Chapter 3

Qualified Without Qualifications

“I don’t think it will be nice if I’ll be having an interview with you. You have a very bad mouth. You’re not qualified to be my secretary”

“I don’t even need to apply on this . I’ll be going now.” I turn my heels away.

“But I know you truly and DESPERATELY need this position.” He smirks. “Maybe it’s so kind of me to let you in without an interview. But who cares? I’m the boss. And I want you in. A week of trial. If you’re good, you’ll be staying. Deal?”

Bloody hell. I don’t want to work with him.

But I don’t want to be starving. And besides, he’s right. I’m desperate. This is an opportunity to grab.

“It’s okay if you don’t want—“

“No. I’ll take it, s-sir.” I cough a little at the word ‘sir.’

“You’ll start tomorrow. Do you have some knowledge on what a secretary does?”

“Are you insulting me?”

“Why are you so guilty? I’m just asking.”

“ you. I’m not guilty”

“And you too. I’ll fire you if you curse again right in front of my face”

My temper is really bad now. I need to go out.

“Sorry, sir.” I curl my fist into a stone. Can I just punch him if cursing is not allowed?

***

“What are you doing here?” I ask Minseok.

She’s outside the building and I don’t know why.

“Waiting for you, Lulu.” She winks playfully.

“Mhm”

“So… what happened?” She drags me to a cab.

“Ha-ha. I just want to laugh. Would you believe that this ‘Oh Sehun’ guy is the newest person on my hate list? He’s ‘Bastard in a Black Suit.’ BIBS for short. And he’s gonna be my boss. The ”

“My ex is on your hate list?”

“Ex?! How did you stand that guy? Is that the reason why I need to spy on him? Move on, Min”

“I-I can’t. He’s perfect. Tall, handsome, rich, talented, and loving. So perfect”

“Uh-uh. He’s tall, handsome, and rich—NO. He’s despicable, arrogant, and so damn playful. Not even a gentleman”

“I don’t care. I still love him”

“You’re unbelievable.” I shake my head in disbelief.

 

The cab stops in front of a mall.

“Since I’m a fashion designer, I know what suits you”

And the dragging begins. She dresses me up like a Barbie doll. Not literally, kay? It’s fine because she’s great but I don’t like the fact that I need to be ‘prettier’ to attract BIBS’ attention. I just need a job. Not a boyfriend.

She brings me to a salon. A total makeover, indeed.

After that, we’re done.

“See? Now, I brought out the best in you! You look dazzling! I’ll be attracted on first sight if I’m a guy.”

“Min, I feel weird.”

These curls! Big curls!

“Huh?”

“They are staring at me,” I mumble.

“You’re lovely.” She winks

“Stop teasing me”

“I swear, I’m not”

I bite my lip and giggle. Later on, she giggles with me while waiting for a cab.

 

A/N: OTL sorry for not updating ;A; I'm really busy nowadays but I'll try my best to update.