Grubs and Suds

Home Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And so the week begins.

I was trying to fix my things around my desk when I heard my boss say that my work is done for the day and that I can take the rest of the day off. I know I should be glad for I can come home early and rest. But then I got kinda worried.

I tried to look around and saw that the rest of my officemates are still busy doing something.

“Am I being laid off?” I couldn’t help asking quietly.

“Am I not doing a good job here at the office?” Slowly, I felt myself close to tears. This is my first job. And I haven’t been here that long. As I let myself slump down my chair again, I heard my mobile phone ringing.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Dara!”

“Jiyong? What’s up?”

“Ready to go home now?” He asked.

“What do you mean?” I had to ask him.

“Do you need a ride home?” I heard him ask.

“Oh yes, I do.” Then suddenly it struck me. Today is the first day of having him as my slave. So I got excited all of a sudden. I turned to open my organizer and went on to the page where I have scribbled out his name.

I now have my week with him.

As my slave.

My very own Jiyong slave.

I suddenly felt my lips curve into a smile and felt giddy and excited at the same time.

“So, what do you have in store for me as your beck and call for this day, huh?” He asked.

“You’re not my beck and call. You’re my slave, remember?”  I had to remind him.

“Fine! Slave it is.”  He softly giggles as he says this.

“Okay. Pick me up in an hour. We’re doing the groceries today.” I said.

“Okay, I’ll be there. See yah okay? Can I just meet you downstairs so I don’t have to find a place to park anymore?”

“Really now? Or are you just trying to avoid your exes here?” I asked.

“Not really. So, I’ll just see you later okay?”He asked.

“Sure, no problem.. I casually answered him.

And with that we ended our call.

***

I immediately saw her waiting for me in front of her office building. This time I wasn’t late at all.

She was just early. I was even 5 minutes early than our agreed time to meet.

“Hey, hop on!”  I told her as soon as I stopped my new SUV beside her.

I saw her eyes grew big and almost popped out from its socket as she saw my new Bentley.

“Wow! Nice wheels! When did you buy this?” She asked.

“I bought it last week. It just got delivered this morning. And since we’re doing the groceries, I thought we needed more space to put the bags in. So do you like it?”

“You’re such a show off you know that? Now I’m beginning to miss my car!” She pouted her lips as she said this.

As much as I want to see her pouting her beautiful bow-like lips, I don’t want to see her sad.

“Oh come on now, Dara. Why don’t we head to the grocery store and get your groceries done.” I quickly said as I try to sound excited.

Fine! I’m not excited about doing the groceries for her but I’m excited doing it with her. See the difference?

In another few minutes, we were already pushing the cart from isle after isle. We had already put in some necessary and unnecessary things inside the cart.

Then we were at the women’s toiletries. I never thought that women had to have so much stock for their toiletries. She got some shampoos, bath soaps, bath tissues, facial creams, toothpaste,  name it and she was already throwing it in our cart.

“Why in heaven’s name do you need so much sanitary napkins?” I asked as she was shoving down a number of sanitary napkin packs inside the cart.

“Because, well, I’m a girl, Kwon Jiyong.” She answered back.

“Does your period exceed more than the three day usual cycle?” I asked actually surprising her with my knowledge of the said topic.

“Do you mind if we not talk about that? It’s really personal. But if you’re really interested to know, I don’t exceed the three day cycle so that means I’m normal, okay?” I noticed that Dara was getting conscious about the topic and that she was already blushing.

“I didn’t say that you were abnormal or something.” I said trying to more. I guess I really like teasing her.

“Whatever!!!” Dara said and then I saw her roll her eyes on me.

“Ok now, I’m done here.” I heard her say and then she motioned me to push the cart towards the end of the line of the cashier.

“What? That’s it?” Opppssss! I probably said the wrong thing cause in front of me were two large carts full of groceries.

I started to ask myself, we shopped all these? And it’s just her in her apartment.

“Wait, are you trying to feed the Salvation Army with all these frozen dinners?” I asked as I lifted one from the other cart that she pushed in front of the one I was pushing.

“No!” She answered giving me a playful smile.

“Are you bringing home a guy whenever I’m not around?” I asked out of curiosity.

“Actually, I’m just thinking of stocking up.”  She said.

“On frozen foods? Don’ t you ever want to learn how to cook?”

“As if you know how to!” She smirked at me.

“As a matter of fact I do.” I had to tell her.

“Really? Then how come you never cook for me?”

Me and my big mouth!!!

“Oh well, didn’t cross my mind. Maybe I’ll cook dinner for you sometime.” I told her.

“How about tomorrow?” She asked.

“Nah. I can’t. I have a date tomorrow night.”

“What? This is supposed to be my week. You’re my slave!”

I saw her pouting and suddenly I felt the urge to kiss her pout away. So I quickly shrugged the thought off.

“I’ll be at your flat bright and early tomorrow. Er, after office I mean. But I could be there sometime after lunch.” I tried to assure her.

“Fine! You’re doing my laundry for me tomorrow!” She quickly said and pushed her cart forward.

“What? Nah-ah!!!” I said as I shook my head sideways.

“Yes you will! You owe me!”

“Can’t you think of another slavery act other than doing your laundry?” I wanted to beg her. But then I thought I was already begging her.

“Jiyong, you’re supposed to be my slave. And you’re supposed to do as I tell you. And so you’re doing my laundry tomorrow.” She said as she poked my cheeks.

“Fine! But you have to do it with me.” I told her.

“Sure sure!!!”  She said and turned to push her cart further towards the cashier. Then she started to unload her cart.

After unloading both of the carts that we were pushing, she turned to me raising her hand with her palms up towards me and said,

“Card please!” She said nonchalantly.

“What on earth for?” I questioned her.

“I need your card to pay for the groceries. What else?” She said oh so casually.

“I’m paying for these?” I cringe at her statement but nonetheless I was reaching for my wallet inside my jacket.

As soon as I opened my wallet, I saw her peeping beside me. I was about to take out my Citibank card but then I felt her hand brush past mine and took out my AMEX card.

I shook my head when I saw her hand the cashier my card.

“Ok, I’ll just wait for you at McDonald’s.” I heard her say and then took off abruptly.

“Hey! Wait!” But she was already meter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter