What Happens Now?

Home Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Never in my young adult life had I ever experienced such a splitting headache. As I tried to open my eyes, I instantly got blinded by the stream of light coming from the window so I opted to keep them shut for the time being. With my eyes closed, I then tried to push myself up to a sitting position in the bed.

My hand flung to my forehead. I cringe as I move more than an inch from my lying position.

I tried to move again.

“This time my complaints weren’t just because of the unbearable headache that I have. My hand left my forehead and rubbed a sore part on my hip area. Then I tried moving my legs to position myself better on the bed.

 My thighs felt a bit sore too. So I stopped moving.

My hand flew back on my forehead, my fingers massaging my temple hoping that the gesture would lessen the pain.

“I swear! I’ll never drink alcohol again!” I grunted at the thought.

But does hangover comes with muscle pain as well? How come parts of my body ache too?

“Damn those alcohol!!!” I cursed.

After a while, I braved myself to open my eyes again. Slowly this time. Lifting my heavy lids and started to get accustomed with the sunlight inside the room.

SUCCESS!!!

Seeing familiar things within my view, I knew that I was inside my own bedroom.

Just then, another realization struck me and had me confused. I immediately assessed myself and lifted the sheets that covered my body. My almost body.

My gaze shifted and saw another familiar figure beside me on my bed.

It was Jiyong sleeping with only his boxers on.

“OMG! OMG! OMG!” My mind shouted.

I looked under the sheets again bringing it over my head. I still had my thongs on.

“Phewwwwwwww!!!”

My head started to throb and the muscle pains began to worsen. I was moving too much.

I cringe again feeling the pain on my head hips and thighs all at the same time.

I closed my eyes again and took a deep breath. I tried to process everything that I was feeling and with what I saw.

1.headache --- hangover --- alcohol

2.bed --- apartment

3. Jiyong asleep beside me --- ?

4. under the sheets --- ??

5.sore hip and thighs --- ???

My mind could only take so much information with the state that I was in. Thoughts after thoughts started to rain my mind.

This time I tried to recall the things that happened the day before at Bommie and Seunghyun’s wedding.

I remember Jiyong making fun of me at the wedding reception and getting mad at him for being such a git. I remember catching the bouquet. I remember Jiyong putting the garter that he caught up my leg. I remember the dinner at the Choi Mansion. I remember dancing with Seunghyun, Daesung, Youngbae, Seungri and Jiyong.

I clearly remember when Jiyong asked if we’ve ever danced before the way we did last night. And I oh so recall the way it felt being in his arms again as we danced. And the almost kiss that happened.

“Gawd! That was close!” But I wish it did happen.

“Hmmmm. What else?” I questioned myself.

Well I remember drinking so much, which is why I’m having this terrible headache.

I willed myself more to remember what happened next. But dang! I just couldn’t. My memory after that has totally evaded me.

Obviously, it was Jiyong who had brought me home. As to how and when, I don’t have the slightest clue.

Now I’m lying in bed with not much that could pass as a decent clothing with Jiyong sleeping beside me. I couldn’t help wondering what really did happen.

“Why am I not wearing anything other than my undies?” I saw the gown that I was wearing on the floor as if it was just tossed carelessly.

What’s with the soreness that I am feeling on some parts of my body?

“Has Jiyong seen my ness?”

Arggggghhh!

“Of course silly! He is lying beside you, isn’t he?”I berated with my thoughts.

“Did we?!?” I couldn’t make myself think further.

“Oh Gawd!!!” I sighed heavily.

I suddenly felt conscious about myself and held on to the sheets tighter hugging it closer to my body.

“If we did, maybe that’s the reason why I’m feeling so sore. But how come I don’t remember? I didn’t feel a thing. Was I that drunk not to be aware of anything at all?” I questioned myself.

“Darn it! How could I not remember? I can’t believe that I didn’t feel anything!” Did I just sound desperate? Disappointed?

Maybe I felt both desperate and disappointed. I’ve always wondered how it would be like being intimate with someone. I’ve always wondered (alright, I’ve always wanted not just wondered!) how it would be like doing “IT” with Jiyong. After all, he’s been noted to be really great in bed.

I can’t believe that I was so toxic with alcohol when I had my first chance with “”. What am I to tell my children and grandchildren if they ask about my first time?

“Oh, the guy who nailed me was one of Seoul’s most sought after bachelor/playboy of my time. And the ? Ohhh, I can’t really remember cause I was so drunk when it happened.” I can even picture it now in my head.

“Great! Just great,Dara! Your grandchildren will surely have fun laughing at you.” I uttered quietly in dismay.

Jiyong ‘s slight movement on the bed disrupted my thoughts. In panic, I closed my eyes and pretended to be still sleeping. After a second or two, I felt his arms wrap around my waist under the sheets. I felt his breath against my neck as he rested his head just a little above my .

“Oh Gawd!” I called mentally.

Jiyong started to lightly rub his cheek against my skin. A smile was visible on his lips.

Judging from the smile on his face, I’d say he had a good time deizing me.

At least one of us can actually smile and remember about it. I wonder how it went? Was he really that good? Did I do my part as well? Maybe I could ask him about it, well maybe not “ask,” perhaps I could squeeze some info from him about what happened last night. But will I possibly have the guts to do that? I’m afraid I won’t even be able to look straight into his eyes, much more ask and talk about what happened with us.

“God please! Enlighten me.” I prayed.

Another movement escaped from Jiyong.

I continued pretending to be still sleeping when I felt a light touch on the tip of my nose. Obviously he was already awake.

His finger tracing slightly irritated me so I listlessly swatted and pushed his hand away from my nose.

“Good morning princess!” I heard him say after which he moved his head and kissed the side of my neck which he had been nuzzling for some time now.

“PRINCESS?” Now he’s calling me princess?

Gawd!

***

I breathed in a sigh as I wrap my arms around her.

Never in my young adult life have I ever had such a good night’s sleep until last night, or should I say, sometime around dawn today? Even if it was just a few hours’ time of shuteye, I feel better than ever!

I feel happy. Actually, I am really happy. Never been this happy as far as I can remember.

I feel exhilarated!

I feel rejuvenated!

I feel GREAT!!!

Mind you, not even a good night of mindless wild could ever suffice or describe how elated I am feeling right now.

“Now that’s more than GREAT!” I couldn’t help but agree. My mind wanted to shout as if I was on top of a mountain.

As I lay down beside Dara last night, I had every intentions of lulling myself to sleep. I guess I had so many things swarming inside my mind that I found myself still wide awake after sometime of staying beside her.

I had mixed emotions as I try to assess everything that has happened. I knew quite well that everything would be different between Dara and I after this.

“Hmmm, what should I do then?” I had asked myself.

That thought kept me most of the night up until I finally came up with a plan. I wonder if she’d remember what happened last night when I took her home.

“I doubt it.” I honestly doubt it.

As far as I know, Dara was never a heavy drinker. And with the way that she was last night, she just had way too many to drink. More than she could handle I should say, that’s why she acted the way she did last night.

And if that’s the case, everything will be all up to me to tell her what had happened. I could tell her what exactly had happened. Or, Hmmmmm, I could tell her more than what had happened. She wouldn’t know right? But that would have to depend on how far can she recall on what had happened.

Let’s just wait and see.

“Morning Princess!” I repeated in my mind.

I felt her pushing my hand away from her nose and knew then that she will be waking up anytime soon.

I started to lift and inch myself away from her a little.

“Dee!” I softly called her name.

She didn’t budge.

“Dara!” I called again.

And then I saw her lift her lids open in slow motion.

“Good morning!” I said as I brought my head down and kissed her on the forehead.

Dara gave me one of her usual grouchy morning grunts coupling it with her laced eyebrows.

“How are you feeling?” I asked her.

She gave me a blank stare.

“How’s the hangover?” I asked in clarification.

“Worse.” She managed to answer.

“I’ll get you something to relieve that headache, okay?” I told her.

“You stay right here.” I added.

But just before I could make myself stand up from the bed, Dara placed a hand on my arm.

“Wait.”

I looked at her and waited for what she has to say.

“Ummm, could you tell me how I got here first? The last thing that I remember is that I was still at Seunghyun’s mansion.” I heard her say.

I didn’t expect that I’d know the extent of her memory loss this early.

“You don’t remember?” I asked.

She shook her head lightly.

“I took you, uh, home last night!!!” I answered.

“That’s pretty obvious.” Dara answered in a low tone and let out an audible cry because of her headache.

“Can we continue this after I got you something for that hangover?” I told her. I need to buy time for me to be able to think of what my next move would be now that I’m aware of how little she remembers of what happened last night. I didn’t wait for her reply and walked out from her bedroom.

I took my time in the kitchen as I got Dara something to relieve her hangover. Like I said, I was buying time, just enough for me to think of something” A plan.

“Hmmm.” I uttered as I continued stirring the ale in the glass that I prepared for Dara.

Clearly, I had two options.

First, is just to say it outright to her what had “really” happened last night. No more no less.

The second is to still tell her what had happened “and” add a little bit more details. Just to spice it up a bit I should say. Maybe I should just let her ask me about what had happened and then that’ll be the time when I’d tell her my piece of the story.

I think my second option sounded better than the first one. Doncha think?

“Or am I being mean if I did that?” I couldn’t help asking myself. It’s not as if I’d be lying to her. I’d still be telling her the truth it’s just that I’ll be putting a little more fringes here and there. Oh, you know what I mean!

I started to sport this silly smile as this thought ran through my mind.

“Can’t wait for her reactions on what I’m about to reveal to her.” My smile got wider this time.

“Okay Jiyong! Get your gears ready cause here goes nothing.” I reminded myself before I headed back to Dara’s room.

***

“Think Dara! Think! Harderrrrr!!!” I reprimanded my subconscious mind.

I closed my eyes lightly and waited a few seconds for possible memory gain. But dang!!! This hangover is making it difficult for me to recall the events that happened the night before.

And instead of bits and pieces of information, I begin to see Jiyong’s silly smile that was pasted on his face. I first saw it first while he was still sleeping and saw more of it when he woke up.

“Thinking about this is really starting to frustrate me.” I sighed inwardly.

“What’s with the smile?” I asked myself. Did I do something really comical last night? Did I humiliate myself because of my drunken state? What?

“Think Dara! Think!”

Arrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!

Whatever it is that I did or didn’t do, I just have to bear with it. Knowing Jiyong, if I did something funny last night, he’d go around barking at me with that story. I wouldn’t be hearing the last of it. He’d be teasing me endlessly about it.

“But what if that’s not the case? What then?” I questioned.

“Then you still have to face it and live with the consequence of whatever it is that had brought you into that situation.” My mind told me.

“I’ll never ever want to be near any kind of alcohol as long as I’m living!” I promised myself as I gave out a ruffled sigh under the sheets.

Just then I saw Jiyong walk back inside my bedroom with a glass in his hand. Unconsciously, I held on to the sheets closer to my body (if that was still possible cause I’m sure I was already clutching on it ever so tightly on my body!).

“Finish this up. This would make you feel better.” I heard him say as he settled himself on his part of my bed before he handed me the glass that he was holding.

“What’s that?” I asked not really making myself move from my lying position.

“Just something that I concocted for that hangover of yours.” He replied.

“How does that thing taste?” I asked.

“Not really that tasty. But I can assure you that it’ll lessen your headache.” He said smiling.

Dang!!! There goes his gummy smile again.

Without being given any other choice, I slightly lifted myself up from my lying position and moved up to sit on the bed. I did this slowly. And although my body was still aching, I dare not let Jiyong know of the discomfort that I felt.

I took the glass from him and sipped a little from its content.

“Jiyong! This doesn’t taste anything near good!” I coughed a little as I tried to push the liquid stuff that I drank down my throat.

“I didn’t say it’d taste good.” He told me.

“You didn’t say it’d taste this bad either.” I replied angrily.

“Like I said, this may help you ease through your hangover.” He rebutted.

“Well I’d rather have none of it and bear with the headache thank you.” I said.

“Okay. Suit yourself. I just wanted to help.”

“Seriously. Thanks but no thanks!” I sighed and pulled the sheets up my shoulders.

“Aren’t you feeling hot covered like that?” He asked.

“No!” I quickly answered.

“Are you sure?”

“Sure I’m sure.”

“Okay. Since you seem to be okay now,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter