Summer

High School 2013

There! I did it. I updated. Thank you to the patient readers and the subscribers. Please continue to support the story.

Disclaimer: I Do Not Own any of the character, but the plotline is mine.

 


Summer

2011….

 

Honestly, summer wasn't what Yuri had expected. Instead of playing ball outside all day, every day, Tiffany and Jessica got part time jobs. Feeling left out, Yuri asked her mom if she could work, too.

"No," Mrs. Kwon said firmly.

"But mom, its summer vacation," Yuri whined, "both Jess and Fany got jobs!"

"You don't need to work; besides you should be studying,"

"Again, it's summer vacation. Nobody studies." Yuri tried to explain.

"That's not what you final grade says!" Mrs. Kwon said sternly, "Do you think about anything other than soccer in that tiny brain of yours?" Yuri made a face.

"Never mind!" She pouted and dropped the subject.

"Why were her parents so weird?" She thought to herself, "Other parents would be overjoyed if their kids wanted to work." She grumbled as she ran towards the park. She arrived and immediately saw Minho running in her direction. For a guy who doesn’t have any interest in playing sports, he sure liked to exercise. She had seen him running around a couple of times after summer vacation began. He grew out his buzz cut and he got taller. She hadn't talked to him in a while, but every time she did they end up bickering like little kids. He stopped running when he saw her.

"Hey class president, long time no see," He greeted her. She made a face at the name he insisted on calling her.

"Don't call me that. I have a name, you know," she said somewhat irritated.

"I can never seem to remember it," he shrugged.

"You're kidding right?! My name isn't even hard!" She said in disbelief, "It's 2 syllables- Yoo-ri. Yuri!" She tried to say, but Minho just ignored her and resumed running.

"How rude," Yuri muttered and caught up to him.

"Why are you always running and training if you don't have any interest in playing sports?" she asked. He shrugged.

"Just cuz," He said.

"I really don’t get you," Yuri told Minho. He raised a brow.

"Why, do you WANT to "get" me?" he asked teasingly.

"As if. You’re too weird," She scoffed. Minho dropped the subject.

"Why are you alone?" he asked, "Shouldn't you be hanging out with your friends?"

They both got jobs and now I'm left alone," she said bitterly.

"Is that why you're talking to me?" he joked.

"Of course. Why else?" she retorted. Minho laughed. She suddenly stopped running.
"Let's play one-on-one," she said randomly.

"What?" he asked.

"Let's play ball! I bet I can beat you."

"Big words coming from a girl," he teased.

"What's wrong, are you afraid of getting beaten by a girl?" she challenged.

"Fine, I'll play, but on one condition." he said.

"Shoot,"

"Loser buys ice cream," he stated.

"You're on!" Yuri accepted, feeling pretty confident.

----

Tiffany arrived at work as usual. Like every other day, Choi Siwon was there.
"Miyoung-ah!" Siwon waved to her. She told him time and time again that she didn't like being called that, but Siwon insisted on doing it anyways. She learned to just go with it, since she'd be wasting her breath anyway.

"Hello Siwon," She said. Siwon had gotten a job alongside Tiffany at a small restaurant in town. He helps out the lady who runs the place, even though he doesn't have to. Tiffany thought that it was actually very nice of him. He was nice in general-and handsome, really handsome. Tiffany didn't have to pretend because it was a fact.

"Is it just me or did you get prettier since the last time I saw you?" He smiled, revealing his dimples.

"It was yesterday," Tiffany reminded him, but blushed regardless. He was always teasing her, but she always reacted like that.

"It doesn't matter if it was yesterday or few seconds before, every time I look at you, it's like the first time," He said. Tiffany couldn't help it; she laughed. Siwon could not get any cheesier.

"Where do you get those pick-up lines, they're so bad," she said. Siwon smiled.

"But you smiled," he said, "you’re prettiest when you smile," There he goes again.

"Just work, Siwon," She said coolly, but on the inside her heart was beating like crazy. Why does he like that?! Does he know that everything he does makes her heart jump? Okay, Tiffany admitted, she likes him. She wasn't sure how much, but she was sure she did. But Siwon made her confused. He seemed to be flirty at times, and sincere, but sometimes it was as if he was just joking around with her. She shook the feelings off. He was probably like that with every girl.

--

Jessica had been working at the Music Box, a café, for about 2 weeks now. She couldn't believe she lasted that long, especially since HE worked there too.

"Hi Jessi," Kim Jonghyun said grabbing a seat at the counter where Jessica was wiping the table.

"Don't call my name as if we're friends," Jessica said coldly as he continued to clean.

"Why are you so mean to me?" he asked. Jessica wished he would just stop talking to her.

"Because I don't like you," She said straightforwardly.

"What're you talking about, I'm a very likable person," he said, pretending to be taken aback by her words.

"You're a lot of things, but likable is not one of them," Jessica stated.

"Well what do you think of me?" he asked curious as to what she would say.

"You're just a bored guy who has way too much time on his hands." Jonghyun smirked. He's never had a girl say that to his face, except maybe his mom.

"I just insulted you, why are you smiling like an idiot?" Jessica asked rhetorically.

"You're different," Jonghyun said, "I like that,"

"How are you able to throw words like that around so casually?' She asked him.

"I happen to like people, unlike a certain someone," he said, "You just go around blacklisting people for no apparent reason." Jessica rolled her eyes.

"Don't you have anything better to do besides annoy me?" she asked irritated. As if on cue the manager came over to them.

"Jonghyun, you're up," she said, sounding a little too excited.

"Prepare to be amazed," he winked at Jessica.

"Don't count on it," she deadpanned. Jonghyun walked over to the small stage in the café and sat down on a chair. He adjusted the microphone and picked up his guitar. By this time the café was filled with people, excited to hear him sing. Jessica became irritated by the constant squealing coming from all the girls. He started playing the guitar. Despite herself, Jessica's eyes immediately focused on Jonghyun as soon as he began to sing. He was irritating and annoying amongst other things, but she couldn't deny that he was a gifted singer. His voice had the ability to pull people in. He could be singing the Happy Birthday song and he'd still be able to impress Jessica. After singing 3 songs, Jonghyun came back to the counter for a water break.

"1 glass of water please," he said. Jessica handed him a cup with water.

"Admit it, you couldn't take your eyes off of me," he whispered. Jessica blushed. She couldn't believe he caught her staring.

"Aren't you a little too full of yourself?"Jessica said defensively.

"Whatever you say," Jonghyun smirked, "but actions speak louder than words." he handed her the empty glass.

"Don't forget to blink," he teased, walking back to the state. "That guy is impossible!"She wanted to scream.

--

Both Minho and Yuri collapsed unto the grass from exhaustion. The two had played all day, but both were too stubborn to take a break.

"I totally won" Yuri said gasping for air.

"In your dreams, I scored way more than you," Minho argued just as breathless. The truth was, both of them lost count after the first 10 goals. They were uselessly arguing.

"I give up, what flavor you want?' he asked standing up. He was too tired to fight. Yuri looked up at him surprised that he'd still buy even though neither of them won.

"Do you not want any?" He asked when she didn't reply.

"Chocolate," she spoke up. Who was she to turn down free ice cream?

"Okay, I'll be right back," he said and disappeared. He came back with 2 chocolate cones and handed one to her.

"Thanks," she said taking it.

"You're welcome," he said, sitting down beside her.

"Why are you trying to get me to join clubs? Why don't you join? You’re not half bad, "Minho said.

"I'll take that as a compliment," she said, "And I can't because there is no girls' soccer."

"Then start your own team. You already have 2 other members. Just recruit more people." Yuri stared at him. She'd never thought of it like that.

"I'll make you a deal," Minho said, "If you manage to start your own team, I'll join the school's soccer club."

"Are you serious?" Yuri asked. This was not the Minho she knew from school. She was impressed.

"We got ourselves a deal," she stuck her hand out. He took it and the two shook on it.


BTW everyone heard the Khunfany dating news right? My poor sifany heart T.T. I'm happy for them though.

Please read and review! Subscribe if you want to!

Lots of love!!