Nocturnal

Of Dragons and Angels [Collection of Krisho drabbles]

            A small yawn left Joonmyun's lips as he brought his hand up to rub at his eye, straining to keep them open as he stared at the bright TV screen in front of him. Kris was next to the short male, eyes glued onto the screen with wide eyes, completely mesmerized by the show.  It was probably well past one in the morning, and usually Joonmyun would be wagging his finger at Kris for staying up so late, but he let it slide seeing as how they weren’t having schedules tomorrow until late in the afternoon.

            Another yawn was heard in the room, mixed in with the soft noise coming from the TV. Joonmyun forced his eyes to remain open, but he was having trouble doing so.

            “You tired?”

            The K leader lightly jumped at the sound of the other’s deep voice, waking him up a bit for the time being. “No, well kind of.”

            Kris turned to stare at Joonmyun, who in turn stared back at him. They both remained silent for a few seconds, before Kris patted his lap to Joonmyun. A small smile crept up the latter’s lips, and slowly, Joonmyun laid his head on Kris’s lap. A second later, Kris started to run his fingers through his brown locks of hair, definitely not helping Joonmyun in his fight to stay awake.

            “You didn’t have to wait up with me, you know. You can sleep here, or in your room if you want. The movie’s almost over, so I won’t be up for much longer.”

            Joonmyun shook his head. “That’s alright, I’ll stay here until the movie’s done.” He wanted to stay up with Kris, even though he wasn’t watching the movie nor had any real reason for staying up. He just wanted to.

            Of course, Joonmyun’s battle against sleep proved to be futile, and in no time he was sound asleep, head resting on Kris’s lap. The taller male didn’t even notice that Joonmyun had quickly fallen asleep until he heard the latter’s soft breathing. Kris couldn’t help but chuckle as he kept gently running his fingers through Joonmyun’s soft hair.

            After the movie ended half an hour later, Kris turned off the TV and carried Joonmyun to his room, making sure that the K leader was comfortable before debating whether he should return to his room or just sleep on Joonmyun’s bed. Of course, being Kris, he made some lame excuse (about how Joonmyun slept on him therefore he should continue on keeping him company or else the latter would freak out and wonder where Kris was at) which made sense to him, and snuck under Joonmyun’s covers.