Hankyu: Ring Ding Dong (SHINee)

Kyuhyun's Drabble Diary

Kyuhyun looked up to him as a role model, the person who he wanted to be like. He was the one who left their home country in order to pursue their dreams. Friends, family, and anything familiar to him were gone. But despite all of that, he still survived and prospered in this foreign place and because of that, Kyuhyun truly admired him.

But everything changed once he filed against the company. Kyuhyun’s heart shattered like glass once he heard of the news.

“Why are you doing this hyung? Why didn’t you tell me- why didn’t you tell any of us?” Kyuhyun shouted as he confronted him. His hands were clenched up into tight fists as tears threatened to fall. The person he loved and admired was leaving him and he couldn’t do anything about it. The feeling of helplessness flooded his body, seeping into his soul.

“I’m sorry.” Was all he could say, and he left, leaving Kyuhyun alone in the living room.

 However once he left, something happened to Kyuhyun. All of the colors in his life were sapped away, leaving only his body. His soul had vanished, disappeared after he left. But Kyuhyun still believed that he was still in contact. But once he left… he really did go, leaving no way to contact him. He changed his phone number, email address, and moved to a different country which didn’t help either. Kyuhyun tried to call for him, even if he was thousands of miles away in a different country, even if his company might scold him, he tried.

Dialing frivolously on the keypad, he typed down his number that he knew by heart. But nothing happened. Kyuhyun tried again, but he never picked up. Ring Ding Dong. There was no answer, no response. Ring Ding Dong. Placing down the phone, tears flow freely from his eyes as he suppressed the urge to scream.

Now it’s been almost five years since Kyuhyun got to hear his voice and he missed it so much. But the day before his birthday there was a slight vibration in his pocket as well as a soft noise. Ring Ding Dong. Picking the cell up, he could see a name that hadn’t been seen in so long. Ring Ding Dong. He called, he finally called and Kyuhyun answered with joy.

 “Hangeng gege… I miss you.” Over the phone, there was a soft and happy reply back.

“I miss you too Kyu… I miss you too.”