2

Sleepless Nights

“Hey Yoona” Jessica called out to the younger girl who was busy texting someone on her phone. Probably Seunggi. Jessica scoffed, “Yoonaaaaaa~”

Yoona was still too engrossed with her phone to even hear Jessica calling out to her.

“Oh my God. This kid. Yah Im Yoona!!” Jessica yelled and threw a soft cushion that she was hugging earlier on across the room, and it hit Yoona’s head.

“Ouch! Sica unni! Why are you so violent? How can Taeyeon unni tolerate you?”

“Don’t you dare drag Taeyeon into this! I have been calling for you for the past three minutes!! I know you’re in love but that doesn’t mean you can tune out the world.”

“Well what is it?” Yoona asked, now fully paying attention to Jessica.

“How about we grab some coffee at the café nearby? I’m kinda craving for their cheesecake.” Jessica suggested, her mind already thinking of what she’s gonna talk to Yoona in the café.

“OH MY GOD UNNI! YOU’RE CRAVING? ARE YOU PREGNANT? OMG IS TAEYEON UNNI THE FATHER? WAIT HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? YOU’RE BOTH GIRLS! OMG DOES THAT MEAN THAT THE WORLD IS ENDING??” Yoona panicked and started flailing her arms in the air.

“Hey, what’s up? I heard something about the world is ending.” The resident shikshin appeared from the kitchen with a banana in her hand. No wait, three bananas and a jar of peanut butter.

“UNNI, JESSICA UNNI IS PREGNANT! TAEYEON IS THE FATHER! SHE’S CRAVING FOR CHEESECAKES! WE NEED TO GET THE PREGNANT LADY A FRIGGING CHEESECAKE! CALL TIFFANY UNNI! WE NEED TO BAKE A CHEESECAKE!!!” Yoona started yelling while grabbing Sooyoung’s shoulders and shaking her.

“OH MY GOD!!” Sooyoung dropped her bananas and the jar of peanut butter. “THAT’S THE REASON WHY SHE WOKE UP EARLY A FEW DAYS AGO! THE WORLD IS ENDING, YOONA! IT’S ENDING!”

Jessica, who was beyond speechless by the behavior of her two members, simply buried her face into the pile of pillows that were on the sofa.

“Why do I have idiots as group members? Why?”

“So is it a boy or a girl? How far along? Are you guys gonna get married?” Sooyoung and Yoona started bombarding Jessica with questions.

“For goodness sake, I am NOT pregnant! I just wanted to ask Yoona out for coffee. It’s been so long since we sat down and had coffee together.” Jessica pulled her hair to release some tension she was already feeling.

“Oh.” The shikshin duo realized their mistake, “Ohhhhhhh.”

“Yes, ‘Ohhhhhhh’. So Yoona, do you want to grab coffee with me?” Jessica asked again.

“I would love to unni but I’m going out with Seunggi oppa. He’ll be here soon. How about tomorrow? I’m free the whole day.”

“Sure.”

“Hey Sica, how come you never ask me out for coffee? I am hurt.”

“Well, you’re a shikshin, you’ll burn a hole in my pocket if we were to go out.” Jessica meronged the younger one.

“Mean!” Sooyoung then stomped into her room, not forgetting to pick up her bananas and jar of peanut butter.

 

*

 

(The next day)

 

Yoona entered the café and looked for a brunette girl. It didn’t take long for her to spot said girl. Said girl was hidden at the back of the café, reading a book. Yoona hurriedly made her way to Jessica.

“Hey.” Yoona gave her a small smile even though she knew Jessica wouldn’t be putting that book down to greet her.

“You’re late.”

“Well… uh… I was busy with some stuff.” Yoona grabbed the chair opposite Jessica and pulled it out to sit.

“I ordered for you already. It will be here soon.”

“Thanks.” Yoona gave a small smile again, “So what is it?”

“Yoona, you know me, right? I’ll be honest. It’s about Yuri,” Yoona tensed up hearing that name.

Yoona cleared and shifted her eyes to anything else except the girl in front of her.

“She’s avoiding me isn’t she?” Yoona spoke up, but her voice was soft as a whisper.

“What do you think?” Jessica arched her left brow before taking a sip of her drink.

“Yes? I mean, I’ve been trying to talk to her but she’s been avoiding me ever since the company confirmed my relationship status.”

Jessica placed her drink onto the table, “And why do you think she’s avoiding you?”

Yoona took a moment to answer the question, “Maybe she’s jealous that I have a boyfriend and she doesn’t have one.”

Jessica had almost hit the younger girl’s head with her book. God, why does she have to be friends with such a dense girl?

“Isn’t that the reason? She’s jealous I have a boyfriend and she doesn’t?” Yoona asked Jessica.

“No you idiot! Well, you’re sort of right. She’s jealous but no, she’s not jealous that you have a boyfriend and she doesn’t.”

Yoona had a puzzled look on her face. Jessica facepalmed herself.

Jessica took a deep breath to calm herself before asking, “Don’t you remember what happened a few months before you started dating that oppa of yours?”

 

*

 

A certain Kwon Yuri was waiting for a certain someone in the dorm eagerly. Yuri has been pacing in the living room for the past 10 minutes. She had just finished checking the dining room for the fifth time to make sure that everything was perfect and in order.

The girls were out, TaengSic were out on their usual dates whereas the remaining girls had their individual schedules. However, a certain deer was going to be home soon and Yuri was nervous. Wait, nervous was an understatement.

Yuri heard the jiggle of keys and the door being opened. Entering the dorm is the girl that she has been waiting for all day (well more like years but let’s leave that out).

“Hi unni. Woah. What’s up with the petals on the floor? And why is it so dark in here?”

Yuri’s heart was racing, her tummy was doing all sorts of flips, her legs were like jelly but no, she has to keep calm or act calm at least.

“Hey Yoong,” Yuri cleared and took a deep breath before continuing, “Why don’t you go take a shower first before we have dinner?”

Not wanting to waste any time (she was hungry starving), Yoona hurriedly rushed to her room to grab a set of clothes and her toiletries.

 

-

 

“So what’s the occasion, unni?” Yoona asked while cutting up her steak.

Yuri placed her utensils down. Her hands were shaking. She took a deep breath.

“Yoona-ah, uh, I-I-I…” Hearing her unni stutter caught Yoona’s attention. Yuri never stutters no matter how nervous she was. Yoona placed her utensils down and placed her left hand on top of Yuri’s right hand that was on the table, hoping to calm the older girl down.

“Take your time unni. No need to rush.” Yoona gave a small comforting smile.

It’s now or never. Yuri thought.

“Yoona, I like you. No, I love you more than a friend or a member even. Ever since we first met, I have always known that you were the one for me. I’m tired of hiding these feelings in. So, today is the day that I will confess my feelings to you.”

Yoona’s jaw dropped. She wasn’t expecting this. She had wanted to say something but it seemed that her mind had went blank, causing her to be speechless. Yoona quickly snapped out of it. She withdrew her hand that was on Yuri’s hand and stood up.

“This is wrong Kwon Yuri! It’s disgusting! Stay away from me!!” With that said, Yoona made her way to their shared room and slammed the door shut, not forgetting to lock it. Yuri was banging on the door of their room in hopes of asking Yoona to hear her out.

After a few minutes, the door opened and a Yoona who was dressed in skinnies and a plaid shirt emerged from the room. She pushed aside Yuri, causing the older girl to stumble to the floor. Yoona made a beeline to the front door and just as she was about to swing open the door of the dorm, someone else opened it.

It was none other than TaengSic. Taeyeon’s hands were full with shopping bags while Jessica looked like a deer caught in headlights. Yoona shoved Jessica aside and quickly left the dorm.

“Woah. What’s up with her attitude? Not even a greeting?” Taeyeon mumbled after catching Jessica before the latter had made contact with the cold hard floor.

Jessica quickly got out of Taeyeon’s grasps when she heard someone wailing. She entered the dorm to find Yuri on the floor, crying her heart out.

 

*

 

“Please don’t remind me of that night.” Yoona said, her voice sounding cold.

“Yoona, she was a wreck, still is to be honest. Her heart broke into a million pieces and then the next thing we know, you’re dating that Seunggi dude. Don’t you care for her feelings? She loves you, Im Yoona! And you called her disgusting!! Is that what you think of Taeyeon and I? Disgusting?”

“If you’re here to make me feel guilty, I’m leaving.” Yoona grabbed her things and stood up.

Jessica grabbed the younger girl’s hand before the latter could leave.

“Please, just give her a chance.”

Yoona pulled her hand out of the grip and stormed out of the café. Jessica knew it would be pointless to chase after the younger one. She knew the latter would think about it.

Jessica unlocked her phone and wrote a new message.

 

To: Tae-bb <3

I’ve done my part. Now’s your turn to help that black pearl shine bb.

 

With a smirk, Jessica sent the message and happily ate her cheesecake.

 


Hi! Here's the second chapter. Sorry if there's any typos or errors. Didn't bother to proofread since it's pretty late here.

I just realized that I didn't leave any author's note in the first chapter.

So hello. I'm pretty new here. Thank you for reading, subscribing, commenting and upvoting my story. 

Please continue to enjoy this short story! :D

Don't forget to subscribe and comment. It's ok. I don't bite. :)