Unexpected!

High School 2013

Here's Chapter 4, and a new Poster, made by the same talented friend.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters, blah blah blah... enjoy!!

"Beep, beep, beep!" Yuri eyes opened slowly.  She hit the alarm button to get it to stop.  Her eyes adjusted on the clock.  "8:05” It read.  At that Yuri jumped out of bed and started panicking.  She was late for school.

"Why didn’t mom wake me up?!"  Yuri thought.  Usually her mother would wake her up without fail.   She grabbed her uniform on and started frantically putting it on.  She combed her hair which got longer during the year and ran into the bathroom brushing her teeth and splashing her face with water.
“She ran down the stairs and was about to dash out of the house, when her brother, YoungJoo, asked her, "What are you doing?"  Yuri stopped in her tracks.
"You do know that it's the weekend right?" Youngjoo pointed out.
"What?!"  Yuri shouted.  She felt really stupid now.  
"By the way, your sweater vest is inside-out, and you're wearing you pajamas under you skirt."  YoungJoo said as he walked out of the room. Yuri felt like a completed idiot.  She walked back to her room took off her uniform and fell back into bed.  "If I'm not going to school, might as well sleep right?" Yuri thought and began to drift back to dreamland.
"Ring, ring, riiiiiing!" This time it was the phone.  Yuri inwardly groaned.
"Hello," she said grumpily.
“Yuri-ah wake up, we’re playing soccer in the park, remember?"  That preppy voice belonged to Tiffany, one of her best friends.
“Hurry up Yuri, I did not wake up early for nothing,” this voice belonged to Jessica, her other best friend.
When those two gang up together, Yuri always ends up losing.
 “Fine, give me ten minutes." Yuri said and she sat up and crawled out of bed.
“Kay- Kay!" Tiffany said, “we’ll be going up to make sure your not lying!" 
“What?!” Yuri exclaimed, "You guys are in my house and you called me on the phone?"
“Correction, When we called you we were on the way to you house," Tiffany said.
“You know what do whatever," Yuri said and clicked the red button on the phone to disconnect the call.  
“Okay," Tiffany and Jessica invited themselves in.  Surprised at first, Yuri almost fell out of bed.
“Yah, don't do that!" Yuri scolded her friends. 
"Sorry," Tiffany said.  She wore short sweats, and t-shirt. Jessica on the other hand wore knee- length sweats and tank top.
“Just wait, I'll get dressed," Yuri climbed out of bed and undressed. Tiffany and Jessica gasped.
" What?" she asked confused.
"It finally grew in!" Tiffany squealed excitedly.  Jessica approached her clueless friend and placed both  her hands on Yuri's .
" They're legit," Jessica said.
“Yah!" Yuri swatted Jessica's hands away. "Keep your hands to yourself." 
“Can you really blame Jess," tiffany said,” I mean it's not every day our friends s grow in." 
Yuri was always teased for being flat-chested and looking and acting like a boy.  At least now she looked like a girl, though her attitude has not changed.  
“You’re all a bunch of s," Yuri said with a roll of her eyes. She put on her long sweat pants and sweater. "Let's go,” she said.
"Now that's schools over, I have to admit I'll miss class 2-b," Tiffany said with a sigh.
“Me too, I'll even miss Ms. Ahn," Yuri said with a shudder as she imagined her scary homeroom teacher.
'I, for one, am glad to get away from those punks for a while." Jessica said with a sigh.  The girls walked on a sidewalk overlooking the park.
"Yay we're here!" Tiffany cheered, “let’s go save a spot to practice!" Tiffany said as she pulled a very unwilling ice princess along.
Yuri smiled and was about to follow when someone ran past her.  She immediately turned to look at the person jogging away.  She had recognized that face, even if it was a glance.  It was Choi Minho and the only reason she had bothered to pay any attention was because he looked like he was exercising. The lazy and inattentive boy that everyone called Choi Minho was doing actually doing something active. 
"Who would've thought." she shrugged as she ran down to tell her friends.
“You will not guess who I just saw running!" She told her friends.
"Kim HyunBin?!" Tiffany guessed.
"The Easter bunny?" Jessica asked as if she couldn't have cared less.
“No, and Really?" Yuri commented on what Jessica had said. “It was Choi Minho!"
“Maybe he's late for something, or.. Or maybe something is chasing him?!" Tiffany guessed.
“No, I think he was really exercising," Yuri said.
"I didn't think that day would come." Jessica commented.  She may act like she didn't care about anything but even she knew the habits of Choi Minho.  The guy uses his class time to nap.  When he's not sleeping he looks outside the window and stares at the clouds for a long time. There's a rumor that he figured out how to sleep with his eyes opened.
“Really, are you sure you didn't imagine it?" Tiffany asked doubtfully.
“Why would I be imagining Choi Minho out of all the other living things in this world." Jessica and Tiffany shared a look and burst out laughing.
"I don't know why you hate the guy so much,” Jessica shook her head. “What did he ever do to you?"
“He’s lazy and a lousy vice president."  Yuri muttered.  “Do you know how much I suffered as class president?"  Her friend silently shook their head.
“Three words," Yuri shuddered, “Classroom Cleaning Duty." 
“Say no more my friend." Jessica said.
“Poor Yuri- ah," Tiffany said.
“Let’s just play," She growled.
“Okay!" Jessica and Tiffany said together, one more excited than the other.  Tiffany made an impressive improvement.  She learned really fast and could already keep up with Yuri and Jessica.  Yuri did bring up that day in freshmen year during soccer registration. Turns out Jessica liked to play as well and she was actually really good.  The three friends were all really competitive and like to have some friendly competition.  They made a goal out of two rocks set a distance a part.  Tiffany took on the goalie position first. Yuri and Jessica would try to steal the ball from each other and try to kick the ball into the goal.  As soon as one of them scores, the person who scores and the goalie would switch. The girls played and switched around until an attempt to keep the ball away from tiffany backfired.  Yuri kicked the ball a little too far and it flew to the nearby soccer field.
"Aw you kicked it too hard." Tiffany pouted.
"Hurry up and get the ball so can continue with our game!" Jessica shooed her friend away.
"Urg, Fine!' She said and made her way toward the ball. She jogged in the direction that the soccer ball went.  Yuri saw her ball and was about to make her way towards the ball when someone else got there first.  It was Choi Minho. What he did next shocked Yuri to the point where flew open. He dug his feet under the ball and kicked it upwards.  He kept it off the ground using first his feet, then his knees, than his chest, and unto his head.  He demonstrated serious control and skill the way he handled the ball.  Yuri stood gaping at the sight in front of her.  Never in a million years would she imagine that Choi Minho not only played the sport, but he played it well.  Then a thought crossed her mind.  “If he could play so well why didn't he join the team?" She thought.  
"Hey, class Prez. Are you enjoying the show?"  Yuri snapped out of her thoughts.  She tried to diminish her blush, embarrassed to be caught staring.
"Eh hem," she coughed, "can I have my ball back?"  
"Sure," he said and kicked the ball that he kept off the ground to Yuri, who stopped the ball with her chest.
“That hurts," she thought, not because he kicked it too hard, but her new-born s were a bit sensitive.  She was about to turn and go, but a question gnawed at her brain.
“Yah, If you could play, why don't you?" she asked.
“I guess it's because I don't want to," Minho shrugged.
“Let me give you some advice," Yuri said without bothering to consider Minho's opinion. “You’re really good, but you lack motivation.  If you don't have a reason to play, do it because you like the sport.  I mean you do like soccer right?"
"You sound like a Hallmark card," He said.
“You’re impossible!" Yuri said and started dribbling the ball back to her friends.  “Last time I try to talk seriously to him." Yuri muttered to herself.  
“Did you sneak away to take a nap or something? Why did you take so long?" Jessica asked sitting on the ground.  She didn't want to tell her friends about her encounter, so she just shrugged it off.
“Let’s just play," She said and her friends didn’t press her for more...
“Sorry Yuri-ah, but I have to get ready for work," Tiffany said.  Tiffany recently got a job at a small restaurant. She started running up the hill.
“Kay," Yuri said, " Jessica, wanna play one-on-one?"
“You’re on!"  Jessica said.


Read, Review, Subscribe!!!!