3

Sleepless Nights

A certain raven-haired girl was busy getting ready to go out. She was wearing a simple printed tee, skinnies, cardigan and a snapback to cover her identity. She grabbed the keys to her car and purse and made her way to the front door.

“Going somewhere Yul?”

Yuri turned around, shocked to see the ice princess, Jessica, standing just a few feet away from her with a mug in her hands.

“Uh yeah,” Yuri answered simply, not even looking up since she was still tying the shoelace of her sneakers.

“Where exactly?” Jessica asked again, clearly unsatisfied with the short answer.

“Geez Sica, I’m just going out to grab a drink.” Yuri finally looked up from her shoes and faced Jessica.

“Alone?”

“No, with Barney, my imaginary dinosaur friend. Goodbye.” Yuri swiftly opened the door and to her surprise, Yoona was just about to unlock the door. The deer literally looked like she was caught in headlights but that was for a few seconds before her facial expression went back to the usual stoic one.

“DON’T COME HOME TOO LATE KWON YURI! AND DON’T DRINK TOO MUCH!” Jessica yelled.

 

*

 

Yuri grabbed the shot glass and chugged the contents down. She wasn’t a big fan of soju but she didn’t have much of a choice. It’s either drink soju at some deserted place where people won’t recognize her or drink some high-class drinks at the bar and be the center of attraction.

Of course Yuri chose the former. At least if she broke down or lose herself, she wouldn’t appear in the headlines. Yuri poured herself another shot and was about to bring it to when someone stopped her.

“Hey, if you’re gonna drink, you should have asked me along buddy.” Yuri looked up, her vision was slightly blurred but she recognized that voice. It was none other than the kid leader.

“Whuuut are you doing hereee? Fought with Sicaaa?” Yuri slurred a little, her index finger pointing accusingly at Taeyeon.

“Well not really. More like she asked me to check on you.” Taeyeon sat on the chair opposite Yuri before asking, “So where’s Barney?”

Yuri chuckled. She called the ahjumma for two more bottles of soju and another shot glass for her buddy.

“Yuri-ah, are you still upset?” Taeyeon tried starting a conversation.

Yuri who was a little bit tipsy took a little while to answer Taeyeon’s question.

“How would you feel if Jessica rejected you and then a few months later, she starts dating this douche who doesn’t deserve her?”

“Hurt? Crushed? Heartbroken? Devastated? Depressed? And a billion more feelings?”

“Yeah that’s how I feel. That’s why I drink. So I can forget. Even if it’s just for a lil while.” Yuri poured herself a shot and drank it. She then poured for Taeyeon a shot. The older one not wanting to be rude simply drank it.

 

*

 

It was almost midnight. The two girls have been drinking for nearly three hours now. There were about five soju bottles on their table. Taeyeon was beyond wasted. She already had her head resting on the table, mumbling things like her undying love for a certain Jessica Jung.

Yuri however was drunk but was not as wasted as Taeyeon. She was slowly tearing up after reminiscing the time Yoona rejected her. She did not understand why it was so hard to get over this particular deer. Yoona is already in a relationship. That should be a harsh slap of reality for Yuri but it seems like it was doing nothing.

Yuri closed her eyes, trying to get rid of the heartache because she knew the pain of her heartache was worse than a headache.

 

*

 

Yuri groaned when she felt someone shaking her, waking her up.

“Go away Taeyeon!” Yuri mumbled angrily.

Wait. When did she even fall asleep? Yuri quickly shot up straight and she immediately regretted doing that because the pain in her head was unbearable. And since when was it so bright?

“Annyeonghaseyo Yuri sunbae. I don’t think you know me. I’m Im Nana from After School.”

“Im Yoona?” Yuri asked. She could barely open her eyes.

“No no. Im Nana. After School. Sunbae, you’re drunk. I can send you and Taeyeon sunbae home.”

Yuri who still thought that Nana was Yoona, blindly embraced the standing girl’s waist.

“Yoona-yah, I missed you. Why did you leave me?”

Nana froze in her spot. Great. She was only taking a walk around her neighbourhood for some fresh air when she saw two familiar figures. She was only trying to help out her sunbae and now she’s mistaken for someone else. Nana felt her tummy area getting wet and when she looked down, she saw a sobbing mess.

“Okay sunbae, time to get you home.” Nana then realized that she had no idea where SNSD’s dorm was at and it was already close to 1 am. Since her dorm was only nearby, she thought maybe it’s better to just bring these two drunkards over to her dorm. She fished out for her phone from her pocket and started calling her members to help her carry the two sunbae home.

 

*

 

“Remind me again, why are we doing this?” Lizzy asked the blonde. She and Nana were carrying (more like half dragging) Yuri. The two maknaes, E-Young and Kaeun, carried Taeyeon.

“Well you kids were the only ones who were still up watching God knows what movie and since I don’t know where their dorm is at, I thought might as well just bring them back to our place.”

They finally reached their dorm and to their surprise, some of the older members were awake now and not to mention a very pissed looking leader.

“WHERE DID YOU KIDS GO? DON’T YOU KNOW WE HAVE A SCHED- OHMYGOD WHO DID YOU KIDS KIDNAP?” Jung Ah, their leader half screamed.

“SNSD’s Yuri and Taeyeon. Found them drunk at that ahjumma stall and I had to bring them home.”  

“Do their members know?”

Nana shot her leader the, What-Do-You-Think look. The leader could only shake her head before helping the four girls out.

The next 20 minutes were spent on cleaning the two sunbae and tucking them into bed. Surprisingly, none of them woke up. They merely stirred in their sleep (Taeyeon was still sleeptalking and she kept mentioning Jessica Jung which was totally freaky). 

 


Hello! Sorry for the really late update. I'm sorry this one is pretty short (and boring) too. I've been really busy with school. 

Uh, I don't know what else to say? I didn't proofread (again lolololol) because I need my beauty sleep. Don't forget to subscribe, comment and upvote this story if you like it. If you don't like it, you can leave comments too. It's ok. I welcome criticism. :D 

P/s: Don't be too angry about me adding After School into this. Don't worry, they'll only appear for a lil while. And if you're curious who Im Nana is, she's this girl