Confession

Of Dragons and Angels [Collection of Krisho drabbles]

           ‘Take a deep breath, Joonmyun. Yifan will understand, so there’s no need to worry…right?’ Wrong. Joonmyun knew he was wrong, yet he couldn’t help but give himself a little pep talk as he made his way towards Kris’s room. Joonmyun knew that Kris was understanding and had a soft spot for him whenever he did things out of the norm, but this was different. He didn’t think that Kris would be so understanding and calm once Joonmyun confessed this, and that thought scared the shorter male. But he had to do it, no matter how scared he was of the M leader. Joonmyun figured that he should tell him before any of the other boys got to Kris first.

            “Y-…Yifan,” Joonmyun stuttered as he knocked on the door, trying his best to calm his nerves. The seconds that passed by were agonizing, and as he waited, he hoped that Kris was asleep or not in his room so he could at least say he tried. Unfortunately, faith wasn’t too kind, and not a second after saying a small prayer did the door open. Joonmyun could only stare at Kris with slightly frightened eyes, jumping when the door opened up.

            “What is it, Joonmyun?” the taller male asked, a brow arching up in curiosity as to why Joonmyun was so jumpy all of a sudden, as if he’d done something wrong.

            The K leader looked down, letting his gaze fall down to the ground instead of having to face Kris’s expression. “I-…I’m sorry!”  And with that, the shorter male quickly bowed, keeping his head down.

            “W-…What?” Kris didn’t understand why Joonmyun was all of a sudden apologizing, but his thoughts were all put aside once the shorter male stood up, staring back at him with a flushed expression on his face.

            “For what I’m about to…” Joonmyun swallowed the lump in his throat and coughed nervously, fixing his collar. The seconds that passed by seemed to be eternal, slowly killing both of them; Joonmyun with embarrassment and Kris with curiosity and slight fear.

            Finally, after forever and a day, Joonmyun took a deep breath and looked at Kris, his face bright red, hands closed into tight fists. “I am your leader, yes I am your leader. You're not a believer, a big-“ But before he could finish the sentence that he had put so much effort and practice into for the last half hour, Kris stopped him by putting his hand over Joonmyun’s lips. The shorter male was confused, and was about to give Kris a questioning stare, but when his eyes settled on the blonde leader, he was even more confused.

            Kris was standing in front of him, eyes wide and a red hue present on his face. Even though Joonmyun’s English was still kinda sorta really choppy and his accent was thick, Kris could still make out what he was trying to say. “W-..Who told you-…How did y-…”

            Joonmyun took a good few seconds to digest what was going on, realizing that he probably said something either embarrassing, offensive, or both. Slowly, he took Kris’s hand off his mouth, his voice coming out small through every stuttered word he said. “C-Chanyeol, he-… h-he said I s-should say this to, uh, y-you if I lost a-a bet, and w-well, I lost…s-so…”

            Chanyeol. That’s all Kris needed to hear. Of course it was Chanyeol, who else would think of sending Joonmyun to Kris and have him recite a line from Nicki Minaj’s lyrics? Only Chanyeol would, that devious boyf of his.

            A loud sigh escaped Kris’s lips as he put his hand on Joonmyun’s head, trying his best to regain his composure again. “It’s uh, alright… J-…Just don’t say whatever Chanyeol wants you to ever again, okay?” And with that, Kris left, making his way over to hunt down Chanyeol, who was probably laughing his off, leaving poor embarrassed and confused Joonmyun all alone in Kris’s room.

 

__________________________________________________

 

A/N: So for this one, I didn't really make Suho confess... OTL it was more like he inderectly hinted at something without knowing, so its kind of like confessing, right? OTL