

“What? You just don’t cancel dates with a guy as gorgeous as Won Bin.” Minzy nearly jumped on me.

“And what may I ask will be your reason for canceling? Huh?” Bommie asked.

“I’m sick?” I shyly said. I knew that was such a lame excuse for he knows that I sounded okay when we talked over the phone earlier.

“Dara Unnie . Come on, girl. You have to go. You need to go.” Minzy said holding up a pretty red tube dress towards me.

“I think that one would look good on you.” Bommie said to encourage me.

“You think?” I had to ask.

“Try it on.” Minzy said.

And so I did.

As I tried to examine myself wearing the knee length fitted dress I started to smile.

“See? Didn’t I tell you that it’d look good on you?” Bommie asked.

I had to agree. The red dress didn’t reveal much flesh unlike the other ones that Minzy brought.

“Fits like a glove. I have to be honest that that dress looks better on you than it did with me.” Minzy said.

“Now, that I’m not believing!” I told Minzy. As far as I know nothing would look bad on her. With her model like stature, she can get away with any sort of clothing that she’d wear. No matter how classy, y, rugged, Minzy would always look good wearing them. And this is one of the things that Bommie and I envy about her.

“You do have a red shoes to complete the ensemble, right?” Jing asked.

“Minzy, have you forgotten that this friend of ours is a shoe ?” Bommie joked trying to make a point.

”Wait, I think I remember a particular shoes that you have that might just go well with that.” Minzy said and disappeared going to my closet.

She came back with one of my red strappy sandals.

“The dress might not be that y but that shoes are.” Bommie noted.

“Now that we have taken care of the dress and shoes, it’s time for us to do your hair and make up.” Minzy announced.

And so, we proceeded doing just that. We opted for lighter shades of red and a pale pink blusher for my cheeks. As for my hair, we opted to hold it up in a French knot with a few soft tendrils that was curled on both sides.

Just as we were about to put on some finishing touches, the doorbell rang.

“OMO! He’s here!” Minzy’s voice suddenly escalated.

“Shush, Minzy! He might hear you squealing!” Bom advised her friend.

“Do I look fine now?” I tried to ask calmly.

“Don’t worry, you look gorgeous. Now why don’t I get the door for you? Stay here so that it won’t be obvious th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter