Partners

Unconditionally

JEIYUL~

 

I was studying my lessons from different subjects inside my room when someone called me through my phone. I got my phone which I placed it inside my cabinet so it won’t distract me while studying but I forgot to turn it into silent. Who is this calling me? I saw Nana’s name popped out.

“Jei!!!”

“What is it?”

“Umm…I know that you’re studying right now but I have something to tell you” she knows that I was studying right now because I study everyday

“What?”

“Siwon asked me to be his girlfriend!”

“Really? That fast?”

“Why? Is there something wrong?” her happy tone turned into sad

“No. I mean, you still don’t know him totally. You still don’t know what are his likes and dislikes. You don’t know how he sleeps at night. You don’t know his flaws. You don’t know how he acts in front of his parents, friends and with you”

“Is that really important?”

“Yes because if you do really love him, you are ready to be committed to him. Anyway, this is your decision and not mine. It’s all up to you, Nana”

“Okay. Thank you for that Jei. That would be all. Continue studying. Bye! Mwa!” she hung up

I placed my phone back inside the cabinet and continued studying. I wonder how it feels when someone asked you to be his girlfriend. I saw a lot of romantic movies when guys asked girls to be his girlfriend. They said that every time you see the one you love, you can feel butterflies in your stomach or sparks. How does it feel by the way? I should stop thinking about this. This is non-sense anyway.

 

 

I was walking on the grounds, going to the next building. I was bringing my backpack and a sketchpad. I always bring sketchpad because I always draw random things every time I got bored. I was going upstairs when I saw Sehun standing near the window. His hands were on his pocket. He looked at me with those cold eyes. I stopped right in front of him and it feels like the time stopped. Wait, why am I also looking at him? I blinked my eyes twice and continued going upstairs. I went inside the classroom and saw Kai sitting alone at the back. Why Sehun was there at the stairs and Kai is here? What was he doing there? Did they had a fight with Kai? I saw Nana writing on her notebook. As I sat on my chair, I looked what Nana was writing all about. She looked at me closed her pink notebook. She smiled at me and put it inside her bag “My Diary…” I nodded. Nana and I don’t keep secrets at all except if it’s all about her diary. I know that her diary notebook is one of her personal belonging so I won’t mind about it.

 

 

During lunch, I saw Siwon passed by in front of us and went to the next table. He was together with a girl. I thought he was going to have his lunch with us. I asked Nana about it.

“Well, I dumped him”

I was really surprised about this. I thought she have feelings for him because she was talking non-stop about him while we were in the café. She was also indeed happy when Siwon asked her to be his girlfriend “Why?”

“I’m not ready to be committed to someone”

I took a deep breath “Look, if you were discouraged because of what I was telling you on the phone, I’m so sorry. Nana, if you really love Siwon, it’s really okay with me. I know you never said yes to a guy because you were worried of what I would feel. You were also worried because I will remain single while you are in a relationship. Nana, this isn’t about me, this is about you”

Nana bit her lower lip and held my hand “Jei, I wasn’t discouraged about what you told me. Indeed, it gave me a lesson that I should be careful in choosing who to love. Thank you for being a good, understanding, caring, loving and everything to me. I love you so much Jeiyul. Let’s be best friends forever”

“Forever” I squeezed her hand

 

 

I was buying groceries because mom told me to. I was in the beverage corner. I was looking for Zelo’s favorite drink, fresh milk. He really loves milk. When he was a kid, he consumes 20 fresh milks in two weeks. I was getting 30 fresh milks for him. I pushed the shopping cart as I was done getting fresh milks. I was looking at my phone while I was pushing the cart. Suddenly, I stopped from pushing because something made me stop. I looked in front of me and I saw Sehun staring at me. I was surprised when I looked at him. Did I hurt him? My heart was beating fast. He can’t take my eyes from me. I froze for a while and went back to my senses “I am so sorry” Like he always do, he didn’t respond. I know he really won’t. After I apologized for hitting him with the shopping cart, he walked away. He was bringing a Soju with him. Is he going to drink that Soju? Why would he be drinking? Is he broken hearted? Well, I don’t care.

When I arrived home, I saw my mom talking with two ladies. My mom gave me a wide smile when she saw me. She introduced me to the two ladies who were sitting in our couch. The lady who looks like in her late 40’s has short platinum blonde hair. She looks pretty even though she’s old. She’s Aunt Mina and the lady beside her is Bora, her daughter. Aunt Mina is mom’s older sister so Bora is my cousin. Bora’s three years older than me. She has long black curly hair; she has beautiful eyes and nice smile. She’s pretty. She gave me a smile after mom introduced me to her. I smiled back as a response.

“She looks like him” Aunt Mina smiled at me

My eyebrows crooked and I looked at mom. Who is Aunt Mina referring to? Is he referring to my dad? My mom looked at Aunt Mina and laughed “Yeah, he really looks like his dad”

I went to the kitchen to place the groceries. I placed the fresh milks inside the refrigerator. Zelo came in like a wild horse asking if I bought his fresh milks. I looked at him and glared “I didn’t” I love playing pranks on him because I know he’ll became wild if I haven’t bought his fresh milks. He screamed like a wolf and mom went inside the kitchen. She was really worried why Zelo was screaming like it was the end of the world.

“Jei didn’t buy my fresh milk!” Zelo went towards mom

“She bought your fresh milks, Zelo. Stop screaming. We have visitors”

“I’m so sorry mom. Next time Jei, don’t play pranks on me” Zelo glared at me

I let out a sigh and went upstairs. I went inside my room and lay down on my bed. My arms were wide out spread. I was staring at the ceiling for a moment until I remembered Sehun. I remembered how he looked at me a while ago. He was looking at me as if he was going to kill me. I’ve been wondering why he won’t talk. What is the problem of the Mysterious Brothers? I am so curious about them. Are they mute? No, they aren’t. I saw them talking at each other every lunch time. They said that their father is a veterinarian and owned a pet clinic in Seoul and I don’t know if they still have their mother. No one knows where they live. They don’t give their address to anyone. They are so secretive. I have a lot of questions about them that were running through my mind. If I have to conduct an investigatory project, I want them to be my experiment.

 

 

Before I went to school, I went to the café because Nana told me to buy Vanilla Frappe for her. Even though Nana’s house was just across from our house, we don’t go to school together. I woke up late and she woke up very early. We went to school together when we were in grade school but we always come to school late because of me. So, she decided to go to school alone rather than going to school together with me and ending up late. It was fine for me anyway. I hate waking up early in the morning. So, when after I got the Vanilla Frappe, I saw Sehun behind me. I was surprised why he was here. I passed by in front of him and he was the next to take an order. I went outside the café and saw him waiting for his order. Why do I always saw him? Last Saturday, I saw him at the grocery store and now, in a café? What is wrong with the world? Even though we always see each other in school and know our names, he still doesn’t talk if we see each other. I’m used to it anyway.

 

 

Our teacher told us that we will be performing for our mini-concert next month. This would also serve as a grade for us. If we perform well, she will give us a high grade. Our teacher was the one who chose who will be our partners “Nana, you’ll be paired up with Peniel” Nana and I were both surprised. We really wanted to be partners in our presentation. We always practice together if we have time. Nana let out a sigh when she knew we won’t be partners. She was really disgusted “Aish! I don’t like this!” she muttered. I looked at her “It’s okay. Peniel’s hot anyway” I laughed as I was trying to make her smile. “Jeiyul, you’ll be paired up with Sehun” Wait, did I just hear my name?

I looked at my teacher “What?”

Our teacher glared at me “Aren’t you listening to me, Ms. Kwon? You will be paired up with Mr. Oh”

Seriously? With Oh Sehun? A lot of my girl classmates looked at me and gave me those jealous faces. Almost all of them like Sehun and Kai except Krystal. Krystal is a girl who was seated beside Nana. Krystal is our friend too but she always hung up with her sister. Krystal is a silent type of girl but when you get to know her, she’s cool. She’s good in dancing and in acting too! When she knew that she’ll be paired up with Kai, she didn’t respond. She bit her lower lip and sighed.

“Nana, is it okay with you if we change partners?” Krystal asked Nana

Nana looked at her curiously “Why? You’ve been paired up with Kai and a lot of girls want to be paired up with him. You should be lucky enough. A lot of them would want to be in your position”

Krystal sighed and bit her lower lip again “I don’t like him. What if he doesn’t interact with me during practices? You know, they are like that…the Mysterious Brothers”

“Jei too! She’s been paired up with Sehun” Nana looked at me

“Yeah, you’re right. What if they don’t interact with us? We are going to look fools to the other students”

“Aish!” Krystal shrieked

 

YOU CAN ALWAYS LEAVE A COMMENT :)