Tricky

Of Dragons and Angels [Collection of Krisho drabbles]

Midnight stuck and all was silent throughout the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

            All except for two men, whispering as they dragged two bags full of presents from their room to the living room, where a six foot tall Christmas tree was waiting, fully decorated with fluorescent lights and ornaments. It was Christmas Eve, and these two were on a mission, to keep their 10 adopted children believing in the magic of this holiday by playing Santa. They did this every year since adopting all their little angels, and they’d continue to until they sadly stopped believing. That thought scared the two, mostly the shorter male, so they were determined to keep the magic of Santa alive.

            Joonmyun smiled as they reached the living room with making as little noise as possible. He turned to his other half and reached over to fix the latter’s Santa hat, the hat almost slipping off the taller’s blonde locks of hair during their little mission.

            “Well, now it’s time to place the presents around the tree. Let’s hurry up just in case Sehun has to go to the restroom or the little detective team waiting for Santa wakes up.” And with that, Joonmyun gave Yifan’s cheek a little pat and they split up, each taking a bag of presents. Twenty minutes later, the bottom of the tree was nicely decorated with boxes of every size, gift wrapped with the same design, and tagged with the same sticker with the words written “From Santa”, addressed accordingly to each child. The two males stepped back to look at their handy work, a bright smile placed on both their faces. This was definitely a Kodak moment, and they couldn’t wait to see the expression on their sons’ faces tomorrow morning.

            “We really outdid ourselves this year, if I do say so myself,” Yifan grinned as he wrapped his arm around Joonmyun to bring him closer. The shorter couldn’t help but agree. Not to boost his ego or anything, but the sight before them was honestly greeting card worthy. The two walked over to a small table where some cookies were placed. Joonmyun chuckled as he remembered the four younger boys who walked up to him earlier that morning, practically begging for him to make Santa some cookies. They sat down, and Yifan immediately started munching on the cookies. He didn’t have to be told to eat them, if they were going to play Santa, might as well “go hard or go home.” Plus, his Joonmyun made amazing pastries.

            Once the cookies were done and the milk was gone, the two made their way towards their shared room. They stopped at the doorway of the living room, turning around to make sure that “Santa” had done a good job delivering presents to their 10 little bundles of joy. Joonmyun let out a happy sigh and turned to leave, but a hand on his wrist stopped him in his tracks. He turned to face a grinning Yifan, arm raised up in the air.  The younger male looked up, a small laugh having left his lips as he realized there was a mistletoe above their heads.

            “So, you know it’s a bad omen to leave such a handsome young man hanging under the mistletoe, right? Guess you’re just going to have to-“

            Joonmyun laughed a bit under his breath as he captured Kris’s lips with his own, shutting up the taller male with a kiss. “And it’s also a bad omen to be awake, or else Santa won’t arrive, so I say we go to sleep.” And with that, the two made their way to their shared room, hand in hand, hoping to get some rest before ten little bundles of joy woke them up in six hours to open Santa’s presents. 

 

___________________________________________________

 

A/N: This one's definitely AU OTL

Welp, that's the last of what I had saved. I'm still debating whether I'm going to add more if I get ideas or if I should just end it off here ;; I hope that you guys enjoyed what there was for now \o Thanks for reading and leave any comments down below nwn