Coincidence

Unconditionally

JEIYUL~

 

 

While I was going to the classroom, I saw Kai and Sehun walking towards me. When I was getting nearer to them, I was going to smile at them but it turns out that they didn’t care. They just passed by at me like nothing ever happened. He even asked me if I can be his friend and now, why is he acting like this? As far as I know, I didn’t do something to make him feel bad. I decided to go inside the classroom instead. I saw Nana in her seat, she was writing something in her diary. As soon as I came, she kept it inside her bag and smiled at me. I told her what happened between us with Sehun. Just like me, she was also surprised why he started acting like that. We were really good friends back then. We went to the street food stall together and even went to the resto bar and introduced him to Yonghwa. And he walks me home! I just don’t understand why he became like this. Nana hypothesized that maybe he was good to me just for the performance. If Nana’s right, I shouldn’t have let him be my friend. I shouldn’t have let him as my partner! This is so irritating! I was overthinking about this for almost two days, I think.

 

 

Nana and I were back to our old life. We went home together. When I reached home, my mom was there at the living room with Aunt Mina again. My mom instructed me to join them in the living room. Aunt Mina told me a lot of things I didn’t know. About mom and dad’s love story and how cute I was when I was still young. She saw me back then but I didn’t remember anything about it anymore. More something like amnesia, maybe. She asked us if we can come to Uncle Kevin’s brother’s wedding. Uncle Kevin is Aunt Mina’s husband. So, that wedding will be happening this Saturday. Uncle Kevin is expecting us to come. Mom can’t refuse the invitation. After Aunt Mina’s visitation, I was going upstairs but mom called me. She was asking if something was bothering me right now because it seems like that I’m not okay. If I only can tell her what really happened between me and Sehun but I can’t. It’s not a big thing anyway but seriously it’s the one who’s bothering me right now. I told her that I’m okay and nothing’s bothering me. I went inside my room and lay down on my bed. I shouldn’t be thinking about this. I shouldn’t be bothering this. I shouldn’t!

 

 

 

Nana called me through the phone while I was studying. She was asking if I can come with her this Saturday with Maru, her another suitor. I told her that I can’t come since we will be attending a wedding. It’s their date and they should be spending it together. I don’t want to experience being a third wheel. It . Well, totally ! In the end, she will be spending her Saturday with Maru. The next day while I was eating my lunch with Nana and Maru, I saw the Mysterious Brothers on the table they usually eat. They were talking and sharing some laugh. They always have a good time whenever they are together. I saw Luhan looked at me. His lips went curve and I realized that he was smiling at me. I looked behind and beside me if he was really smiling at me. When I looked back at him, he was still smiling. This time, I am sure enough that he was really smiling at me. I smiled back at him and went back eating my lunch. During our Physics, the teacher gave us our test paper. She told us that we will be checking our classmate’s test paper. When I received the paper I will be checking, my eyes widened and my jaw dropped when I read Sehun’s name on it. Is this coincidence? I saw Sehun looking at the paper he was checking. Oh, I hope he wasn’t the one checking my paper because it would be really awkward. I sighed and started checking the paper after our teacher posted all the answers in the blackboard. After a few minutes of checking his paper, he got only one mistake. Wow! I was amazed. Physics is not one of the subjects I like. Sometimes I find this subject hard. I placed his total score on his paper. The teacher told us if we are done checking the paper, we can return it back to the owner. I took a deep breath before I stood up to return the paper to Sehun. He was still checking the paper while I was walking towards him. Kai stood up to return the paper he was checking. I bit my lower lip and stopped in front of him. He stood up and looked at me. I returned back his paper and he got the paper from me. When he received the paper, I was going to turn my back but he handed me a paper. I looked at the paper and it was mine. He was the one who checked my paper. I should get a high score. It would be embarrassing if I got a low score. I got the paper from him and turned back. I gritted my teeth and sighed. I didn’t look at my paper until I returned back to my chair. Nana got my paper and she squealed “Wow!”

I looked at her confusedly

“You got perfect!”

My eyes widened and got my paper. I looked at my paper and I really got a perfect score. I looked back at my answers to make sure if I was really perfect.

“You are so good!” Nana smiled

I looked at her and smiled “I never expected this”

“You won at the mini concert and now, you got a perfect score in Physics. Can you share some of your talent? Gosh! I am now insecure” she pouted

“You shouldn’t be. I am more insecure than you do. You got the looks that make every guy swoon. Well, look at me. No one will dare to like me”

“Stop talking like that, Jei. You are beautiful. It only takes a guy to see how beautiful you are. Always put that in your mind”

“Thank you, Na”

 

 

 

I was busy preparing for today’s wedding. I wore a gray sweatshirt and inserted it with my baby blue skater skirt. I got my black sneakers and braid my hair. We drove going to the church. When we arrived at the church, they were still waiting for the bride to come. We decided to look for seats and waited for the wedding to start. When the entourage started, we were looking at the people who were part of the entourage passed by. When I looked at the groom, he kept on taking deep breaths. I wonder how he feels. It would be unexplainable. I am deeply sure about it. When the bride came inside the church, she was with her mother and father side by side guiding her going to the altar. The bride was crying and also her mother and father. I looked at the groom once again and saw him wiping his tears away, smiling at the beautiful bride walking towards him. How sweet. For me, the best moment during a wedding is the groom’s reaction when he will be watching his bride walking towards him. Suddenly, a tear fell from the corner of my eyes. I directly wept it away. I got my handkerchief and covered my mouth. I was looking at the people who attended the wedding. When I looked behind, I saw Sehun with his brothers and dad. They were three chairs behind us. Sehun looked at me curiously. I looked away and went back looking at the bride and groom making their way to the altar. Why are they here? Are they related to the bride and groom? Maybe his dad is related with the bride and groom. After the wedding, we went to the reception. The reception was on a cliff. It was totally amazing! It was almost 6 pm so we able to see the sunset. It was indeed beautiful. We looked for tables and we sat on the chairs.

“The Mysterious Brothers are here” Zelo whispered

“I know” I rolled my eyes on him

“Why are they here anyway?”

“I don’t know. Maybe you should try to ask them”

“You are friends with Sehun, right? Why won’t you ask him?”

“Not anymore” I looked at the people around so I can avoid answering his questions

“Why?”

I didn’t respond. Zelo shook me “Why?”

I looked at him, looking annoyed. Well, he’s totally annoying “Are you gay? Do you like them? Why do you keep on asking questions about them? I don’t know and I don’t care why they’re here”

Mom looked at us “Are you guys fighting?”

Dad wasn’t here because he was busy talking with his friend from afar. Zelo and I looked at mom. Zelo didn’t respond. He kept quiet. I was going to tell mom what really happened but I suddenly changed my mind “Nothing mom”

She nodded and sighed. She was looking at the people around and asked “Jei, is that Sehun?”

I looked at where she was looking at “Yes, that’s Sehun”

“Is that his brothers and dad?”

Zelo lightened up and said “Yes mom. Why?”

She looked at us and said “He has handsome brothers”

“Well, yes. That’s what people say” I sighed. I can’t believe mom said those words

 

 

 

After having a dinner, people were having fun. Dad and mom had some talks with Aunt Mina and Uncle Kevin. From afar, I saw Bora and Luhan talking. Wait, that’s why they were here because of Bora? Bora invited them. Now, I know. I sighed and decided to walk away from the reception. I need some time to think and breathe some fresh air. I was playing with my fingers when I saw a shadow behind me. It looks like the shadow was a guy. Who might it be? My hands and feet were shaking. My heartbeat went fast. I slowly looked behind and saw Sehun. I sighed as a relief. I thought it would be some stranger.

“You almost killed me”

He looked at me with his cold expression and stood beside me. He put his hands inside his pocket and closed his eyes. I was looking at him, wondering what he was thinking right now. If I try to ask him some questions, I know he wouldn’t bother to answer one of them. I bit my lower lip and decided to walk away. I turned my back and walked two steps away from him. I was going to take another step but “Jei” his deep voice called me. I turned around and saw him looking at me. His eyes were telling me something. It feels like he wanted to say something but he can’t say a word. He took a deep breath “Sorry…I’m so sorry for avoiding you these days. I’m a fool. I know I am. I’m so sorry”

“I don’t get it why were you avoiding me”

He took a deep breath “There’s this feeling that I wanted to be friends with you but it can’t be, Jei”

“Wait, I don’t get it” I looked at him confusedly

“You really won’t get it”

“So you’re not mad at me, aren’t you?”

He shook his head

“That’s good then”

“Jei…can we be friends again like how we are used to be during our practice days?”

I smiled at him “Sure”

 

 

 

When we went back to the reception, I saw Sehun’s dad talking with my mom. Both of us witnessed it. I looked at Sehun “Do they know each other?”

“I don’t know” he shrugged his shoulders

Sehun and I decided to go towards them. When we came, my mom looked shocked when she saw me with Sehun. Sehun’s dad looked at us.

“Jei…”

I stood right beside mom and Sehun stood beside his dad. Sehun’s dad looked at me with a big smile on her face. I looked at mom “Do you know him?”

Sehun’s dad offered his hand “I am Oh Sunho, your mom’s friend. Just call me Uncle Sunho”

My mom and I exchanged glances. I accepted his hand and we shook hands. Mom placed her arm on my shoulder “This is Jeiyul, my daughter. I know him” my mom was referring to Sehun “He was the partner of Jeiyul during their mini concert. You are Sehun, right?”

Sehun looked at mom and smiled at him “Yes”

“I am Kwon Hana, Jeiyul’s mother”

“This is my son, Oh Sehun”

“Oh” mom smiled and nodded

“We should hang out sometimes” Uncle Sunho suggested

Wait, are they friends for too long? I never heard mom sharing about Uncle Sunho before. Mom smiled at him and said “Yeah…if we have time” it seems like mom was having doubts

“That would be nice!” Uncle Sunho smiled widely

“Umm…yeah. Umm…Sunho, can you excuse us for a while? We’ll be going to Hyo Joon. Maybe he was looking for us. Thanks by the way” mom smiled and we walked going to the table where Zelo and dad was seating. Before we can reach the table, mom whispered “Don’t tell your dad about what happened a while ago” when we reached on the table, dad decided that we should go home since it’s getting late. We bid goodbye to the newly weds and to Aunt Mina and Uncle Kevin.

 

 

 

When we reached home, mom went inside my room and locked the door. She sat on the bed beside me and lowered down her voice “Please, don’t tell your dad about what happened”

“Why?”

She took a deep breath “Sunho and I were friends when we were still in high school. Your dad doesn’t know about this. If he’ll know about this, he’ll dig into Sunho’s past”

“What about his past?”

“I can’t answer all your questions from now. There’s a time for that, Jei. I hope you understand” she touched my hand

I bit my lower lip and sighed. I want to know the reason why mom won’t let dad know about what happened a while ago and knowing Uncle Sunho’s past. I respect mom’s decision. I can’t force her to tell me about Uncle Sunho. As long as she will tell me in the near future, I’m fine with it.

 

 

YOU CAN ALWAYS LEAVE A COMMENT :)