War

Of Dragons and Angels [Collection of Krisho drabbles]

           “That’s not how you’re supposed to act. You’re not his mother.”

            “He’s a kid, he needs a soft touch and a shoulder to lean on whenever he feels homesick. He needs to be praised when he does a good job as well.”

            “Doesn’t mean you have to baby him”

            “Could you be at least a bit considerate for once?”

            They’ve been going at this for quite a while now, and it didn’t seem like the two leaders were going to stop their dispute any time soon. It wasn’t even over anything big, they were merely arguing over the fact that Joonmyun had tied Tao’s shoes for him instead of letting the M maknae do it himself. Kris was tired of Joonmyun’s mother hen attitude and the fact that it was making the maknaes, and everyone else Joonmyun babied, which was practically everyone including Kris himself, spoiled and lazy. Joonmyun would come up to him with his bright smile and bright attitude and ask him if he needed anything in that soft and caring tone of his… And it irritated Kris. It irritated him because he hated being babied. They were grown men for crying out loud. Sure, even Kris got home sick, but this wasn’t the right way to go about it. Joonmyun was doing nothing more than spoiling the members, something Kris sure as hell wasn’t going to do when they were divided once again.

            An exasperated sigh simultaneously left their lips, showing how frustrated they’d become with such a petty argument. They both knew it was silly to get ruffled up so much over a tiny event like tying Tao’s shoes but they both had a big thing called pride that wouldn’t let them lose this fight. The taller of the two ruffled his blonde hair, glancing at his Korean counterpart, noticing his every move. He could tell that Joonmyun was just as frustrated with this argument as he was, with the way that the younger kept his lips tightly pressed. As if he felt Kris’s eyes on him, Joonmyun sighed again and turned away, brows lightly furrowed to show his frustration.

            “Sorry if you don’t like the way I treat the others, but I’m not going to stop being the compassionate one of us two.” And with that, Joonmyun walked out of Kris’s room, making sure to close the door as Kris just watched him walk away, too angry with Joonmyun and himself to stop the younger.