Kyubum: Sorry Sorry Answer (SJ)

Kyuhyun's Drabble Diary

Opening the door of Super Junior’s dorm, Kibum quietly shut it closed again. It had been eons since he had stepped into the dorms and it felt really good to be back. However as he was lost in thought, a pair of arms came flying from out of nowhere, embracing the missing member.

“BUMMIE! Where the hell have you been?” Leeteuk cried like a worried mother as he just tightened his grasp around Kibum, almost suffocating him.

“Hyung… can’t breathe…” Realizing that he was squeezing the life out of Kibum, Leeteuk immediately let go.

“I’m sorry… but I missed you so much. In fact, all of us have.” From behind him the rest of the members filed into the living room and got a chance to hug their long time non-active member. Donghae and Eunhyuk were clinging onto him like koalas and he was apparently the fake eucalyptus tree. Ryeowook was in the kitchen, cooking up a storm for his arrival to the dorms. Siwon praised the lord for him coming back, while Sungmin, Shindong, and (surprisingly) Yesung gave the normal ‘welcome back’ and a hug filled with joy and happiness.

“Man, you got to explain yourself Bummie! Why don’t you come back and join us already?!” Heechul exclaimed as he grabbed Kibum’s bag, ready to hide it, so that Kibum would have to stay. It was Heechul’s brilliant impromptu plan.

“Hyung! Be careful, it has my script!” Kibum explained as he tried to yank the bag out of Heechul’s grasp, but with no luck.

“Another drama Kibum?” “But it’s what I love to do.” Kibum countered as he successfully grabbed his script as well as his bag away from the grasp of Heenim.

“We know Kibummie, and we fully support you know matter what you do. But, is that all you love? I think you’re forgetting something... or someone.” Leeteuk said from behind him, his eyes showed care and concern. Turning around, Kibum face was showing guilt.

“Where is he?” With a smile, Leeteuk pointed to one of the bedrooms down the hall.

“He still hasn’t forgiven you entirely Kibum, especially since you never answered him.” Heechul explained, his eyes deepened.

“I know…” More guilt clouded Kibum’s eyes. With a pat on the back from Heechul, Kibum slowly made his way down the winding hallway and towards Kyuhyun’s room. From outside, he could hear him shouting obscenities to, what was most likely, his laptop.

“HA! Take that you insolent piece of shi-Damn it- don’t go and blast me with that stupid laser of yours!? Aish, I hope you all die in a hole, explode into oblivion, and no one can find your bodies!” It seemed like the maknae was REALLY absorbed into the game. Quiet laughter escaped Kibum’s lips, the same evil maknae I know… he’s still the same. Soon, he opened the door.

Sitting with his back turned away from Kibum was Kyuhyun pounding his fingers with agility across the keyboard, muttering swears and a lot of ‘die’ as he rapidly pressed the mouse button, only to return his fingers to the keys. Just as Kibum was about to close the door, he didn’t seem to notice the protruding bedpost and rammed his leg into it. Even though Kibum didn’t scream, the sudden sound shocked Kyuhyun out of his game trance. With a few clicks, his game was paused as he turned around. Once he got a glimpse of who made the sound, his eyes widened. His hands started to shake and he bit his lip in nervousness.

“K-Kibum, what are you doing… here?” Kyuhyun asked anxiously as he closed his laptop shut.

“I’m here because I want to be here.” Kibum responded.

“Is this really the place you want to be at? Don’t you want to be at a set or something? Not spend your time here…” Turning his gaze away from Kibum, Kyuhyun stared out his window. His fists transformed themselves into tight balls as his knuckles turned white, eyes veiled by water. Padding over to Kyuhyun, Kibum lightly placed his hands over Kyuhyun’s.

“Don’t do that Kyuhyun…” “Do what? CRY?! Because I certainly think I deserve to!” Kyuhyun retorted back, exploding right then and there.

“Do you know what it feels like Kibum? To say that you like… no, to say that you LOVE someone and have absolute silence? Nothing? Not even a ‘no’ as a response? Do you know how my heart felt when you left without a word? You never answered me and you left me with nothing to be happy about or even anything to recover from.” Now tears were descending down Kyuhyun’s pale face.

“I’m sorry…” Kibum’s voice trailed off as the remorse soon grew heavier.

“Sorry, isn’t going to do it Kibum! It’s not going to fix my heart. It’s not going to recover all the lost time crying at night! And it’s certainly not going to get rid of my never ending love for you!” Sniffling, droplets were covering Kyuhyun’s pants and shirt as they did not seem to stop. He immediately turned away. And just as Kyuhyun thought this would never end, a pair of arms surrounded him from behind, snaking their way around Kyuhyun’s waist.

“What are you-”

“Stop.” Kibum interrupted as they sat there in silence and Kyuhyun could have sworn that a few teardrops fell on shoulder. After a good ten minutes, Kibum immediately turned him around. Kyuhyun’s suspicions were true as Kibum’s eyes were red and swollen just like his.

“Look Kyu… I’m really sorry, SO sorry.” Clenching his shirt tightly, Kibum continued. “To be truthful, I was scared… scared to face my true feelings. I thought that staying far away for a bit would help me clear my head. And I was wrong. It did nothing, but do the complete opposite.” Cupping his hands around Kyuhyun’s cheeks, Kibum whispered softly. “Now I’m ready to answer your question Kyuhyun, and this is my answer… I love you too.” Locking lips they shared a sweet and passionate kiss that the both of them had waited so long to get. And finally, after all those years, Kyuhyun got his answer.