7

Sleepless Nights

The tea was finally ready and Jessica poured it into two mugs. She brought it over to the dinner table that Yoona was sitting at. The younger girl was staring into space and her expression was just a blank one. Jessica sighed and placed Yoona’s mug in front of her. She then grabbed a seat next to Yoona and cleared when she realized the younger one was still ignoring her presence.

“Yoona?” Jessica reached out and held Yoona’s hands. The younger one flinched and that was when she started tearing up. The tears that had welled up in her eyes were finally freely rolling down her rosy cheeks.

“Hey, it’s okay. Let it all out.” Jessica brought the younger one closer to her and they did not even care about position they were in which was kind of awkward and uncomfortable.  Jessica hugged Yoona while gently massaging her back, hoping she could at least soothe the girl.

“It-it-it’s all my fault!”

“It isn’t. Shhh.”

Yoona then pushed herself away from Jessica. The front of the older girl’s shirt was wet thanks to the younger girl’s tears. She tried to calm herself down but soon started to have hiccups. Jessica then offered her the mug of hot tea.

“Here, drink this.”

After a few sips, Yoona once again started blaming herself.

Jessica sighed, “Yoona, when I said give her a chance, I didn’t mean to pounce on her.”

“Unni, why does my heart hurt every time I see them together?”

“Yoona, are you jealous of Yuri and Nana?”

The deer merely looked down and played with her fingers. A habit she had when she’s nervous.

Seeing this, Jessica gently grabbed Yoona’s hands to stop her from fiddling. But Yoona still had her head hung low.

“Yoona,” Jessica called out again, “Are you jealous of Yuri and Nana? Is that why you pounced on her?”

Yoona looked up and started straight into Jessica’s eyes. “I don’t like her dating that girl. Yuri unni even said that she’s better than me.”

“You didn’t answer my question. Are you jealous of them?” Jessica asked again, gentle but firm. Yoona merely nodded her head.

“Do you… Do you like Yuri?”

Yoona again nodded her head. Jessica was not sure if she should be happy that her plan is going well or heartbroken because Yoona is hurting.

 

*

 

In YoonYul’s shared room, things were different. Yuri had stopped crying a while ago but she was still sobbing occasionally. She had her head nestled on Taeyeon’s chest and was clutching onto a Mickey Mouse plushie that Taeyeon had grabbed from the tanned girl’s huge collection. The two were silent for a while.

Taeyeon had somehow dozed off but she was stirred awake when she heard a soft thud. She then realized that she no longer felt the warmth from Yuri’s body.

“Yul?” Taeyeon questioned the younger girl who now looks like she was leaving the room. She had a backpack with her. “Where are you going?”

“I’m going somewhere. Don’t worry about me.” Before Taeyeon could even say anything, the black pearl left the room. Taeyeon got up and tried to stop her.

“Yuri, why do you have to bring a backpack? Are you running away?” Taeyeon’s question caught Jessica’s attention. She looked up and was surprised to see Yuri about to exit the dorm. Yoona had also heard the conversation and she too was equally surprised to see Yuri exiting the dorm.

Yoona quickly got up from her seat. She jumped onto Yuri and grabbed the older girl’s legs.

“Please don’t go. Please. I know I’m in the wrong. I shouldn’t have gotten mad at you for moving on. Please Yuri unni. Please.” Yoona begged Yuri.

Yuri bend down and looked at Yoona in the eye. She studied the girl in front of her. How is it possible for this girl to make her heart race and then crush it into a billion pieces?

Yuri stood up, pushed the girl to floor (she made sure she didn’t use too much strength since she didn’t want to hurt Yoona) and glared at the younger girl. She was not going to give in. “I’m sorry. Please leave me alone.”

“Unni please. I like you. No, I-I love you.” Yoona confessed. She didn’t even know where she got the courage to confess her true feelings.

Yuri froze when she heard the confession. It was what she had been dreaming of since she was a teenager but somehow it didn’t feel right. It felt like Yoona had forced herself to say it to make sure Yuri doesn’t run away. Yuri took a deep breath.

“Please leave me alone.” With that said, Yuri stormed out of the house. As soon as she got into her car, she dialed Nana’s number.

“Hello?” Nana sounded groggy. Yuri felt bad for waking the blonde up. It was already close to 1 am.

“Hey. I’m sorry. Can I… Can I meet you?”

“Okay. It’s not very safe at this hour. Do you want me to drop by your dorm?” Nana asked.

“No. I’ll come over to your dorm. Is that ok?”

Nana nodded but then she realized Yuri couldn’t see her. “Sure.”

“I’ll be there in 20 minutes.” Yuri then hung up and started the engine of her car.

 

*

 

Nana brought out two mugs of hot chocolate to the dining table in the kitchen. Yuri had arrived a few minutes ago and judging from the swollen eyes and lips, she was sure something bad must have happened. However, she did not want to ask. She waited for Yuri to open up to her.

“She confessed to me.”

Nana knew there was a possibility of this happening but she did not expect it to happen so soon. She was not prepared for this. She was not prepared for the heartbreak.

Before Nana could ask Yuri why was she here, Yuri had answered her question.

“I ran away from the dorm. She was jealous that you and I went out earlier today. She was jealous and I told her that you’re better than her. We got into an argument. She pinned me against the wall and she kissed me roughly.” Yuri paused and she touched her bruised lips.

“Before I left, she had begged me to stay. That was when she confessed that she loves me.”

Nana’s eyes widen and she had almost spat out her hot chocolate.

“I’ve been dreaming of this day to come and it finally did but why do I feel so empty?”

Nana cleared .

“Maybe you’re just shock that this is all happening too soon?” Nana suggested.

When Yuri did not say anything, Nana continued, “Maybe you had expected her to confess to you in a more romantic setting? Or it could be that you thought she’s confessing to you only because she didn’t want you to leave.”

Yuri frowned at Nana’s suggestions. Tears were welling up in her eyes again. Nana saw this and she grabbed Yuri’s hands that were on the table and held them.

“It’s okay to cry. I’m here. I will always be here for you.”

 

*

 

It was already 3 am and Yuri had finally calmed down. Nana had asked her about where she was planning to stay and when Yuri told her she had nowhere to go, the younger blonde quickly offered her to stay in the dorm.

So now Nana was tucking Yuri into the bed. After School had a spare room that was previously used by Kahi.  After Kahi had graduated, the room was vacant and since not all the members stayed in the dorm, it was available for Yuri.

“Goodnight unni. My room is just opposite yours. If you need anything, just come in. Raina and Lizzy are heavy sleepers.” Nana was about to leave when Yuri grabbed her wrist.

“Please don’t leave me.” Yuri pleaded Nana.

“Unni, I-“

“Please.” Yuri had those puppy eyes and Nana couldn’t say no. She sighed and lifted the blanket. Yuri made space for her and as soon as Nana got into the bed, Yuri wrapped her arms around the blonde’s waist.

Nana’s heart was racing but she knew better than to keep her hopes up.

She only needs someone to accompany her. I’m only a friend. Unni, I like you. I really do. But I’m willing to give up on you because I know you will never get over Yoona unni. The only thing I can do is to always be by your side. 

 


Hey~ A little update. 

Yes, Yoona finally confessed. 

I know you're probably like, "WTF!!! I THOUGHT SHE HATED YURI!!!!" or, "OMG SHE CONFESSED!!!" or maybe both?

I decided to update this as soon as possible because I'll be away for a one week trip in a few days time. 

That means no updates for like a week or so (I'll probably be dead tired after the trip and will be too lazy to update). 

So don't forget to subscribe, comment and upvote! :D 

(and you can share this with your friends too)

 

MY TAENGSIC FEELS ARE BACK AFTER WATCHING FANCAMS OF THEM AT THE FANSIGNS LIKE ASDFGHJKL THEY INTERACTED!

Oh and check this out. SM seriously needs to give TaengSic a duet. They sound really good together.