Mysterious Guy

Unconditionally

JEIYUL~

 

I was walking going to the lake where I always spend my free time. No one knew this place except me. The lake is in the center of the woods. I discovered this place when I was eight years old. My ball went to the woods and I saw this beautiful lake. Starting that day, I kept on going to this place. Whenever I feel depressed or whenever I need some from fresh air to breath, I go here. I’ve been going to this place for nine years and I never experienced seeing a ghost or anything. I was thankful that I never saw one.

I sat on the green grass that surrounded the lake. Across the lake is a place where there are a lot of woods. I’ve never been there even though I wanted to. I was curious what would be there but anyway, I was doing my project. I was doing a painting. I was painting a beautiful house that my mom really wants. She wanted a house near the woods but my younger brother and I don’t want. My mom was really good to us. She was the one who will be always there for us. My dad works as a manager at a famous restaurant here in Seoul. Even though he’s busy with his work, he will find time for us. My mom on the other hand works as a teacher at a university here in Seoul. I was really lucky because I have good, caring and loving parents.

My phone rang. I got my phone inside my pocket and saw Zelo’s named popped out on it. I pressed the answer button and didn’t put my phone in my ear. I know he will be screaming whenever I answer his call.

“Noona!!!”

I sighed and put my phone in my ear after he screamed “What?”

“Umma’s been looking for you. It’s almost at night and you’re still outside the house. Come back now!”

“I’ll be there in a minute” I hung up and gathered up my things. I placed them inside my bag before I left the solemn place. I was walking through the woods and I wasn’t afraid. I’m used to it. I’m pretty sure no one will hurt me. I just don’t know why I always feel belong to this place, maybe because I love how peaceful the place is. I grew up beside the streets. Our house was just beside the streets. I can hear car’s blowing horns every early in the morning. I really wanted to put a sign saying “No Blowing of Horns” so I can continue sleeping. I am used to waking up early in the morning because of this. This is how I live.

 

 

When I arrived in the house, my mom was preparing for dinner. Zelo was playing video games in the living room. He was doing some unnecessary noise while playing. Zelo is a freshman and we have the same school. I placed my bag on the couch beside Zelo and went directly to the dining room to help my mom in preparing for dinner. My mom placed the plates on the table.

“Where have you been?” she asked. I went to the cabinets to get spoons and forks “I went to the café” I always lie whenever she asked that kind of question if I’ve been to my secret place. No one knew my secret place even my closest friend, Nana doesn’t know about it. I don’t want someone would know where my secret place is. That is the only place where I can find time for myself. I went towards the table and placed the spoons and forks.

My dad arrived when I was done putting the spoons and forks. He placed his bag beside my bag in the couch. He went directly to the dining room and sat on the chair. My mom called Zelo for dinner and we sat in the chair. Zelo and I were seated together and across us were dad and mom. Dad asked about our performance in school.

“School’s doing fine. I was one of the top ten students in our batch” Zelo proudly told my dad about it. I was also proud about it. Zelo was not really that smart during his grade school because he was too lazy to study. He started to study harder when dad grounded him and got his Xbox. He learned something from it and started to study harder.

“How about yours, Jeiyul?”

I looked at my dad and said “I am the top four in our batch”

My mom and dad were really happy about it. I always belong to the top five since I was in grade school. I don’t study that well but I don’t know why I am always one of the top five students in our batch. I know I may sound too boastful but this is the fact. My mom and dad were magna laude during their college year, maybe we got it from them.

 

 

I was going inside the room when my bag and books fell on the floor. I got my bag from the floor and someone behind me helped in getting my books. When I got up and he gave my books, I saw a guy who has a milky white skin color, chinky eyes, has small lips and has platinum blonde hair. He has an angelic face. His eyes were completely locked into mine. I got my books from him and said “Kamsahamnida”

He blinked. He was going to say something but a guy behind dragged him going away from me. The guy who dragged him has a bronze skin, has pouty lips and has platinum blonde hair too. The two guys were Sehun and Kai. They are brothers but they don’t have the same surnames. The teachers were wondering about them and even us, students. They never told anyone about it even the principal doesn’t know about it. They were my classmates since first year until now. I never had a chance to interact with them because they are the type of person who chose to be silent the whole day! No one had a brave heart to talk to them because they have a cold expression on their faces. And I still don’t know why girls still like them in despite of their cold expression.

I went inside the classroom and sat beside my best friend for nine years, Nana. She’s taller than me and she’s really gorgeous. She has long blonde hair and a nice smile. A lot of guys were chasing after her but she doesn’t like even one of them. She once had a suitor who owns one airline here in Seoul but she dumped him. I don’t know why she doesn’t like him. The guy was handsome, gentleman, intelligent and a billionaire! Every time we go together, I am like her personal assistant. She really looks like a model from Hollywood. Sometimes, I am ashamed going out together with her because a lot of guys would really look at her. I am so lucky to have her because she really treats me as her sister even though we are totally opposite. She was listening to some music as I sat down in my chair. She’s good both in singing and dancing. She can act too! We became friends because we played as the main characters one of our plays during grade school. I am the protagonist while she was the antagonist.

Nana looked at me while she got one earphone from her ears. I was getting my project when she said “How long were you sitting here?”

“Ten seconds? I don’t know”

She looked closer at my project and got it. She was touching the texture and grinned “This is great! I know you would be a great painter someday; not just a painter but a dancer and singer as well!” I always get those compliments from her everyday. Every time she looked at my projects, saw me dancing, singing and acting, she always compliment me on how good I was. She believed that I am going to be a great artist someday. As I looked at the back of the classroom, there I saw Kai and Sehun. Kai was writing something on his notebook while Sehun was reading a book. Nana went back listening some of her songs in her iTouch. I saw Sehun took a look at me while I was looking at him. He kept on staring at me! I looked away and acted that I didn’t look at him. That was embarrassing! I slowly looked back again at Sehun and he caught me again! I looked away and took a deep breath. He was really looking at me! I thought that was just coincidence. What was he thinking right now? Is he thinking about when he helped me a while ago? Oh, stop it Jeiyul! He doesn’t know you anyway. He only knows your name.

 

 

We were having our lunch. Nana and I always go together and every lunch, there are different guys who always join us not because of me but because of Nana. I can tell that Nana’s really famous here in our school. I was looking at the people inside the canteen. I saw four boys at the corner in the canteen. They were eating their lunch in a table. There I saw Sehun and Kai with a guy who has seductive eyes, small pouty lips and platinum blonde hair, that’s Kris. The other guy has large, doe-like eyes, white skin, small lips and platinum blonde hair too, that’s Luhan. They are called as the Mysterious Brothers by the students because no one knows why they have different surnames. They don’t also interact with the other students except to our teachers. Luhan is the first, next is Kris then Kai and lastly the most white among them, Sehun. While I was looking at them, I saw Sehun glanced at me. I immediately looked away so he won’t catch me looking at him again. I continued eating my lunch and when I was done eating, I drank my water. The guy who joined eating our lunch together with Nana went away. I was going to look again where Sehun and his brothers were eating but to my surprise, he was in front of me! He and his brothers passed by and he was looking at me! I looked away and looked down. I played with my fingers so it won’t be obvious that I was really embarrassed.

 

 

 

Nana and I walked going home. Our house is a few blocks away from our school while Nana’s house is just across from our house. We always go home together. Nana is like my sister from another mother. Nana and I decided to go in a café since we don’t have classes by tomorrow. We went inside the café and I ordered my favorite, Coffee Frappe while Nana ordered her favorite, Vanilla Frappe. I became addicted to coffee when I was in my sophomore year. As always every time we come here in the café, Nana would always share about her suitors.

“The guy who was with us a while ago is Siwon!” she gave me a wide smile. She was really smiling when she told me about this guy.

“Then?”

Nana shook her head “You don’t know him? His family is one of the richest families here in Seoul! They own a lot of businesses here! His parents were known worldwide!”

I crooked my eyebrows and leaned back on the chair “Why would I care about him? He doesn’t even know me”

Nana widened her eyes and said “He’s asking me if we can date exclusively!” I smiled at her. That’s how lucky Nana is. He can get guys without intentions. Oh, how I wish I can be like her for one day. I never had a suitors and boyfriend since birth. That’s how boring my life is.

“Is it okay with you?”

“Of course! You can date anyone you like, Nana. Always remember, I’m always here beside you”

Nana shrieked and pulled me for a hug. She always asked me first if it’s okay with me if she’ll go out with a guy. It never became a problem to me actually. Every time she dated a guy, she ended up dumping it next week. She’s my best friend but I don’t know what her type is when it comes to guys. She always changed her preferences. 

 

 

YOU CAN ALWAYS LEAVE A COMMENT :)