Kyuhyuk: Balloons (DBSK)

Kyuhyun's Drabble Diary

It was the beginning of SJM’s promotion and the SJM members found themselves living in Taiwan, a beautiful country rich in culture. Members quickly adjusted to their new routine as they continued on with their schedules and hectic days, but somehow Eunhyuk could never get used to it.

The word homesickness isn’t really the best word to describe what he felt. There was no loneliness at all. The feeling that he felt shall be christened, “leaderitis”, an ‘illness’ that all leaders have when they are worried about members who are far away from them either missing, members who left, or ones who are doing solo activities. And did I mention that it’s EXTREMELY contagious? Even though Eunhyuk, himself, wasn’t a leader, he seemed to have gotten this ‘illness’ from their angel leader. Waking up in the middle of the night Eunhyuk would be sweating cold bullets as he kept texting the members who were left behind in Seoul. Asking them how they were, if Sukira was doing fine, if they fed Choco his dog, he even asked them to keep an eye out on Shindong since he was starting to diet again.

Leeteuk’s signature high pitched laughter was ringing through the phone as it was the fourth time that night Eunhyuk had called him.

“Hyukkie, the person who should be worrying about these things is me. Just enjoy Taiwan and let me handle things back here in Seoul.”

“Ne, hyung...” Eunhyuk sighed as he closed his phone. Eventually, Eunhyuk wandered off towards the living room and the balcony, leaning against the railings as he stared at the beautiful night life of the city. Wind was gently blowing through his hair on that fine spring evening.

“Why do I feel so weird? I shouldn’t be this worried about all of them… and yet I do.” Eunhyuk mumbled to himself as he hung his head in frustration. However, a pair of arms s around Eunhyuk’s small waist as they envelope him into a hug. A head lay limply on Eunhyuk’s shoulder as he could feel their breath. Instantly, Eunhyuk knew who it was. “Kyu… what are you doing here?” A small snicker was heard as Kyuhyun only hugged tighter.

“I should be asking you that Hyukkie? You’ve been sleeping less and are more stressed than usual. Do you want to tell me anything?” Kyuhyun replied.

“Sorry Kyu, it’s just that… that… aish, I don’t know.” Kyuhyun just smiled as he pulled Eunhyuk in for a kiss. “Maybe it’s just that you miss the members… all of them… us being complete, a whole.” Finally, Eunhyuk realized why he felt that way. He did miss the members who weren’t there with them. He missed all of them being crammed in four vans as they drove from stage to stage, how ordering food was pandemonium, and he certainly missed them all being up on stage, together singing for their fans.

“You’re right Kyu… I guess I do miss them. Hell, I miss them so friggin’ much! And I don’t want any of the other members to go away too!” Clutching on to Kyuhyun’s sweatshirt, Eunhyuk’s muffled cry was heard throughout the dorm as members peered into the living room with looks of concern. Kyuhyun mouthed, ‘I’ll handle this.’ And soon the members nodded and headed back into their rooms as Kyuhyun patted Eunhyuk gently on the back, humming a soft tune, sending Eunhyuk to sleep.

The next morning, Eunhyuk came out, with puffy red eyes, collapsing on a chair. Beside him, on the table were… four laptops? Why are there so many? Eunhyuk thought to himself, but immediately the screens flashed on as one by one, members’ faces popped up: Leeteuk, Yesung, Heechul, Shindong, Kangin, Kibum and even Hangeng.  Each one of them was holding a sapphire blue balloon.

“W-what is going on here?” Tears formed in his eyes. A door creaked behind him as the SJM members, including Henry and Zhou Mi came out, also holding sapphire blue balloons. Handing him one as well, the members took the laptops and brought them towards the balcony. In the screens, the other members headed outside too.

“Hyukkie, I know you miss the members, and since we can’t all be together yet, we’ll do this instead.” Kyuhyun explained as he lifted his balloon up to the sky, giving Eunhyuk a peck on the lips.

“I wish for us to be together once more.” Kyuhyun stated, all of them agreed and a countdown began… One… Two… Three… RELEASE! Soon all of the sapphire balloons took off towards the endless azure sky. Floating upwards, somehow… the balloons gather together as they continued to fly up, never looking down, and staying together forever.