Warmth

Of Dragons and Angels [Collection of Krisho drabbles]

          “This is too cold! Is the heater even working? We don’t have any more blankets, do we?” Joonmyun paced about his room, mumbling to himself as he looked around. He quickly rubbed his hands together close to his mouth, hoping to warm them up just a little bit. It was mid-winter, and it was just as cold inside the dorms as it was outside. All the members of EXO were in their rooms, hoping to warm up just a bit, and as one of the leaders, Joonmyun was looking around for a way to warm up the room. He didn’t want the others to get a cold, but so far, he couldn’t even find proper warmth for himself.

            As he was searching through his drawers, a small knock on his slightly ajar door startled him. He turned towards the knock, only to find Kris with a small smile on his lips and a blanket draped around his shoulders as he held two mugs of hot chocolate in his hands. “Hot chocolate to warm you up? Kyungsoo made some for everyone.”

            A grateful smile appeared on Joonmyun’s lips as he walked over to take the mug, instantly feeling his palms and fingertips warm up. “Thank you, Yifan.”

            Kris shook his head and went to sit down on Joonmyun’s bed, the shorter male soon following his actions and taking a seat next to him. The silence that followed was a rather enjoyable one, both staring down at their cups, waiting for the hot liquid to cool down just a bit. It wasn’t until Joonmyun felt something on his shoulders that he looked over to his right, finding a blanket wrapped loosely around him. With a smile, he turned to Kris, who was giving him a small grin. “Thought you were cold, so, uh, wanna cuddle? Heard from the others that it’s a good way to keep warm, so it must be put to the test.”

            Joonmyun only laughed and slightly scoot over to sit closer to the Chinese Canadian male, resting his head upon Kris’s shoulder. He held his mug with both hands to prevent it from spilling and smiled. “Do we now? Well then, is it working?”

            The taller of the two chuckled, wrapping his arm around his boyfriend’s waist to pull him even closer, resting his cheek on top of Joonmyun’s head. “Hmm… Not yet. Seems like we’re gonna have to stay like this for a while.

            Both leaders laughed in unison as they cuddled, not really minding the fact that it was freezing cold anymore.