Alone

High School 2013

I'm back guys! Sorry I couldn't update like I promised, but I'll make it up to you guys.  Thanks to all my subscriber and reviewers.  You guys put a smile on my face and motivate me to continue writing.  I'll try not to disappoint. I want to thank my friend who made this amazing poster for my story. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters, just the plot.

All right you've guys waited long enough, here's Chapter 2!


Chapter 2: Alone
Thursday, March 21, 2013
7:52 PM
Seoul 2023
Yuri looked through the yearbook, reminiscing about her High School Years. She skimmed through the pages until one picture caught her eyes. It was her in her freshmen year with another girl with short-length hair and a cute eye smile. Yuri smiled fondly at the picture when the phone rang. She sat the yearbook down and went to pick up the phone.
“Hello,” she said,
 “Omo you’re back?”
“You’ll have to come by and visit me, or else,”
“Oh by the way, I found the old yearbook,”
“Don’t sound so surprised, of course I still have it,”
“There was an old picture of us,”
“Yeah, me too, I miss it.”

Seoul 2009, Freshmen Year

Yuri was having a hard time making herself go to school.  It’s been 2 weeks, but things aren't going any better.  She failed to make friends- not because she couldn't, but simply because she doesn't try.  After what happened with Jiyeon and Soojung -aka Krystal (she changed it as soon as she got into high school), she couldn't trust people as well.  Jiyeon  and  Krystal   were  her  best  friends  for 5 years,  she couldn't  believe  they  would ditch her for popularity.   She was devastated.   Yuri sat in class.
"Class president, please do your duties."  Ms.  Ahn reminded her.   Yuri   stood up unenthusiastically and led the class greetings. She sat back down again.
"Great news everyone, a new student will be joining us today," Ms. Ahn didn't look at all pleased, in fact she said it as if she was saying."Great, a new student, more work for me. Yuri rolled her eyes.  
"Her name is Hwang Tiffany," Ms.  Ahn said pronouncing ‘Tiffany’ like ‘Tippani’. "She's  from America,   and her  hangul  is  not  very  good  so  please  be  nice  and  help her out.  Yeah right Yuri thought. If Tiffany  was to come  to this  class  she  would  be  made  fun  of  relentlessly.   As if right on cue, a girl   with cute short hair and neatly worn uniform stepped in.   She was pretty in a girly sort of way, she looked shy.
" Annyeonghaseyo, I'm  Tiffany,  I  hope  we  can all  get  along  with  one  another."  She said loudly. Tiffany sounded outgoing and well- not shy.  The class laughed loudly around her.
"She sounds so foreign.  It's so funny."    Eunhyuk, the joker of the classroom said through laughs.   Tiffany frowned, confused.  Poor  girl,  it  wasn't  her  fault she  had  the  bad luck  of  being  put in  a  class   with  a  bunch  of  idiot.
"Ms. Hwang please sit beside Yuri."  Ms. Ahn said pointing at Yuri. Tiffany lit up at that.  With an   enthusiastic nod she walked over to Yuri and sat down.   
"Annyeong!"   Tiffany said the same time   Yuri said, “Hello” in English.  They awkwardly laughed it   off.
“It’s okay, I can understand Korean, and I just can't speak it fluently."  Tiffany said. Yuri nodded. Tiffany seemed like a great girl, bright, energetic, and nice.  But Yuri  tried  not to get too  close   remembering  how  she   felt  when her   so-called  friends  backstabbed  her. Tiffany had a difficult time that whole   day.   It's  like  the  whole   class  avoided  her  when she  was  so  intent on making friends   with   them. Yuri  felt  bad for  her.    She  had  a  hard  time  with  all  the  subjects  excluding  English,  which  she  did  not  show off.  During  free period   the classroom  was chaotic.   Sunny  Lee  fell  for the    fake  spider  trick that Lee  Sungmin played on her. Eunhyuk  would  not  shut  up and  talked  through  it   all.    Sulli, Amber, and  Luna were  in  their  own  little  world.    Junhyung  and Yoseob   talked-   well   Yoseob  talked  and Junhyung pretended  to  listen.
Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were laughing and   talking loudly.    Chansung and Taecyeon were reading a   magazine and listening to music, respectably. Jessica sat alone staring into space.  Onew read a book and   Taemin talked.  After being shut out of all the conversation, Tiffany sat down looking like she was trying not to cry.   Yuri pitied the girl.   At lunch she sat all by herself.  "What an oddball," "She's weird."
"Just because she's from the states, she thinks she's all that."  Rumors and gossips sure spread fast.  Yuri didn't know why but she was keeping her eye on the new student.  
In the hallway after lunch, Tiffany dropped her book and Ok Taecyeon picked it up for her and they were conversing casually.  The next day, she's a flirt.  But despite all that, her smile never left her face.  
Than it happened. Into the third week, a bunch of girls ganged up on her.  
“Look here Tiffany, Taecyeon oppa is mine!” Eunjung said and grabbed Tiffany by her hair. “Don’t act like you’re better than us, okay!” Eunjung wasn’t alone.  Gyuri, Krystal, Jiyeon, Jiyoung, and Yoona stood by. Yoona, the queen bee looked bored and walked away. Yuri couldn’t hold it in any longer.  
“Yah, isn’t it a bit unfair!” She shouted stepping into the scene.  The girls turned to look at her. “5 against one is a bit much even for you guys right?”  Tiffany stared at her admiringly.
“Why you!” Gyuri held her hand up to slap Yuri.
“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” Yuri said.  She didn’t look scared, but Krystal and Jiyeon sure did, “unless you want me to bruise your pretty little faces,” Yuri continued.  When she saw that Eunjung looked clueless, she went on to say, “I was sure “Krystal and Jiyeon would’ve told you by now, but I guess they didn’t,”
“Who do you think you are?!” Jiyoung demanded.
“Someone who beat up 5 guys and could easily beat you girls up!” Yuri spat. She took Tiffany’s hand and pulled her away from Eunjung’s grasp and left the girls gaping.
Once they were out of sight, Tiffany looked up at her with admiration and thanked her.
“It’s okay,” Yuri shrugged and asked, “Do you want to be friends with me?”
“Of course I do, you’re so cool,” Tiffany said.
“Next time don’t let them step all over you like that!” Yuri fixed Tiffany’s hair.
“Okay, new bestie!” Tiffany smiled and linked arms with Yuri.  They both head to their next class together. “Yuri-ah, since we’re best friends now, you should tell me more about yourself.”
“There’s not much to tell,” Yuri shrugged.
“of course there is.  I want to know everything about you. Tell me about your family and your hobbies and your past.” Yuri smiled
“Well, I have a weird mom and a weirder dad, and an older brother, who graduated but still lives at home,” Yuri offered, “What about you?”
“My mom passed away 4 years back.” She said sadness in her eyes.  Yuri suddenly didn’t know what to say. She had been lucky to have both her parents as weird as they were. Tiffany smiled brightly again. “It’s okay, don’t feel bad for me. Sure I miss my mom, but I’m happy with my life.  My mom recently remarried and my stepmom is awesome.  She even has a son. You know Taek, right?”
“Ok Taecyeon?” Yuri was shocked, “If he was your step-brother, why didn’t you just say so?”
“They wouldn’t have listed. Anyways I’m glad I met you. I really couldn’t ask for a better friend.” Yuri smiled.
“What are your hobbies?” Yuri asked Tiffany.
“I took ballet and gymnastic ever since I was young, what about you?’ Tiffany asked.
“Wow, we really are different,” Yuri commented I play- well I played soccer.”
“That’s awesome!” Tiffany said excitedly, “I’ve always wanted to learn.”
“I could teach you,” Yuri offered.
“I would love that.” Tiffany said.
“Tell me about your friends,” Tiffany said.  Yuri hesitated, but reluctantly told her about what happened between Krystal, Jiyeon, and her. “So besides you I have no other friends.”
“That’s horrible what those girls did to you,” Tiffany frowned.
“I should’ve seen it coming though.” Yuri explained. “Last year they started to change. They suddenly cared about how they looked and started showing signs of disgust towards soccer.  We became distant little by little.  I should’ve known they would turn out like this.”
“You couldn’t have known Yuri, and I promise I will never do that to you. Ever!” Yuri smiled.
“Thanks and I promise to be a good friend,” Yuri said.
“Fany-ah are you okay?” Taecyeon ran towards Tiffany and Yuri. Class was over and he probably heard about what happened.
“I’m fine, Yuri’s got my back,” Taecyeon smiled gratefully at Yuri.
“Thanks for looking out for my little sister.” He said.  The class looked utterly shocked.
“You two are related?” Sunny and Sooyoung asked in unison.
“No she’s my stepsister.” Taecyeon said. “And guys, she doesn’t bite, she just has trouble speaking Korean, so don’t treat her like some sort of disease.” Taecyeon was ‘respected’. He was tall and built of a 15 year old.
"You wanna walk home together?"  He asked Tiffany in English. Wow perfect English.  Impressive.
"No I think  I'll walk  with  Yuri,  she  lives nearby -  well  if that’s  okay with Yuri-ah" Yuri nodded.
"See you at home!" Taecyeon said with a wave and left. It wasn't long until girls and boys alike started gathering around Tiffany and Yuri.
"Hi my name is Sooyoung," the tall  skinny girl introduced herself. "I like your hair!"
"Thanks," Tiffany smiled.  
"Sorry we were avoiding you.  We just thought that just because you’re from the US, you would look down on us."   A short bubbly girl said, "I'm Sunny by the way, let's be friends!" Not long after, Class 2-B all   introduced themselves and finally treated Tiffany like a friend.
"Bye!"  Tiffany said with a smile firmly pasted on her face.
"Are you happy?"  Yuri asked her new friend.
"Of course I am.  I finally feel like I belong here.  And it's all   thanks  to  you and Taek." Tiffany replied.
"So are you and Taecyeon really close?" Yuri asked curious.
"Closer than most blood related siblings." She said.  I knew him since we were younger.   My dad   and his mom were close friends.  After Mom passed away, she stepped in and helped my dad and I through this process.  Taec's mom is the closest thing I have to a mom and she made my dad happy.  And if  my daddy's  happy, my mommy's happy: and  if mom's  happy,  I'm happy.  It  was hard for them to be together  with  just holiday  visits  because  my  dad  and I lived so far  away, so  we decided  to move.   And now   I'm here.  Yuri nodded   understandingly. 
"Do you want to visit my house?" Yuri asked." My parents would love to meet you,"
“Really?!  I would love to, but on one condition- you have to visit my house too."  
  
   
-And that was the beginning of a beautiful friend ship. Tiffany and Yuri became inseparable after that.  Despite their differences, they were the best of friend. They
promised each other that they would always have each other’s back.  And they did. Before they knew it, freshmen year was over and sophomore year began.  


As you've noticed, there is no Minyul moments yet, but please be patient. I'm trying to build the plot. There'll be plenty to look forward to.  Anyways Read and Review, and subscribe if you'd like.  I love you all!!!