Hush

Of Dragons and Angels [Collection of Krisho drabbles]

          Chaos. That's what Kris would say if you asked him to describe what was going on in the dorms right now. Chanyeol was going on a rampage about how no one was paying attention to him, Kai angering the rapper by purposely ignoring him. Baekhyun was complaining about something probably not at all important, Kyungsoo was reprimanding Jongdae for God knows what, and the rest were running around the living room, practicing for tomorrow's show. All were present except for a certain short leader. Kris's brows furrowed as he looked around for the other male, worry slowly growing as he saw Joonmyun nowhere in sight. Usually, the short leader would be walking around, calmly telling everyone to hush down and pat their heads, all while smiling. So where was he?

            Kris found Joonmyun in his room, sitting on his bed, figure hunched over with his head on his hands, elbows propped up on his knees. Joonmyun's legs were lightly bouncing, something Kris had seen him do far too much lately. Soon enough, the taller male found himself sitting right beside the shorter, who was far too deep in his own thoughts to even register the other’s presence. It wasn’t until Kris put a hand on Joonmyun’s shoulder and spoke that Joonmyun looked up, his eyes wide and brows knit together in worry; a sight that created worry within Kris as well. “Joonmyun? What’s wrong?”

At that point, Joonmyun stared at Kris with big eyes, hands shaking as he ran his fingers through his hair. “There’s so much pressure on us lately, Kris. What if something goes wrong tomorrow? What if I don’t hit that long note?” It didn’t take a rocket scientist to notice that Joonmyun was beginning to hyperventilate, his breath increasing in pace. Kris immediately began to worry, not knowing what to do. Did he pat him on the back? Tell him to shut up and stop over thinking everything? He didn’t know what the right thing to do was, but he hoped that what he settled for was good enough.

            A second later Joonmyun found himself pulled into Kris’s embrace, arms wrapped around the tiny leader as his breathing quickened. Joonmyun’s eyes lightly widened as Kris secured his arms around his petite frame. “Hey, it’ll be alright, okay?” the taller of the two whispered in Joonmyun’s ear, hoping to calm him down. He whispered a few more soft words of encouragement, keeping Joonmyun in his arms even after the K leader’s breathing had gone back to a stable pace. They remained in silence, Joonmyun’s arms now wrapped around Kris as well. It would be a tough performance tomorrow, but Kris was right, things were bound to go well for them. All Joonmyun had to do was breathe.