10

Sleepless Nights

Please read the previous chapter because this is a double update. 


 

Yuri must have fallen asleep again while watching TV because when she woke up, she was on the couch and the TV was still on. She felt something sticking on her forehead. She grabbed it and realized it was a post-it note.

 

Hello sleepyhead. Will you join me for dinner? I’m sure you’re hungry. Wear the clothes I had placed on your bed. Meet me at the roof of our dorm at 8 pm.

P/s: SNSD’s dorm not After School’s dorm.

 

- Yoong

 

Yuri grinned and she checked the time. It was already 7 pm. She hurriedly got up from the couch and ran to the bathroom. She only has 40 minutes to get ready. After a quick shower, she ran to her room. She saw the clothes on her bed. A pair of gray skinnies, a plain white shirt and a navy blue pullover. Simple enough, Yuri thought.

 

*

 

The drive took Yuri longer than expected to reach her dorm. Since it was in the evening, and people were rushing home, traffic was horrible. To make things worse, when she had reached her dorm, the lift was under maintenance. That resulted in Yuri having to climb flights of stairs to the rooftop. She was thanking the Heavens because her dorm only had 5 levels.

When Yuri finally arrived at the rooftop, she was nearly an hour late and was sweating buckets. She had taken off her pullover because it was too hot but when she got to the rooftop, it was like a dream come true. If before she was panting from climbing up the stairs, now she just can’t breathe properly. The sight before her was breathtaking.

The rooftop was dimly lit but it was still bright enough for Yuri to see her surroundings. There were photos of Yoona and Yuri hanging in midair. They were arranged from when they were still trainees till now.

The floor of the rooftop was covered with white tulips and there was a path that lead to a table for two. Yellow tulips surrounded the table. There were candles along the path as though lighting up the way to the table.

And at the table, sitting patiently was Yoona. A small smile adorned her face. She was holding onto a flower, which Yuri couldn’t really tell what it was.

“You came.” Yoona spoke up before standing up to walk towards the frozen Yuri.

Yuri had tears b in her eyes. This was the exact setting that she had always talked to Yoona about when asked about her dream date (less the flowers of course).

Yoona took a napkin and gently wiped Yuri’s sweaty forehead.

“I’m so glad you came Yul. I was beginning to worry you weren’t gonna turn up.”

Yuri was still speechless, and this caused Yoona to giggle. The younger one led the two of them to the table. After sitting Yuri down, she sat in her place and clapped once.

As though on cue, Taeyeon appeared in a suit, and served the two appetizers.

“Don’t worry, she didn’t cook this one. It’s safe.” Taeyeon whispered into Yuri’s ear after placing her bowl of soup. Yuri could only chuckle and Yoona cleared . Taeyeon bowed and excused herself.

 

 *

 

Dinner went well. A little awkward but it wasn’t as awkward as lunch. They talked (they avoided the sensitive topics) and they laughed (most of the time at how Jessica was a horrible waitress).

Now they were just walking around on the rooftop, Yuri was looking at all the photos that were hung up. Yoona was just admiring Yuri from the side. Yuri feeling eyes staring at her turned around and was surprised to see Yoona staring at her. In her hands was a red tulip.

“Yoong?” Yoona snapped out of her daze when she heard Yuri calling her by the nickname. Her heart raced and her stomach was doing flips that it was making her feel sick.

“Yeah?”

“You were staring at me.”

“You look so beautiful tonight.” Yoona didn’t even realize she had blurted out her thoughts out loud until she saw Yuri glancing the other way, avoiding Yoona’s gaze.

“Th-thanks.” Yuri felt her face heating up a little. She tried to change the topic and the first thing she could think of were the flowers, “These flowers, do they have meanings too?”

Yoona looked at Yuri, slightly puzzled at the older girl’s question.

“You said red roses means passionate love. What do these flowers mean?” Yuri further elaborated her question.

“Oh. Well, the white tulips mean forgiveness whereas the yellow ones mean hopelessly in love. I thought I could ask for your forgiveness with the white ones and prove to you that I’m hopelessly in love with you with the yellow ones.” Both their faces were now burning. Yoona looked like a lobster.

“I’m stupid, I know. I don’t know how to be selfish. I really feel horrible for rejecting you at first. I really did.”

Yoona took a deep breath before continuing, “It wasn’t easy to move on from my first love. Then I realized that I never would get over you because I’m so hopelessly in love with you. So please accept this red tulip because it’s a declaration of love. My love, from me to you.” Yoona stretched the hand that was holding onto the flower out to Yuri.

Yuri took the red tulip and pulled Yoona into a tight embrace.

“Can’t breathe!” Yoona managed to squeak out as she was practically crushed by Yuri’s embrace.

Yuri let go of the younger girl and apologized.

The next thing surprised Yuri. Yoona was now on one knee, digging in her pocket for something and when she finally found it, she looked up to Yuri and presented a small box towards Yuri.

“I know I’m slow. I’m sorry for making you suffer. I’m sorry for all my wrongdoings towards you. But I’m not sorry for falling for you, Kwon Yuri. So will you be my girlfriend?”

Yuri couldn’t even speak up. All she did was nod her head vigorously. Her tears were b in her eyes. And all of a sudden, all the SNSD members appeared on the rooftop, throwing confetti.

“Yah! You can’t just nod your head! Seal the deal with a kiss!!” Jessica yelled. Taeyeon could only shake her head. And people said Taeyeon was the ert.

However, YoonYul were in their own world. Yoona had stood up as soon as she slipped the Rilakkuma ring onto Yuri’s finger. Yuri again pulled her in for a hug before pulling away a little to place her lips on Yoona’s soft ones. And this was exactly how she imagined her first kiss with Yoona would be like.

 

*

 

Dear diary,

 

I didn’t even need to find the courage to confess to her. She did it herself.

Another sleepless night but this time I won’t be crying, this time, I’ll be too happy to even sleep. Maybe after this, there won’t be anymore sleepless nights because I’ll have her hugging me tight to sleep.

Im Yoona, thank you. I love you. 

 


IT'S FINALLY DONE. DONE!! I'm sorry if the ending seemed rushed.

Thank you for reading this supposedly short fic. 

Thank you for leaving comments!

Thank you for upvoting this story!! 

I LOVE YOU!! (I love Yuri more but who's counting?)

I have started a new fic. It's kinda crack-ish?

Basically it's SNSD in kid forms. 

Check it out if you have the time and don't forget to subscribe! 

Here it is. 

Have some YoonYul