8

Sleepless Nights

Yuri woke up with a bad headache after all the crying she did. She then realized that she wasn’t in her room because there were no Mickey Mouse and Rilakkuma plushies next to her. Then she remembered about yesterday’s events. She groaned before covering her face with the blanket.

Blueberries. Never thought they smell this good and addictive. Yuri thought to herself. Suddenly she remembered Yoona’s strawberry scent. She had always loved waking up to that particular scent. Before she could even tear up, she decided to get herself out of bed. Enough of crying, she’s going to start afresh.

Yuri went out of the room. The dorm was pretty quiet less the sound coming from the TV but there was no one in the living room. She made her way to the kitchen, where Raina and the two maknaes were having what seemed to be lunch.

“Oh! Yuri sunbae! You’re here!” Raina spoke up since the two maknaes were too surprised by the sight in front of them. Kwon Yuri in a cute Mickey Mouse PJs, with eyes so swollen she could barely upon them.

Yuri awkwardly bowed. “I’m sorry for interrupting. Please continue eating.” She was about to leave the kitchen when someone tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and was met with Lizzy who had a cold expression on her face and an icy aura.

“Jin went out. She doesn’t know what time she will be back but she told me you’d be staying with us for a while. Your lunch is on the table. Reheat it after you’re done cleaning yourself up. If your headache doesn’t go away, there’s a bottle of aspirin on the bedside table in the room you slept in. Don’t try to kill yourself.” Lizzy then left after saying what she had to say.

“Uh. Thanks!” Yuri yelled to the younger girl. “Who’s Jin?” Yuri muttered to herself.

“Jin is Nana. Lizzy likes calling her Jin for short of Jin Ah.” Raina explained, “Lizzy and I have to go for practice. I’m not sure about the two maknaes but I’m sure they will be staying at home since they don’t have schedules. Make yourself at home.” Raina smiled before leaving the kitchen.

 

*

 

Nana waited in the café patiently. She knew the girl she was going to meet is a very busy person especially with her group’s comeback just around the corner. She sighed and took a sip of her drink. Suddenly the door to the café opened and a young lady entered. She was well disguised but Nana recognized her. She waved slightly to catch the attention of the new customer.

“I’m sorry I’m late. The place you chose is really far.” Yoona apologized before taking a seat opposite of Nana.

“I’m sorry. I just didn’t want people to recognize us. Would you like anything? I’ll pay for it.” Nana offered, feeling guilty for making the older girl travel.

Yoona called for the waiter and ordered a cup of hot chocolate.

“So, what is it that you would like to discuss with me?”

“It’s about Yuri unni.” Nana paused, paying attention to the girl in front of her. Yoona’s expression went from blank to hurt. Nana took a sip of her drink before continuing, “She talked to me. She told me everything that happened last night.”

Seeing that Yoona remained silent, Nana took it as a signal for her to continue talking. “Do you really love her?”

Yoona nodded.

“As a member or like how you love Seunggi-ssi?”

Yoona looked up and stared at Nana. The tears that were b in the actress’ eyes surprised Nana.

“I-I ha-have always loved Yu-Yuri unni.” Yoona confessed. Nana had to suppress her laughter. Despite the serious atmosphere, she felt like the two’s love story was more like a typical Korean drama. Nana cleared , but she could not help but grin.

“I see. Then why did you reject her the first time?”

“I couldn’t. I knew it was wrong. Our kind of relationship was wrong. And we’re celebrities. If people knew, they will bash SNSD. I’m the face of SNSD. I have to be strong for the group. I can’t risk our group for a relationship. I’m not selfish.”

“But what about Taeyeon and Jessica unni’s relationship? Is everyone in SNSD ok with them?” Nana questioned.

“Everyone is fine with it. Honestly, I sometimes envy them. The two are like soulmates. They can’t be separated.” Yoona chuckled.

“Yuri unni and I were like them before all this happened. We were inseparable. Fans thought it was fanservice. I thought it was for the sake of fanservice too but I wish it was real.”

“If you had a special connection, if you knew you love her, you should have made it clear! Explain it! I’m sure Yuri unni will understand!” Nana was now raising her voice. She could not control her anger and annoyance.

“I-I panicked. I didn’t know what to do. I thought maybe if I pushed her away, told her that it’s disgusting, that she’s disgusting, she would move on. I didn’t want her to be bashed by people when they find out about our relationship.” Yoona was now crying.

“That’s why I’m dating Seunggi oppa. I want her to move on. I want to move on. I thought this is the best for us.” Yoona continued.

Nana’s heart broke at the sight in front of her. She could not believe the girl in front of her would rather sacrifice her love than allow her loved one to be the main target of predators. Her anger and annoyance had melted away. Nana went over to Yoona’s side and pulled the girl in for a tight hug.

“I know what you mean. But Yuri unni doesn’t. You owe her an explanation.” Nana gently pats the older girl’s back, in hopes it will calm her down.

“Sh-she doesn’t even wa-want to ta-talk to me.” Yoona said in between her sobs.

“I’ll help you. I’m sure the TaengSic couple will help you out too.” Nana whispered words of encouragement.

 

*

 

Nana returned home late at night with the other two Orange Caramel members. She had rushed off to practice after convincing Yoona that she will help the two out. Nana was surprised to see Yuri and the two maknaes asleep on the couch. The TV was still on and Running Man was on. For some odd reason, it was the episode with SNSD as guests.

Raina and Lizzy woke up the two maknaes and Nana was left to wake Yuri up. Nana stared at the tanned girl’s face. It was serene. Yuri was sleeping so soundly and she had her cute tongue sticking out a little bit. The blonde was about to wake Yuri up when Yuri stirred and mumbled, “Yoona” before settling into a more comfortable position.

Nana tried her best to not giggle. The sight in front of her was just too adorable. She did not have the heart to wake Yuri up so she gently and slowly picked Yuri up bridal style and made her way to Yuri’s room.

Nana was about to leave after tucking Yuri in but was surprised when Yuri grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the bed.

“Stay with me, Yoona.” Yuri mumbled.

Nana sighed. She tucked Yuri’s hair behind her ears and placed a light kiss on her forehead.

“Don’t worry. You’ll be in her arms in no time.” Nana said to the sleeping Yuri before falling asleep. 

 


Hey! I'm back from my trip! :) 

A few more chapters and then we're done with this fic. 

I seriously feel like it's becoming one of those Korean dramas.

I feel like you can predict the ending. Boohoo. ):

But I have been writing some ideas down for a new fic.

 

Anyway, don't forget to subscribe, comment and upvote.

Thank you to those who have done so. :D

And to those who have always been commenting, thank you. Really. I appreciate it. I really do.

 

I can't with this gif.