Awkward Part

Unconditionally

JEIYUL~

 

After classes, Sehun and I went together going to the practice room. Whenever we passed by in front of group of girls, I can see that they were making gossips. It’s really awkward walking together with Sehun. This is the first time I paired up with him so I feel really awkward right now. When we arrived at the practice room, he placed his bag on top of the table. The practice room has a large mirror in front of us. I placed my bag on top of the chair. He was looking at his reflection in the mirror. I was looking at him. He’s really handsome. Those sparkling eyes, platinum blonde hair and cute lips…perfect!

“Jei…” he looked at me through the mirror

I looked at him “Umm?”

“Are you daydreaming about me?”

I crooked my eyebrows. What? Me? Daydreaming about you? In your dreams, Mr. Oh “No! And I wouldn’t do that”

“Make sure because I don’t want someone daydreaming about me” he let out a smirk

So this is Oh Sehun, self-centered and arrogant at the same time. If girls only know that this is the attitude of Sehun, I know they wouldn’t like him anymore.
“Whatever, let’s just start practicing”

He got his phone and he let me saw a video of an interpretative dance. The dance was danced by two dancers from the Western variety show “So You Think You Can Dance” After watching the video, Sehun told me that we will be doing that dance. I was surprised because the steps aren’t that easy. I would be having a hard time learning this dance. I think we can’t have that high grade. I face palmed when Sehun stood up and started doing some warm-up. He looked at me “So, are you now giving up?”

I looked at him, trying to act normal and smiled “No, no. We can make this”

 

 

Sehun taught me the first steps in the dance. I can really tell that it was really hard. Sehun wasn’t having a hard time dancing interpretative dance even though he’s really good at hiphop. Whenever Kai and Sehun dances, a lot of girls will be screaming and giggling. That’s how good they are. Kai and Sehun are also good at rapping. I think that’s also one that made them hot. After we had our practice, it was already late at night. We went together going out from the school. The school wasn’t that dark though because there’s a dormitory here and some of the students were practicing in the practice rooms. When we arrived at the main entrance of our school, Sehun looked disgusted after he read a text message from his phone “How could he go home early?! Aish!”

I looked at him “Is that Kai?”

He nodded. I took a sigh and said “I should go home now. See you tomorrow” I turned my back and walked a few steps away from him. Suddenly, I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and I saw Sehun waving at me “Practice your steps!” I scoffed and smiled at him. He was cute when he did that but I still don’t like him anyway. He’s not my type.

 

 

During our practice, there was a step when our faces were just a few inches away from us. During our first attempt, I didn’t do it properly. My face was away from him. We decided to go back from the beginning until that awkward step. Yes, I called it awkward step since it is really awkward for me. We started dancing and whenever that awkward step is near, my heartbeat went fast. And this time, I laughed before we did the awkward step. I ended up laughing so we won’t go to that awkward step. Sehun looked at me curiously “What is wrong with you?”

I stopped from laughing “I’m so sorry. Can we resume our practice tomorrow?”

Sehun looked disgusted. He angrily scratched his head “No! We should end our practice tonight with the last step we had”

I bit my lower lip and took a sigh. He walked away from me, retrieving from the first position “Sehun, I can’t do the last step”

He looked at me with his hands on his waist “Why?”

“It’s awkward” I mumbled

“Why? Do you like me that was why it made you awkward?”

“No! Of course not!” I looked angrily at him. Such an arrogant man!

“Then, let’s do it!”

I took a deep breath and started from the beginning. We danced passionately. This time, I am serious. I am giving my all. I need to prove him that I can do the awkward step so he won’t think that I like him. Well, that’s the fact anyway. I don’t like him. The time came when we need to execute the last part. He pulled me and placed his arm around my waist. My arms were wrapped around his neck and my other leg was raised up. His other hand was holding my leg that was raised up. This time, we did the awkward step. Our faces were just a few inches away. I can feel his breath against me. He was looking at me straightly into my eyes. I pursed my lips and took a step backward. He let go of me and that! We did it!

 

 

After our practice, we didn’t talk after we execute the awkward step. I can feel that he already knows how awkward it is. Now, he knows what I feel. We came in the main entrance of our school campus. He needed to stay there for a while to wait for Kai. I bid goodbye and started walking going to the other street. When I reached the other block of the street, someone called my name and I turned around. I saw Sehun running towards me. He was panting “You walked so fast”

“Why are you chasing after me?”

He stood up straight and gave me my face towel. My eyes widened. I almost forgot my face towel. Thanks to this arrogant guy “Thank you. Where’s Kai by the way?”

“He’ll go home late. I think I’ll be going home alone”

I nodded “I need to go now. Thank you again for this” I turned back and took a step forward

“Jei…”

I looked behind and he stood beside me “Can I walk you home?” Is this Oh Sehun? Is he walking me home? Is he insane or is he on drugs? Wait! Am I dreaming? I scoffed and laughed “Are you Oh Sehun?”

He looked at me confusedly

“I mean, why are you walking me home?”

“I just wanted to make sure that you’re fine. I don’t want something bad would happen to my partner. The mini-concert’s fast approaching”

He’s concern about me because of the mini-concert so we can perform. Wow! That’s good to hear then Sehun. I think it’s my time for revenge “I hope that’s the only reason”

“I know what you’re thinking, Jei. I don’t like you”

“The feeling’s mutual. Whatever! Don’t walk me home. I can handle myself, Mr. Oh Sehun”

“Fine” he frowned

I walked going away from him. I don’t want him to walk me home because I don’t want him to know where actually I am living. I don’t like stalkers well, everyone do stalking except if he’s your crush. I was looking at my face towel he gave me. I can’t believe that we are talking at each other now. Those days before we were paired up, I only see him from a distant and don’t have the courage to say a single word to him. But now, I am getting comfortable with him. It’s good to know that we’re already friends.

 

 

Sehun and I decided we won’t be practicing this afternoon as a rest day for us. Since it’s our rest day, Nana told me that we would go home together. We went inside the café before we went home. Nana asked about Sehun and me. I told her about what all happened during our practices. I also told her about the awkward step. I thought she would be saying how bad our choreography is and all but I was surprised when I saw her giggling. I asked her why does she kept on giggling because it is really irritating especially I am talking about the practices I had with Sehun.

“I think you two are good to look at in your dance” she gave me a wide smile

“Nana, stop that. I am just doing this for my grade”

“I can’t wait to see your performance. Do it good, okay?” she winked

I face palmed “Nana, stop being so cute!”

She laughed and took a sip on her Vanilla Frappe. I looked at her and she snapped her fingers “I saw you and Sehun yesterday beside the streets. What were you two doing?”

I leaned back at the chair “I forgot my face towel and he ran after me just to return my face towel. He can return it the next day anyway and I don’t get it why he need to ran after me”

Nana giggled “Do you think he likes you?”

I laughed “He doesn’t like me. The feeling’s mutual”

“I have a theory”

“What?”

“I think the two of you would end up together. I am pretty sure about it”

“Over my dead body”

 

 

YOU CAN ALWAYS LEAVE A COMMENT :)