The Next Day

Life is Cruel!

Author's POV

Sunggyu was the first one to wake up in the morning. Looking over, he saw a peaceful-looking Sungjong sleeping in his arms. Smiling, the older pushed a strand of hair out of the younger's face. Sungjong stirred a bit with that action before opening his eyes. "Sorry... Did I wake you?"

"No... It's fine, hyung." Sungjong smiled tiredly. I hug him more tightly.

"Still... Sorry."

"Mmm, it's okay..." The younger assured again, nuzzling into my shoulder. My smile widened at how cute he was.

"I'll make you some breakfast." Sunggyu suggests, getting up out of the bed. Going downstairs, he made the younger some breakfast and brought it back up for him to eat. The two ate breakfast and then headed off to school after putting the dishes in the sink. As they were walking, someone grabbed each of their shoulders beforw jumping in front of them. It was Woohyun. Sungjong looked at him with surprise before smiling brightly. "Hi, hyung!"

"Hey!" Woohyun replied before looking to Sunggyu. "Where were you? Do you know how worried we were?" The older ignored him and just kept on walking. "Hyung!" Woohyun called after him with astonishment at Sunggyu's actions. Knowing that Sungjong would know something, Woohyun glanced over to him for an answer.

"Sorry hyung... I don't know if he wants me to tell you." Sungjong answered.

"It's about the brother thing, isn't it?" Woohyun guessed. Sungjong's surprised face gave him all the answer he needed. He went after Sunggyu and spun him around after catching up to him. "Sunggyu hyung, I'm sorry." Woohyun apologized. "I was just angry about you accusing her, that's all."

"You know that's not all!" Sunggyu scoffed. "Ever since the day I moved in, you've hated me! And nothing's gonna make that change! I've already learned that..." With that said, he left a dumbfounded Woohyun by himself.

At Lunch

All day, Woohyun was being nice to Sunggyu. And not just his fake nice, but genuinely nice. Even if he didn't like Sunggyu, he knew that being on bad terms that it meant not talking to each other wasn't the best thing if you lived together. But, nothing ever worked. Sunggyu just kept on ignoring him. "Hyung, please! Listen to me!"

"Sunggyu hyung, Woohyun hyung!" They heard Sungjong call. Looking over, they saw Sungjong at an empty table, waving at them. Going over, the two of them sat down.

"Hyung." Woohyun tried again. And of course there was no reply.

"Still trying?" Sungjong questioned. Woohyun nods. Before Sungjong could say anything, he's interrupted.

"Can we sit with you guys?" The guys that they had done the psychology project with were standing in front of them. The three of them nodded and the other four sat around them with grateful smiles. "Thank you." The guy named Dongwoo smiled brightly.

"You're welcome." Sunggyu smiled warmly. Woohyun looked at him with complete shock and hurt. How can he be so kind-hearted to him? The younger thought bitterly. None-the-less, the seven of them became really good friends over that one lunch hour.

After School

"Hyung." Woohyun was still trying.

"Leave me alone, Woohyun." Sunggyu finally replied.

"Please accept my apology."

"If I do, then you will just go back to treating me like crap."

"I won't."

"That's such a lie!"

"I'll try not to!" Woohyun promised, emphasizing the try. Sunggyu turned around to face him with a hard glare.

"Why do you care anyway? I'm gonna be leaving for university in a few months anyway! You said I'm not your hyung, well it's true! So, let's just not pretend like it anymore! Just ignore me for the last months that I'm gonna be living with you and then I'll be completely out of your hair for the rest of your life!" With that said, the older speed-walked the rest of the way home while Woohyun was left to slowly walk as he thought about what was said. He knew that Sunggyu was gonna leave for university soon, but what did he mean by gone out of his hair completely? Is that even possible? Woohyun thought.


A/N: Look at that, shorter waiting time~ SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT because they keep me motivated and happy!