Kangkyu: Wrong Number (DBSK)

Kyuhyun's Drabble Diary

A monotone voice spoke loud and clear through Kangin’s cell phone, “I’m sorry, but you have called the wrong number for this number is now unavailable. Please try another number or hang up.”  Irritated, Kangin slammed his phone shut as he fell backwards onto his bed. Staring at a list of the members’ numbers, more than half of their numbers were no longer usable.

“What is SM trying to do to me? I have every right to contact the members.” Kangin groaned. But even though Kangin was completely impatient, he was sure as hell persistent. Picking up his phone for what felt like the 100th time that day, he tried dialing the evil maknae’s number quickly. Holding the phone up to his ear, he could hear the same old beeping noise over and over again. That was until someone supposedly picked up the phone. Kangin’s face lit up just a bit, but the familiar sentence was repeated once more.

“I’m sorry, but you have called the wrong number…” The voice soon could no longer be heard in Kangin’s head as he was about to chuck the phone at the wall. Until, a familiar voice rang in Kangin’s ear.

“Haha, fooled you.” Kyuhyun teased. His signature evil laughter was emanating from the phone.

“Why you… son of a- damn it, maknae! Did you plan this all?” However Kyuhyun was completely puzzled.

“What? I thought I would just make a funny prank when you called me.”

“So… you didn’t rig the others’ cell phones?”

“No. Why would I?” Kyuhyun replied.

“Oh, sorry…” Kangin said a little embarrassed. But Kyuhyun quickly reassured him, “It’s alright hyung. However, the members did change their cell phone numbers recently.”

“Huh? Why?”

“The company forced us to, it’s so that Hangeng hyung can’t contact us.”

“What the hell? That’s stupid-wait- then why didn’t you change your number?” He said, realizing that Kyuhyun kept his original number.

“So… I-I can keep us from separating.” Kyuhyun muttered.

“Eh?” Quickly, Kyuhyun changed what he said.

“T-the other members forgot to tell you, so I thought that I would.”

“Oh… thanks Kyu.”

“But, I’m glad that you’ll be out of the army in a few months hyung.” Kyuhyun said, immediately changing the subject. However, Kangin didn’t notice.

“Yeah, but Teukie hyung has to go and Heechul hyung is already in.”

“But, I haven’t seen you in like 2 years hyung… I miss you.” This unusual statement from Kyuhyun made Kangin shock a little.

“Kyuhyun, you’re acting weird. Tell me, what’s up.” Kyuhyun sighed as he quickly obliged to his hyung.

“It’s just that everyone’s leaving… and I feel like everything’s crumbling and that-” “Stop.” Kangin replied, interrupting Kyuhyun rant as he let out a faint smile.

“Kyuhyun, this is temporary. We’re not leaving forever ok? We’ll all be back together eventually. So, just sit tight.” Kyuhyun soon smiled once he heard that reassurance from Kangin.

“Thanks, hyung… I’ll wait for all of us to be back together.” A smile spreads across Kyuhyun’s face.

“Good. Now I have to go, duty calls.” Soon, the two said their goodbyes and hung up. Staring at his phone, Kangin smiled. Maybe have a few wrong numbers was okay after all. It had only strengthened his bond with them, especially Kyuhyun. __________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Ahh, the feels of brotherly love ^^