The Mixed Signal

My Boyfriend: My Girl

 

The next morning was a bit rainy. I slipped on my uniform. What can I say? First of all, better get on the teacher's good sides for wearing it, plus it was much prettier than my normal clothes anyways. My white sneaker accidentally stepped in a puddle of mud, as I groaned. New sneakers, now ruined. And all thanks to the rainy weather, too. So there I was -trying to wipe the mud off with a napkin from my backpack. No use. It just got even muddier. I was just about to grab a change of shoes, since I don't know how much more of these "accidents" I could take on the way to school. When suddenly, a vioce came behind me.

Haera! Yoon Haera! Yo, maid girl!" I turned around, to see Youngmin in his school uniform, holding an umbrella get to a stretch limousine. What? Waitt, they had a LIMO and never bothered to ask me to ride with them? Clearly, now you know what the place of a maid is, in this house hold. "You want a ride?" I heard him say. Huh? Really? Was the scary, ignorant, king of being a jerk face YOUNGMIN asking me to ride in the limosine with him? My expression was grim. Hmph. Yea, maybe you should've- "Are you coming or not?!" he screamed. I jumped a little, as I nodded, quickly running towards him. I dropped my umbrella in the back seat, as he suddenly, as if he remembered something... In a twitch of an expression, turned his face up side right. Yeup. A smile, a bit of an AWKWARD smile, but still. Inside, sat Minji and Kwangmin.

Sit here, Haera!" Minji said. She was smiling. She, and Kwangmin were sitting next to eachother, as she patted the seat on the right of hers.

But then, Kwangmin pulled me down towards the seat on his LEFT, and smiled. "No, it's alright. Haera will sit here, won't you Haera?" I merely looked at Minji, who seemed a little out of her mind today, as she pulled Youngmin to her seat. Apparently, I was being fought over for CAR SEATS.

Minji shook her head. "Nu-uhn. Sit in the middle of me and Youngmin, then. I want you and Youngmin to become better friends, since he is so WILLING to." was she trying to send me a clue of some kind? I hoped not... Instead, I sat myself in between Youngmin and Kwangmin, as the two twins looked at me. Now, it was on the very right, Minji, then Youngmin, me, and then Kwangmin. Well, at least now everybody's happy...

The entire car ride to school was just agonizing. I sort of get why no one ever mentioned for me to get in anymore. The whole ride there, it was filled with whispers of frustration between Youngmin and Minji, fighting or argueing over something. At some point, I heard my name. Just my mind, I guess. While on my left, Kwangmin just crossed his legs together, looking calm and patient while drawing little shapes on the glass window. I swear, I was drolling on that image when suddenly, the car stopped, making me snap out of my dream, with Youngmin grabbing my wrist.

Haera, let's go! We both have english next, Kwangmin and Minji have different classes from us. So let's goooo!!" he smiled, as I was pulled in to the crowd of people. Youngmin suddenly grabbed my hand instead of my wrist, pulling us through the crowd. My cheeks felt hot, even though I knew I shouldn't. It wasn't right. Yes, Kwangmin and Youngmin were twins, but they were completely different! And I mean completely. I cleared my throat, as he was still holding my hand when we were already in the class.

Uhm, Youngminnie, your hand..."

He suddenly looked shy, as he pulled it away. "Err, right... Sorry. I'll watch it next time." he scratched the back of his head cutely, before taking a seat next to me. The whole time we were in the class, I could barely concentrate! As the hot air that Youngmin was blowing hit the back of my neck, making me feel somewhat... Distracted, and unaware of what was happening in class. So I snuck my head away, but then heard a light snore beside me. Awwee, my little Youngminnie is sleeping! I smiled sweetly at him, as I grabbed the jacket, hanging on the back of his chair.

Carefully tucking the jacket on his shoulders, I began to concentrate on the class again. That is... When I heard his voice suddenly muttering something. "Haera, Haera..." What?!