Kyumin: Hello (SHINee)

Kyuhyun's Drabble Diary

“Hello, I-I’m K-Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun.” The new maknae said, bowing to his hyungs, Super Junior. Only eighteen, he was immediately thrown into the entertainment business with little training. Not only that, but he now he was surrounded by many not so friendly pairs of eyes.

“I can’t believe that they would give us another member. I mean, we have enough as it is.” Said the voice of the pink-loving, bunny-hugging aegyo king, Lee Sungmin. However at that moment, he transformed into a cold-heart person. Kyuhyun’s heart sunk once he heard those words. His shoulders slumped, pain was evident in his eyes. Soon, an elbow came flying in, aimed for Sungmin.

“OW! What was that for?” Looking to the right of him, Sungmin could see Donghae glaring at him.

“That wasn’t very nice hyung. He just came in and you treat him like that already?” He exclaimed as he reached out for Kyuhyun.

“I apologize for his behavior Kyuhyun, he’s… just in a foul mood.” Those words that Sungmin said really did hurt, but being the new one, Kyuhyun quickly concealed it with a smile.

“It’s fine… um, Donghae hyung, do you mind showing me around?” Donghae nodded as he took by Kyuhyun by the hand and began to show him around. Watching them as the left, Sungmin looked on. Frustration was in his eyes because that maknae stole his spotlight. Yet at the same time, there was hint of jealousy because he wasn’t the one who was showing Kyuhyun around. Immediately, Sungmin buried his head in his hands, confused and conflicted with these contrasting emotions.

A year has passed since Kyuhyun joined the group, and those same contradicting feelings were still deep inside of Sungmin. He wanted to hate Kyuhyun for stealing the spotlight away from, for being a better singer than him… but his heart wouldn’t let him. And even if he tried, Kyuhyun would always smile at Sungmin, making him guilty every time.

One day, while watching a TV show, Donghae walked up to Sungmin, tapping him on the shoulder.

“Hyung… I was wondering, do you really hate Kyuhyun?” Donghae questioned. Looking up towards his dongsaeng, Sungmin really didn’t know how to answer it.

“I-I uh-I don’t know.” Donghae soon began to smile.

“See? You don’t even know yourself hyung. So, let me ask you this, what do you think of Kyuhyun?” Immediately, Sungmin responded.

“Well, he’s got a really velvety voice, his deep, dark brown eyes are just so alluring and when he smiles… it’s like-oh no… am I?” Sungmin exclaimed, stopping himself as he gasped.

“Yup. Don’t deny it hyung.” A red blush crept up to Sungmin’s face. “I can’t!” Shaking his head, Donghae grabbed Sungmin by the wrist. Throwing him into Kyuhyun’s room, Donghae closed the door tight.

“Tell him hyung!” Flabbergasted, Sungmin started to bang on the door.

“You sneaky little fish! If I wasn’t stuck in this room, I would so kick your to Pluto right now!”

“Hyung… why do you want to do that?” Turning around, he could see Kyuhyun, and blushed.

“I-um, I have something to say to you Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun tilted his head in confusion as Sungmin was gathering himself together. This is it… there’s no return now. “Kyu… I lo-” “You love me right?” Kyuhyun replied, finishing Sungmin’s thought.

“W-what? How?”

“I had a hunch… but since we started on the wrong foot, I didn’t want to ask you and get completely annihilated.” Kyuhyun simply replied.

“I’m sorry… you must hate me now.” Sungmin responded. But, Kyuhyun lifted Sungmin’s chin up and smiled. “There’s nothing to apologize for… but, can we start all over again?” Grabbing Sungmin’s hand, he pulled him closer.

“I’ll start first. Hello, my name is Cho Kyuhyun and I have unexpectedly fallen in love with you.” Blushing furiously Kyuhyun continued to talk. “In fact, I have for some time.” Yanking Sungmin forwards, their lips crashed together, everything seemed so right at that moment. Pulling apart, Sungmin snuggled next to Kyuhyun as he smiled brightly.

“I love you too... I guess a simple hello was all it took for us to realize that.”