Phobia

Of Dragons and Angels [Collection of Krisho drabbles]

            It couldn’t have possibly been any worse, Joonmyun thought to himself. It was storming outside, the thunder was incredibly loud, and to make matters worse, the rest of the members thought it was a good setting for a scary movie marathon. Joonmyun wasn’t scared, nope, not at all-

            A small (thuggish and not at all girly) shriek left his lips as he pulled the pillow he’d been hugging up to his face.

            Yep, he wasn’t scared at all.

            After the movie ended, the rest of EXO called it a night, finally noticing how late it was. That left Joonmyun to clean up after them, seeing how he knew they needed to get up early tomorrow morning and the others probably needed the few minutes of extra rest more than him. With a small sigh, he started to pick up some pillows on the ground, only to be scared to death as a hand grabbed his shoulder.

            “Whoah! Easy there, just me, Joonmyun.” Kris backed up a bit, his hands both up in the air even though he was slightly startled at the other’s scream. Joonmyun turned to face Kris, his chest rising quickly as he took deep breaths. He would have yelled at the other if it weren’t for the fact that he couldn’t think of anything due to the shock. Kris noticed Joonmyun’s startled state and rubbed his back, offering a small smile if it was worth anything.

            “Saw that you were scared during the movie, so I came to keep you company and what not. Plus Tao’s hogging up the bathroom again.”

            Joonmyun lightly jutted out his bottom lip after finally regaining his breath, mumbling something about how he wasn’t scared, that he was a grown man.

            Kris watched the younger male with amusement, slightly raising up an eyebrow before letting out a small chuckle. He liked seeing Joonmyun act all ‘thug’ and tough, even though everyone knew he was as frightening as a bunny. Everyone knew that Joonmyun could never be anything close to a thug, but for the K leader’s sake, they all let him believe he was anything he wanted to be.

            “I’m scared of thunder,” Kris stated once they were cleaning up again, his back facing Joonmyun, who stopped mid-way from picking up a blanket from the floor. The shorter male looked up at Kris, blinking once, twice, before finally processing what Kris was saying.

            “Really?”

            Kris chuckled and nodded, finally turning around to face Joonmyun, taking a few steps to be face to face with him. “Yeah, really. Why do you think I always make up a lame excuse to sleep in your room when there’s a thunderstorm outside?”

            A small laugh left Joonmyun’s lips, giving Kris the chance to slip his arm around his waist and pull him in for a hug. Joonmyun looked up, a gentle smile present on his face as he returned the hug. “Thank you, Yifan, for making me feel better.”

            The taller of the two merely shook his head and grinned, looking down at Joonmyun with a playful yet sly expression. “Oh no, Joonmyun. I require payment for sharing my secret with you.”

            “Payment? What k-…Yifan!”

            In no time, Kris had Joonmyun in his arms, carrying him bridal style towards the latter’s room, where he would collect his payment of kisses and cuddles.