Chapter 6

Married With Him Or Not

Chapter Six (6)

­­­­­­­­­­_______________________________________________________

Where are you, Hyuk?

__________________________________________________________

 

I walked back inside the house to use the toilet, I checked my reflection; my puffy eyes were red. I splashed water on myself and wiped it off. 

I looked at Shin Kyung's room, it seemed quiet and I held the doorknob; I didn’t dare to knock on the door.

'Ding Ding' the phone rang. Hong Bin answered. 

On my way walking to my room, Hong Bin went off from the living room panicking and I ran toward Shin Hye. "Shin Hye!!!" He shouted. 

"Hyuk...." He couldn't finish his sentence. He made me more curious but his eyes got teary. I gasped. 

"What... Why…? Hyuk..." 

"He...accident..."  He stammered. He grabbed my shoulder. His lower lip were trembling and his body was shaky.

 "You joking with me, aren't you? He was in the room with Shin Kyung" I said disbelief.

I went to Shin Kyung room, opened and looked for Hyuk and Shin Kyung. None of them were here. I started to panicking, I was soaked of sweat with mixed emotion and I was still in disbelief. How come everything just happens in one day?

Hong bin grabbed my shoulder and turned me to face him.

 

"Shin Hye, I am not joking, I never joke about serious things… I got a call from the police. We have to go there. I got the car, you tell mom and dad now."

 

Hong bin rushed to start the engine, I knocked Mrs. Hye Kyo's door and she opened it. “Mrs. Hye Kyo….”

"Why are you crying?" She wiped my tears off, before saying any words.

I took deep breath and spoke it out "Mrs. Hye Kyo...Hyuk...he was involved in a  accident..."

“What?….” She is more than shock and she sudden fainted.

“Mrs. Hye Kyo……?????”

 

Hong Bin and Hyuk's father, Peniel Lim was the only that went to the place, I couldn't go, I have to accompany Mrs. Hye Kyo. Mrs. Hye Kyo finally woke up from being unconscious and I gave a weak smile; I rubbed her hands and Mrs. Hye Kyo couldn't stop crying. I tried to hold my tears; I have to be strong no matter what happens.

 

Hongbin and Mr. Peniel reached on the place where the car on fire. The police came to them with information news. They let out a gasped and they broke into tears. 

 

I waited at the house with anxiety and fear, I intertwined my hands with Mrs. Hye Kyo and I was soaked with cold sweat. I just couldn't breathe, my sickness kept attacking during bad timing. I hold it up; I kept glancing at the clock and peeked at the window. I tried to comfort Mrs. Hye Kyo, instead I am the one who couldn't feel peace. My mind was filled with negative thoughts, I went to the toilet and broke into tears. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I sobbed and gripped my chest, started to cough and I vomited blood. I rushed to wipe it with water.

The sound of the door clattering made my heart burst, nervous. Hong Bin and Mr. Peniel brought a new; just looking their face. I couldn't tell it was good news. At the end, I gasped, covered on my face and cried.

The room filled of river, bawling. There wasn't any news about Shin Kyung. She was either missing or she just ran away.

 

The next morning, I couldn't sleep, I just coverd my body with a blanket and laid in bed with my bloated eyes. My head felt dizzy; I cried too much and couldn't get out from the bed. I feel heavy, my mind was filled with Hyuk, as much as I thought about it, I broke into tears over and over again. I went to washroom to wash my face.

 

It has been a week since the incident, no news that have been informed by the police, they were told that he wasn't there in the car during the explosion. It is still under investigation.

 

I went to straight to the living room, I stared at the phone, waiting for it to ring. I was hopeful. Yes, but hopeless. The whole days that the phone didn't ring. 

"Shin Hye..." Mrs. Hye Kyo called. I looked at her and barely smiled. She caressed my cheeks.

"You better sleep now. It's been a week you stayed up all night."

I shook my head over and over when the same questions were thrown at me.

Mrs. Hye Kye had no choice, but to put the sleeping pill in the drink and gave it to Shin Hye. "Here's a drink, drink it. It makes you feel better"

Shin Hye drank it; her eyes feel heavy and she fell asleep.

It has been already over 2 weeks since the incident. 2 weeks feel like years. 

 

The police searched him from where location of the accident occurred, with the help of the police to investigate. They found a shirt filled with blood downhill of a cliff, they informed it to Mr. Peniel but there still no sign that he is there.

 

Shin Hye walked on the street, she carried a stack of paper in her arms and Hong bin helped her stick the paper on the walls. Every wall filled with papers that content of information of Hyuk, a missing person. Hong bin looked at Shin Hye, Shin hye looked weak and her face looked pale and souless. She stared at the paper and touched the paper. She wanted to cry.

The phone hasn’t ring yet, Shin Hye began to worry; her mind couldn’t stop thinking, and she a got headache. Shin hye grabbed a pill and swallowed it. She fell asleep on the couch in the living room cuddling the phone in her arms.

 

 I woke up when the phone began to ring, I answered it, I got the call from the police, they said that they found him.

I grabbed my keys and started the engine. Hong Bin stopped me; he said he would drive there. 

 

Behind the incident, Hyuk barely survived, he jumped the car before the car exploded. He fell on the high cliff, with burned and bruises on his face, He shouted and groaned on pain “ARGH! HELP ME!!”

But no one heard it.

Hyuk couldn't stand up, his ankle got twisted, and he found a piece wood as his support to walk. He tried to find a way to exited from the wild forest. He yelled ask for help.

"HELP ME! SOMEBODY!"

 

 

 

The location was not far from the accident location about 15 km.

It was village, wooden bungalow house; it looked like car shops there were abandoned cars surrounded the house and empty garage but didn’t used it; i step out from the car with feelings of anxiety mixed with happiness. My mouth couldn't stop praying wishing that Hyuk is here and alive.

I walked with Hong bin at the side of me and linked my arms against him, I can feel my bones, there were pair of eyes staring at me from empty garage, and I keep glanced at the empty garage. No one was there. Goose bumps; the garage seemed creepy and dark.

 A middle aged woman welcomed us inside her house; I sat on the wooden chair with Hong Bin.

"Wait here. I call him"the middle aged woman said. She smiled.

The moment of nerve-recking when the middle aged woman walked in while holding a man hands, I was about jump from the chair and my heart beating and sweat hands. I couldn't wait. 

She called a unknown name “Jesse! Come inside.  It left Hong bin and Shin Hye in confusion

Has he lost his memories? Is he blind? Will he not remember me? 

The thoughts made me want to break into tears, gripping Hong Bin's hand more tight, my heart and feeling flustered more and more.

Please god. Don't let him forget me. I can endure with blind. Please don't let him lose his memories. 

The man showed off while holding the woman hand. He bent his head down. 

I stood up from the couch with mixed thoughts and feeling, I gasped when I saw unfamiliar man with tanned skin and long hair comes inside the room, I studied the man, and it’s doesn’t look like Hyuk.

I looked at Hong Bin, he furrowed his brows and stared at the man.

“He is this one that you find.” The woman said confidently.

“No, he is not Hyuk. The Hyuk that I know didn’t look like these.” I protested.

“He is Hyuk.” The woman continuously said it. It’s brought I temper up and boiled.

“No, he is not Hyuk!” I argued with the women, lastly I stood up.

 "I'm sorry..." I apologized and walked away.

I walked outside the house, I crossed my arms, and I glanced back again to empty garage. I became more curious, saw a man standing there and stared at me. But it was dark, I can’t see him clearly and but I noticed that man staring at me.

I furrowed brows, I walked there but the man started to run.

I run after him.

“Wait up!” I shouted.  

“Wait up, please, I just want to see your face, that’s all” I shouted. 

A man stopped run, he wore all black, stood still, but he didn’t turned. He pants. 

I walked slowly approach him, I stood in front of him, face on him. He wore hoodie and mask covers his face.

I looked at him, “why are you wearing a mask?”

He didn’t talk but he responded with shook his head side to side. He kept quiet.

“Are you not going to tell me?” I said.

"You can't talk?" I asked. He still kept quiet. I was looking his hands gripped paper that I had plastered at severeal place that content information of missing person, Hyuk.

“Did you found him?” I asked him.

The only I can see are pairs of eyes, connected with mine. He does smile eyes and nodded.

“Where is he?” I said with joy smile plastered on the face as I hold his hands.

He grabbed my hand, dragged me into small wooden house. He commanded me to sit.

He gave sign 'wait here' and I nodded.

Could I trust him? 

I looked around his rooms; the wall filled with newspapers stick on the wall, walked there and took look.  

His room looks kind of creepy.

'Ahem' the mask man cleared his throat, I turned as he holding two glasses of juice; he gave it to me and he sat on the corner. Cuddle his own his knee and stared at me. He didn't talk. 

It just feels creepy.

"Hmm, let me straight to point, did you find him, Sang Han Hyuk, do you?" I asked. 

He shook his head. "No? Why are you dragging me to here?" I said. I put the drink down on the side.

"What happened to your face? Why are you wearing mask?" I threw questioned the only I can heard a silent.  

“Hmm, Mister, if you didn’t fin him, you should tell me early" I stood up and walked to the door.

"You really want to know why I am wearing mask." he finally spoke.

"Huh…?" I turned my head.

He walked toward me, leaned himself close to me, and he removed his mask. "This"

I stared on him, but bandage cover all of his face, the eyes and mouth only can seen. 

“What happened to you?” I asked.

"My face got burned." He stated.

"How did it happen?" 

"I....it's doesn't matter anymore..." He grabbed my hands.

"Please helps me..I want to meet someone...someone that I love...I can't meet her with this face...she would worry if she saw me like this. I don't have money to get recover. Please help me."

"Huh….?" I just hummed. I got shock with his request. I let go his hands.

"Wait. I am here to find Hyuk not to help you." I heaved sigh, bend down my heart and I looked at the man

He already kneeled down on knee and begging. "Please. Please help me. I help you find Hyuk. I promise."

"Can I trust you? What if you lie like the woman does. Huh?"

"I wouldn't lie to you. I promise." 

"Just...you promise? How can I trust you first? How can I trust you that you would find Hyuk?" I hesitant to trust on this man, I don’t know why I wanted to trust him.

"I heard someone yelling for help, I was late one step. I saw him brought on the black van to somewhere, nowhere, so I just followed them from the back, but I lost their track. They were too fast but I guarantee I will find the location, they won't be far...trust me"

Shin Hye heaved a sigh again and nibbled her lips. She glanced again at the man.

”Arraso, you come with me. Pack your bag, I wait you for in front. If you lie to me, I'll kill you for real." I furrowed my brows, should I trust him? I heaved sigh.

The mask man doing smirks at the back of Kim Shin Hye. 

I and the mask man walked back to car, Hong bin with his worry face "Where have you been? And who is this guy?"  

"Just get inside the car, I will explain in the car." I said. 

"You can't bring strange people." Hong Bin said.

"Just go inside the car." I said reckless. 

I brought the mask man with me back to home, I explained everything to Hong Bin, he didn't puts trust on the mask man at all and the mask man just sit quietly at the back. I looked outside the car. I watched him from side mirror. I started to feel pity for him. I was expecting so much, I was wish brought Hyuk home but the shameful keep approaching. I don't know why I brought a strange people wore a mask instead Hyuk, believe on him that he would helps me find Hyuk. I am so stupid? 

"We are home." 

"Oh you are home. Did you found Hyuk?" Mrs. Hye Kyo said. She holds my hand and expecting good news. 

"No. We got tricked." I said. I looked at the mask man, pulled his hands and stood beside me.

"Oh, this man would help us finding Hyuk. He said he knows where Hyuk is."

The mask man just nodded.

"Really….? Can we really trust the man?” Mrs. Hye Kyo whispered.

"I don't know...hmm…I better go to my room, my head feels dizzy..." I said. I looked at the mask man and Hong bin.

“Just use other room up stair.” Hong bin said.

"I show your room." The mask man nodded.

We arrived in front of Hyuk room tried to hold my sadness, holding door knob, "Miss..I will find him for sure..." The mask man said.

I heaved sigh. "Can I really trust you, hmm?" I looked at his pair eyes. My eyes get teary and I gave a weak smile. "Tomorrow, I will bring you to hospital for check up, okay."

 

 

 

I walked away from him, he was holding my hands; I turned my head "Why?" I uttered. He shook his head. "Thank you" He uttered. I beamed a smile and patted his shoulder. I continued to walk.

Kim Shin Hye, This is me, Sang Han Hyuk, your husband, I'm sorry I have to do this, I don't want you to see my face, I feel ashamed with this face. I'm sorry. Please wait a bit while. I have to lie, I don't want you to worry for me.....I'm sorry... once again. 

Hyuk went to room; he sat in front of mirror and opened the bandage. His face is full of bruise and scars. He smiled after what Shin Hye does to him; she is kind person and loveable.

Shin Hye knocked the door, Hyuk rushed cover his face with mask and Shin Hye opened the door. “Hmm, do you have clothes?”

“Oh? No, I don’t”

Shin Hye slowly walked in to his room, “I think this fits you. This are my husband's clothes.” Shin Hye said as her pure smile plastered on her face.

Hyuk looked at her; Shin Hye held the clothes and embraced on her hands. “Try it on.” She beamed as she gave it to Hyuk.

“Oh...Thank you.” Hyuk thanked. Shin Hye walked out from his room.

“Oh…You…“ Hyuk called. Shin Hye hummed. “You are so kind. Thank you. Your husband would glad to have you.”

Shin Hye beamed. “Thank you. Don’t be late tomorrow.”

 

It has been 3 weeks after I brought him to hospital as searching Hyuk still ongoing, the man hasn't fully cover, his face still on cover with the bandage, the doctor told me that he would open the bandage today. I don't know whether to go or not. I am not his relative family.

I got message from the mask man, he asked me to come to hospital. I have no choice. So, I went to hospital, paid visit for last time before he went home. It would be our last meeting.

I walked to ward room, he sits facing the backward as I slowly walked to him. "It would be our last meeting." I said. 

He turned his head wore mask again and I chuckled. "Why are you wearing mask again? Huh…?"

"Hye, Kim Shin Hye. Did you remember this face?" He said as he removed his mask; my eyes fixed on him as I studied his face, his eyes and his lips seemed familiar, and my grin faded as I saw Hyuk face appeared in front of me. I just couldn’t talk; my mouth hanging open and big eyes.

“Hyuk, is that really you?” I said.

He extended his lips into smile; I burst into tears “Hyuk….” I rushed to hug him. Hyuk cradled Shin Hye head and leaned his head on her shoulder. He was also in tears. “Thank you.” He whispered.

“Hyuk...I miss you….” I said. I cupped his face as my tears flowing on cheeks.

"I miss you so much. I am glad you're still alive. Why are you doing this to me?” I said with unstable voice. I hit on his chest. He chuckles. "I'm sorry..."

Shin Hye couldn’t stop crying even though she is happy; Hyuk grinned and pulled Shin Hye in tight hug.

“Thank you…Shin Hye”


 

It's been a very long long time since I hav eupdated any of my stories and I am very sorry. Pleas eforgive me I have school and track and student council and band and dancing an dsinging competitions to worry about so I try to get some updates every once in a while. and I am trying to get as much done before I go into surgery on Wednesday so I hope I can update all my stories before I go. Please forgive me. Mianhae!! Ppyong!