Mini Concert

Unconditionally

JEIYUL~

 

I was at the dressing room, getting ready for our performance. Nana and Krystal were busy putting some make-up on their faces. I was done putting some make-up so I am now looking at myself in front of the mirror. I know I can do this. I’ve been performing on stage since I was a kid. I never experienced nervous breakdown and hopefully, not this time. Krystal looked at me “Are you okay?”

I looked at her and took a deep breath “Yeah”

Krystal was wearing a crop top and sweatpants with her sneakers. Nana was wearing a y sky blue dress since they will be dancing Samba with Peniel. Krystal went out from the dressing room since the staff called her to standby at the backstage. When Nana finished putting some make-up on her face, she looked at me “I’m nervous”

“Same here” I bit my lower lip

Nana took a deep breath “Good luck to us, Yul”

Someone knocked through the door. We looked at the door and I saw Sehun peeked inside. He looked happy when he found me. I stood up and went outside the dressing room.

“The staff called me and he said we should go now to the backstage”

I took a deep breath and we walked going to the backstage. My hands were shaking. I kept on playing with my fingers. When we arrived at the backstage, Krystal and Kai went on stage. I kept on sighing. Sehun crossed his arms like a boss. He was standing like it was just a normal day. I bit my lower lip and played with my feet so that the nervousness inside me would be gone. Sehun looked at me “Are you nervous?”

I looked at him and smiled “Eh…no”

“Jei, I know you are. I’m nervous too”

“Really?” I looked at him curiously

He glared at me. Ops! I forgot that I should believe him whatever he will tell him “Fine, fine”

“Jei, just think that we’re just practicing. Do it with passion like we always do”

“Yes” I took a deep breath

Sehun touched my hand. I looked at my hand went back looking at his angelic face

“We can do this”

I took a deep breath once again and nodded

 

 

When it was our time, to be on stage, I took a deep breath for the last time pursed my lips. I stepped on stage and went to my position. I can see a lot of people watching the mini-concert. I saw Lee Soo Man and Monica Shin seated in front. The music started and I started to execute the steps. I was doing it with passionately and the spotlight is on us. When the awkward part is near, I was nervous. I need to do this. Sehun grabbed me. He placed his hands around my waist and I lifted my left leg. He was supporting my left leg and my arms were wrapped around neck. Our faces were few inches away. I can see his face clearly. He smiled at me before he let go of me. Still executing some steps, I saw Lee Soo Man staring at me. I need to do this. I need to impress them. Our last part was Sehun and I looking at each other from afar. After our performance, there was a standing ovation. I saw Lee Soo Man and Monica Shin stood up from their chairs, giving us their applause. I saw my mom, dad and Zelo waved at me. I was smiling looking at how people stood up and gave us their applause. Sehun and I went backstage. Sehun grabbed me and hugged me tightly. I was surprised when he lifted me up and turned me around. He stopped from turning around and put me down “I told you, we can do it”

I smiled at him “Thank you”

He gave me a curious look

“Thank you for encouraging me”

“Thank you too”

Nana, Krystal and Kai ran towards us. Nana pulled me for a hug “Yul! You were really great! Congrats!”

“Thank you” I smiled at her

Krystal hugged me “Congrats”

“Thank you”

“Guys, you were really amazing! You were really great!” Kai smiled at us with applause

“Thank you” I said

Kai placed his arm around Sehun’s shoulers “You’re now grown up”

Suddenly, Luhan and Kris arrived. Luhan was wearing a black shirt and jeans. Kris was wearing a gray shirt and jeans. Luhan rubbed Sehun’s hair “I never knew our maknae can dance so well”

I saw Kris staring at Nana. Nana wasn’t looking at him but she was looking at Luhan and Sehun. Sehun poked Kris “Aren’t you going to congratulate me?”

Kris looked at Sehun and smiled “Congrats”

“How about me?” Kris pouted

“Ehh! Stop that aegyo, Kris!” Sehun looked irritated on him

“Congrats!” Luhan smiled at Kai

Now I know how they really look like when they are together. Luhan is a sweet hyung to them. He is the oldest. Kai loves to do aegyo even though he’s not the maknae. Kris is totally the one who has the cold expression. He’s the cold guy among them. I kept on looking at Kris on how he stared at Nana. Nana and Krystal went inside the dressing room. Kai and Sehun decided to go to the men’s dressing room. Luhan followed them. I was going to go back to the dressing room when someone called me “Hey”

I turned back and saw Kris standing

“You were the one who found my wallet the other time”

“Yes”

 “Did you open it?”

“No”

He nodded “Thank you anyway”

“Sure”

He turned his back and walked going away. Even though he was talking at me, he looks still a cold guy.

 

 

After all the performances, we were asked to go on stage. All of the performers were lined up on stage. We never knew that there were special awards. This school is full of surprises. The first award was the best male performer.

“The best male performer is…Oh Sehun” I was indeed surprised and proud because he won an award. He received the award from a member of Girls’ Generation, Taeyeon.

“The best femal performer is…Kwon Jeiyul” I was shocked when I heard my name. Nana gave me a wide smile. I stepped forward and received the award from Yonghwa. I never knew he was here. When I got the award from him, he whispered “You look great” I smiled back at him then cameras kept on flashing.

“Okay, this is what the people have been waiting for” the announcer said

I went back to where I was standing a while ago. Sehun congratulated me as soon as I stood behind him.

“The third place goes to…Im Nana and Peniel Shin”

Nana looked surprised when she knew that they won. They stepped forward and received the award from Yunho. They took some picture with him. I was really proud for her.

“The second place goes to…Krystal Jung and Kim Kai”

Both of them were shock when their names were mentioned as second place. They went towards the center of the stage to get the award from Kahi. I can see in Krystal and Kai’s eyes that they were both happy about the results. Before they would announce the winner, I looked at Sehun and he looked at me. It doesn’t matter for me if we will win or not. As long as we performed, it is enough. I smiled at him and smiled back.

“The first place goes to…Kwon Jeiyul and Oh Sehun”

Sehun and I looked at each other. We were really shocked when they called as the first place. Sehun smiled at me and grabbed my hand. I looked at his hand and we both walked going to the center of the stage, hand in hand. I was shocked when Choi Siwon went up to the stage, bringing the award. He will be the one to give us the award. When Sehun and I got the award from him, he gave us a smile and congratulated both of us.

 

 

After the mini concert, I was the only one left in the dressing room. Krystal and Nana went home ahead since their parents are here. I am not sure though if my parents are here. After packing up my things, I went out and walked going out from the auditorium. While I was walking going to the entrance of the school, I saw Sehun with his family from afar. They seem happy for Kai and Sehun’s achievement. I saw one man who was wearing a black polo. He has a broad shoulders and chest, muscled arms and legs. I think that is their father. They were talking and having some laughter together. I sighed and smiled looking how cute they are. I continued walking going to the entrance of the school. When I reached there just in time, I saw my mom, dad and Zelo waiting for me. They gave me a warm hug and congratulated me for winning. They saw my whole performance. They were there during the mini concert. Zelo told me that Sehun and I got chemistry. Well, I don’t care. Suddenly, I saw Sehun with his family passed by beside us. We all looked at them. I saw Sehun’s dad face to face. He just looked like his dad! His dad looked at us and stopped by to look at mom. They were both staring at each other. I saw Sehun looked at me. I smiled at him but he gave me his cold expression. My smile turned into frown. Sehun was still looking at me and still didn’t give me a smile! Is this Sehun? Kris put his arm on his dad’s shoulder and together, they walked away. Sehun didn’t give me a smile until they were gone. I don’t get it. He always smiled whenever I smiled at him. A lot of questions came up inside my mind. Maybe I did something wrong to him but what is it? Maybe he’s back in his old way of life. Maybe he was just like that to me because we were partners for the mini concert and he wanted us to win. Maybe he knew about this mini concert after all! That’s why he’s being good to me so I won’t back out or I won’t meet an accident. How selfish! He’s self-centered! He was thinking about his self. He wants to be on top always. I thought he was the type of guy who’s good and caring but I’m wrong.

 

 

When I arrived at room, I changed into pajamas. I got my sketchpad and started to draw something. I don’t what would I feel right now. Anger? Frustrated? Depressed? Hatred? I don’t know! I really don’t know! After a few minutes of drawing, I stopped. I stopped because I think I figured what I feel right now. I am sad. I’m sad because of what happened a while ago. Is Sehun back to his life? The life where he always has this cold expression on his face and won’t interact to the other students? I sighed and closed my eyes for a while. I opened my eyes to look at my drawing. My eyes widened when I saw my drawing. I drew a wolf in front of a moon. Why on earth I drew this? I know I already drew a wolf but I never drew something that I already drew before. This is weird. I bit my lower lip and closed my sketchpad. I put it inside my drawer and looked at the wall where the wolf I drew before was posted. This is really weird. 

 

 

YOU CAN ALWAYS LEAVE A COMMENT :)