Dilemma

Home Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coming back home.

I really am not sure if I am as eager going back to Korea. For one thing, my so-called vacation was just too short. I didn’t have much time to visit the place that I wanted. That was because of my best friend’s untimely visit. I was really shocked upon receiving his call one evening announcing that he was in Canada.

But anyway, I was still glad that he did follow me there. That way, I could still see him.

So, going back to my dilemma.

I realized that once we come back home, Jiyong and I would soon begin our search for his “masked lady.” It shouldn’t really bother me cause I know that he can search the whole of Seoul as much as he wants to but he’d still end up not finding her.

I figured I could just make him search for her for sometime. Okay, I’[ll try giving him a hand. But what gives me a little excitement all though this is the fact that I’d be able to see the little lost boy look on his face again as his search narrows down to almost nothing.

So for the mean time, I’d say I’d like to enjoy seeing Jiyong at his feet searching for me. Well, the “masked lady” I mean.

I could feel the silly grin on my face as I try to picture Jiyong desperate and all. That would surely be a laugh for me.

But first things first.

I need to make an important call.

“Minzy!!!”

“OMG! Dara unnie, is that you? Where are you?” She asked. I realized that she was surprised by my call.

“Yes it’s me, Minzy. I’m back in Seoul. Actually I just got home.” I said.

“I’ve been wanting to call you.” She said. I know she wanted to know if  Jiyong was with me in Canada.

“Jiyong and I just got here about an hour ago.” I supplied for her.

“So, how’s everything?” She asked.

“Fine. Really. Minzy?”

“Yes?”

“Thanks for not saying anything to anybody about what happened back in Hong Kong.” I told her.

“Hey, that was nothing. Actually, I had fun keeping the secret myself. Although I almost spilled a little of it with Daesung. Thank gawd he was still sleepy then.” She said sighing a relief.

“I’m sorry to put you through this.” I said.

“So, when are you telling him? I mean do you have any plans to even letting Jiyong oppa know that it was you that night?” She asked.

“Ummm, maybe I will. But not yet. He asked me to help him find the “masked lady.”

“I can’t believe that oppa is really clueless about this. I mean I couldn’t believe that he didn’t get to recognize you.” She said.

“Well, thanks to you. You transformed me into someone unrecognizable.” I congratulated her.

“Honestly Unnie, you should have seen how helpless he looked trying to find that “masked lady”. His expression was so damn priceless.” I heard Minzy chuckling at the end of the line.

“Oh I’m sure it was.” I laughed with her.

“So, I’m sure you’ll be starting your hunt for that “masked lady” soon, right?” She asked.

“We will be.” I said.

“Well good luck to you then.” She said.

“Thanks, Jiyong needs that more than I do! I’ll just see you soon, okay? Perhaps we can meet up another day and do some shopping?” I asked.

“Sure thing. Just give me a holler when, okay?”

“I will. Bye. And thanks again, Minzy.”

“Anytime. Bye. See you.”

After ending the call, I bounced back to unpacking my things.

***

Sure!

It has been three days now since Dara and I had returned from Canada. We’re meeting the rest of the group at Club NB for our usual Friday night out. This will be the first time that we’ll be meeting them after our trip.

As usual, I came to pick Dara up from her apartment.

“What the hell are those?” I asked Dara as soon as I saw 1 large paper bag and 2 other medium ones that she was carrying.

“Well, these are some things that I bought for our friends back in Canada. Don’t you even remember that you were with me when I shopped for these?” She asked me while tossing the paper bags at the backseat of my Bentley.

“Oh yeah!” I stupidly replied.

“So now you remembered, huh? What’s with you anyway?” Dara asked while she tried to buckle her seatbelt.

“What do you mean?” I questioned her.

“Uh-duhhhh!!! You seem not to be yourself. How come?” She asked me.

“Me? Of course I am so.” I tried composing myself.

Was I that obvious? I mean I know I’ve been quite off from my usual self since the “masked lady” happened to me. But I didn’t realize that I was that transparent.

Well I guess I am to Dara cause she knew me the best inside and out.

But still.

“Oh okay. Lemme guess. She’s (the “masked lady”) been on your mind still. Am I right or am I right?” She asked quite sarcastically.

“Hmmmmm, not really.” I guess I was just embarrassed to admit it to her.

“Really now? C’mon Jiyong. I know you too damn well not to know if something or rather someone’s been hogging your mind.” Dara said.

“Fine! She still haunts me.” There, I openly admitted to her.

I just hope she’s happy.

“Haunts you, huh? So, have you tried looking for your “masked lady” since we got back home?” She asked me.

I shook my head sideways to answer her question.

“And you expect to find her while you’re sitting out your on your office chair doing nothing?” She told me.

“I don’t know. I really have no idea how I could find her.” I heard myself give out a deep breath.

My hopes of finding my “masked lady” started to go down in smokes.

“Look, if you’re thinking that she’s just gonna show up one day at your doorstep saying “Hey, it’s me. Your masked lady. Go on kiss me and you’ll remember.” It ain’t gonna happen Ji. You have to make it happen. That is if you really want to find her. If not, you’re just wasting your time.” She pointed out on me.

I fell silent.

Dara does have a point. I may never find my “masked lady” until I start making my moves.

But what moves? Am I losing it now all-together just because of one kiss?

“Can I ask you something?” I heard her voice soften.

“What?” I looked back at her.

“Do you really want to find her?” She asked.

I gave her question a lengthy pause before I willed myself to answer her.

“I guess so.”

“That’s not exactly what I was expecting from you.” She said.

“Yes. I do. I want to find her.” I immediately added.

There was something in the way that she was talking that had me convinced that I do want to find that girl that I danced and shared a kiss with.

“That’s better.” She murmured.

“Hey, how come I feel that you’re sort of pushing me to go and look for her?” I questioned her sudden enthusiasm on the task that she bid me to do.

“Because.” Dara paused and gave out a sigh.

“Because I can’t stand seeing you like this. And who knows? She just might be the woman for you.” She continued.

What Dara said had struck me real hard. For all I know, I won’t mind not finding that “masked lady” for I already have one of the best girl that any guy can have. Suddenly I feel torn.

Maybe I should just take back what I said about wanting to find that woman at the event in HK. What if that woman turns out to be someone that I won’t get along after sometime?

It was just a kiss anyway.

I gave Dara another quick glance and much to my surprise, I felt somehow content with just having her beside me. And so I reached out my hand and held hers that was rested on top of her knees.

Now talk about having a dilemma.

“Oh GAWD help me!”

I think I need a miracle to get through this.

***

“So how was Canada?” My eager girl-best friend asked me as soon as we got settled inside our usual booth at Club NB.

“Fine. The same. By the way, my parents send their well wishes to both of you on your marriage.” I told Bommie.

“Please thank them from both me and Seunghyun.” Bommie said.

“Ei, hyung! How was your vacation as well? Seems to me that you can’t stand having noona far fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter