Chap 1

Make You Fall For Me

Haein looked around the station carefully. Her cousin was supposed to arrive in Seoul from the village today.

“Haein-ah!!!” someone shouted her name. Haein turned around & smiled widely.

“Sungrin unnie!!!”

The girls ran towards each other & crushed into a hug. Both of them were squealing.

“I miss you so much!” Sungrin said to her cousin.

“I miss you too, unnie! How are grandma & uncle?”

“They’re fine. They send their regards.”

“That’s good. Come on! Omma & appa are waiting for you.” Haein helped Sungrin with her bags. They flagged a cab & off to Haein’s house.

“So, how’s school? Did anything good happen? Have you found a boyfriend?” Sungrin asked.

“A boyfriend? From that school? You’ve got to be joking,” Haein said in disbelief. Sungrin chuckled at her answer. She used to go to that school, so she knew what Haein meant. The boys in their school were good looking, but they have the worst manners ever. Not to forget their specialities in flirting & seducing girls. “School’s okay, I don’t really care about anyone so they just ignore me, which is something that I’m grateful for.”

“That’s okay. This year is your last year, right? Just focus on your studies & get out from that school,” Sungrin told her. Both of them laughed.

“How about you? will you continue your studies?”

“Ani, I’m going to take a barista class & get a license. After that I’ll work as a barista in any coffee house & collect the money to open my own coffee house.”

Haein looked impressed by her answer. “Wow…that sounds fun! Can I work with you when you’ve opened your own shop?” she asked excitedly.

“Of course! You’ll be my first worker,” replied Sungrin. The girls continued to talk until they reached their destination. Haein’s parents were already waiting at the gate when they arrived.

“Sungrin-ah, how are you?” Mrs. Lee asked as she hugged the girl.

“I’m fine, aunty. Thanks for letting me stay here for a while,” Sungrin answered with a smile.

“You can just stay here, Sungrin. You don’t have to find another place to stay,” Mr. Lee told her.

“I can’t do that. I’m already 21 years old, so I need to be an independent girl,” she told him.

“And I want to be like unnie,” Haein suddenly interrupted.

“You can’t even cook & do your own laundry, young lady. Stop dreaming about the impossible,” her mother . Everybody laughed when Haein pouted.

“Come on, girls, let’s get inside,” Mr. Lee said. All of them entered the house.

 

That night, Haein took Sungrin to her favourite hangout place.

“I thought you said you don’t have friends,” Sungrin questioned her cousin.

“You don’t need friends to hangout. I love watching the teens dance and sing,” Haein replied.

“Is it like the street dancing?”

“Uh-huh… Those teens are good. They even made their own songs, which even better than some of the k-pop songs nowadays.”

Sungrin began to feel excited. “Really? I can’t wait to see them. Is there any particular group that you like?”

Haein thought about it for a while. “I’m not sure. I don’t know the names of the groups so I can’t recognize which one that I like. If they’re here tonight, I’ll show you,” she said.

“Okay!”

When they arrived under the Han River’s bridge, a huge group of teenagers were already there. Most of them were boys. The music was already playing. The girls moved between the people until they reach the front line.

“When will they start?” Sungrin asked loudly because of the loud music.

“Anytime soon,” Haein replied.

After waiting for a few minutes, the music finally stopped. A young man stood at the middle of the dance floor.

“Hello, everyone! We meet again. It’s great to see the number of spectators and performers keep increasing every week. Are you ready to have some fun???”

“YEAH!!!!!”

“I can’t hear you!!!”

“YEAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!” the crowd yelled louder.

“Let’s give it up to the first group!”

The crowd cheered. A group pf girls entered the dance floor and started performing their routines. Haein and Sungrin bounced along with the music. They didn’t even realize that a group of guys were staring at them.

“I think I know them,” Jin said to his friends.

Rap Monster snapped his fingers. “Those are the girls that people always talk about in Jungkook’s school.”

“My school?” Jungkook asked. He took a better look at the girls. Then, his face brightened.

“Ah! Now I remember! The girl in the black t-shirt was in Suga hyung’s ex-classmate!” he said, referring to Sungrin.

“My ex-classmate?” This time, it was Suga’s turn to look at the girls. “Oh, Jung Sungrin, the girl that was famous because none of the boys in the school could catch her attention,” Suga finally recognized her.

“And that girl next to her is her cousin, who’s also famous because of the same reason,” V added.

None of the boys noticed it, but Jimin couldn’t take his eyes away from Sungrin. Then, an idea popped into his head.

“I have an idea!” The boys moved closer to him. “J-hope hyung & Jin hyung will push them into the dance floor and we’ll dance right in front of them. We’ll dance to ‘Boy In Luv’ like we planned, but for the bridge, two of us will sing instead of three and we’ll circle the girls as we sing. I choose that girl in the black t-shirt.”

“Then, I’ll choose Haein,” Jungkook quickly said.

“So, you’ll just leave me out?” Jin asked, dissatisfied.

“Relax, hyung. The kids are trying to break the cold ice. Just let them do it,” J-hope said.

“Are you sure about this?” V asked.

“Yeah, I’m sure,” Jimin answered confidently.

“Then, let’s do it!” Rap Monster said.

Jimin took another determined glance towards Sungrin. *I’ll definitely make you fall for me.*